Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

I had no issues with the 290.36 drivers.

Also:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354980

295.18 drivers that allow you to force FXAA through the Nvidia CP :D

NB: I have no problems with these either but I take no responsibility for your experiences.

Enjoy!

PS: The forced FXAA works perfectly in ArmA 2. I know the ability to use it has existed for some time (through the use of third party apps), but it's nice to be able to do it through the CP :)

Edited by BangTail

On the Nvidia Forums it seems the latest 280 and 290 series drivers are causing lots of issues with GTX 590 and 580 cards......
I have GTX580 and I had no problems so far.

-1. DISABLE AMBIENT OCCLUSION in NVIDIA Driver Control panel !

You shall try first NVIDIA 195.xx beta drivers or later ! Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2

NVIDIA videocard owners with newer cards and drivers supporting PhysX when disabling PhysX acceleration:

* this works mainly for 260 and newer GPU serie resulting into performance boost for NVIDIA users in ARMA 2 , yet some 9800/8800 users experiencing smoother gameplay

A. Control Panels > NVIDIA PhysX control panel > Settings > switch to NO PHysx acceleration ! > click on "OK"

B. Right click on desktop > NVIDIA Control Panel > Set Physx configuration > Select "Disabled" > Click on "Apply"

2. SLI profile should be part of latest drivers ,

so following applies for old drivers only

2a.

NVIDIA SLI owners shall try use NVIDIA beta SLI profile ARMA 2 support for 186.18:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nvidia_sli_profile_patch_uk.html

Anyone who install nVidia's fix should deinstall/remove the EVGA fix before installing nVidia's, if its previously installed!

2b.

NVIDIA SLI owners can gain additional performance by using EVGA SLI enhancer

http://www.evga.com/articles/00463/Default.asp

more info and feedback about EVGA SLI enhancer here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76369

VISTA (64b) users may get way faster/smoother framerate in windowed mode with 186.18 drivers

4a.

force VSYNC off in drivers

4b.

Alter RenderFramesAhead in ARMA2.cfg

Try turn off Threaded Optimization in the nVidia control panel to resolve

crashes with "V-buffer creation error" & "Vertex Buffer out of memory" etc.

details in this post http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1614205&postcount=328

---

please when posting feedback into this thread add what driver version of PhysX and NVIDIA (both are standalone packages) You have

NOTE:

following should be fixed already in 1.05

on some OS (e.g. Vista64) with 4+> GB there is need to startup game with -winxp commandline paramater (arma2.exe -winxp)

or/and limit windows memory in startup paramaters to <4GB memory

this vary by driver builds and other system variables so please try first the commandline option

fixes and improvements are in work ...

I would like to know if the points listed in this post are valid also for those who have recent series GPU GTX 500, I ask because in the control panel of my GTX 570 I can not disabling Physx ..:confused:

Why do you need to turn off PhysX?

It has nothing to do with ArmA and does not affect ArmA in any way.

If you really dont want PhysX, either uninstall the driver or switch the usage to 'CPU' in the NV CP.

Edited by BangTail

Soo you guys with 580s that are not having flashing screen issue, what are your settings? Do you guys make your own NvCP profile for arma or use the default? Guess you have to set the beta.exe to the Profile to have the correct .exe.

know of too players who have this issue , and only in ArmaOA..?

Why do you need to turn off PhysX?

It has nothing to do with ArmA and does not affect ArmA in any way.

If you really dont want PhysX either uninstall the driver or switch the usage to 'CPU' in the NV CP.

I'm trying to optimize the fluidity of ArmA2, because I have problems of stuttering:banghead: even though my PC has a good configuration (i5 2500K, Gygabite GTX 570 OC, asrock PRO3 z68, 8 gb ram)

Question, the 295.18 drivers are a beta version?

Edited by armaricc

Turning PhysX off wont do anything to help. It is completely independant of the display driver and is only called if a given game uses it.

295.18 are BETA.

@Kklownboy: I use inspector and you do not need to add the exe as it is named the same as the retail exe.

The only thing I change in the profile is Forced FXAA.

I run a GTX 590, the only flashing I have.....is when launching a mission. Right during the launch phase, before you start up (recieving information/data)...I 50% of the time get the black and white screen flashes.....but once the mission is loaded all is well and the game runs great.

All settings on high (except I set visual distance to lower, no need to see that far away). I'm running the latest WHQL 285.XX drivers..

New NViDiA BETA drivers 290.53 released on 21.12.2011

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

This is the second beta release from the R290 family of drivers. For more information, read the 290.53 driver article on GeForce.com.

This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.

New in 290.53

Optimizations for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Increases performance by up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vs. 290.36 drivers (measured with GeForce GTX 560 at 19x10 Ultra – Indoor Scene). Results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and in-game location.

Updates the NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to a higher performance profile.

Added new 3D Vision laser sight /crosshair options to better match Skyrim crosshairs.

For a full Skyrim tweak guide, visit GeForce.com.

NVIDIA SLI

Adds SLI profiles for Trine 2, WRC 2: FIA World Rally Championship 2011, and Afterfall: InSanity.

3D Vision

Fixes issues with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 not launching into 3D Vision mode

Added new 3D Vision laser sight /crosshair options to better match The Elder Scrolls Skyrim crosshairs

Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome – rated Good

The Adventures of Tintin: The Game – rated Excellent

Assassin's Creed: Revelations – rating changed to Fair

Driver San Francisco – updated settings to work better in 3D Vision

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – updated in-game compatibility message

Hard Reset – updated in-game compatibility message. FXAA x2 and x4 are now supported by the game

Ignite – rated Good

Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters – rated Fair

Jurassic Park: The Game – rated Good

Orcs Must Die! – rated Good

PAYDAY The Heist – rated Poor

PT Boats - Knights of the Sea – rated Good

PT Boats - South Gambit – rated Good

Race 07 – updated in-game compatibility message

Race Room – rated Good

Serious Sam 3: BFE – rated Poor

SkyDrift – rated Good

Star Wars: The Old Republic – rated Good

Stronghold 3 – rated Good

Take on Helicopters – rated Fair

Trine 2 – rated 3D Vision Ready

Waves – rated Excellent

Key Bug Fixes

Fixes some random instances of triangular artifacts when playing Battlefield 3 (fix is now enabled for GeForce 400 and 500 series GPUs).

Fixes a default panel resolution/ timing bug in 290.36.

Other Details

Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.

Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.[/size]

I had been using driver version 191.07 WHQL which was released some late in 2009 back then. the reason why I still using such old driver is simply because it offer "12% performance increase in ArmA II" , but now it had been 2 years since , and I want to update mine into the newest driver available but before I do that, I want to ask about if I will update my driver to the latest but I don't see that in the latest driver there is no "improvement in ArmA II" , will I be lost the 12% improvement on ArmA II forever ? :confused:

If i were you i would just try it, i wouldnt think you will get slower performance with a newer driver. But if your hardware also are old maybe you will. But its not that hard to install a driver, so revert to 191.07 if so.

I do believe all modern os do make a restore-point when installing new drivers, so its only a few clicks away to bo back to the old driver.

Dorph;2082238']If i were you i would just try it' date=' i wouldnt think you will get slower performance with a newer driver. But if your hardware also are old maybe you will. But its not that hard to install a driver, so revert to 191.07 if so.

I do believe all modern os do make a restore-point when installing new drivers, so its only a few clicks away to bo back to the old driver.[/quote']

actually my hardware are old :o

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2,53 Ghz

3 GB RAM DDR 2 667 mhz

Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT 512 MB GDDR3 Gigabyte

and of course 191.07 Nvidia driver WHQL

all in standard clock, because I don't know how to do overclock as well my PSU is not a big brand or capable one :(

Hi masters,

I'm using a Q9400@3400 and a GTX470@STOK with Arma2-OA settings in HIGH, no AA and 1080p-Viewdist 2400, the test mission benchmark2 scores 13 fps.

Is 13 FPS correct for my PC?

Best regards

Ps. I'm using Geforce 290.53 BETA

Edited by D3lta

Yes,it's normal,try to set memory to default not high,also disable Vsync ...

terrain detail and object detail are FPS killer.

Yes,it's normal,try to set memory to default not high,also disable Vsync ...

terrain detail and object detail are FPS killer.

Thx Qazdar, with terrain detail and object detail to Normal, my gain is 2 FPS.:) No gain with memory to default.

Always, I see a hard access in my Hard Disk.

Try setting 4000 m viewdistance,you don't really need 10000 m

Gaining 2 FPS on that benchmark is a huge improvement.

Try setting 4000 m viewdistance,you don't really need 10000 m

Gaining 2 FPS on that benchmark is a huge improvement.

I Know about viewdistance,in test I'm using 2400 only....:eek:

Using 290.53 beta drivers but it seems not to include the Nvidia Control panel :confused:

I looked thru its folder after 2nd install and indeed DisplayControlPanel folder is not included. Incomplete download or intended?

Using 290.53 beta drivers but it seems not to include the Nvidia Control panel :confused:

I looked thru its folder after 2nd install and indeed DisplayControlPanel folder is not included. Incomplete download or intended?

Hm, weird, have you tried to install it with clean installation option checked(or I dont know how that option is named) ? Edited by Pauliesss

I'm using 290.53 and have the control panel. Clean install from a fresh reformat and reinstall of windows though. switched from a 4870 to a GTX460 that someone kindly donated to me.

Not sure I've seen a checkbox for Clean Install and I'd definitely would have checked it. I've noticed that when you currently install new Nvidia Driver that it states it's uninstalling old driver -hope thats true and accurate. I've never had one issue with an Nvidia driver before but this situation got outta control quick.

At first I tried simply adding the ControlPanel folder from an older driver which had no effect. I then tried installing some my older drivers in backword sequntial order -everytime I attempted, I would get "Driver Installation Failed" with no further info. Worser still, it had stated it had successfully uninstalled previous driver -which left me in driver-less limbo.

I finally got an ancient driver from Windows Update to work for my 460's but as soon as that was fixed -my Network card driver mystreriously failed and I couldn't fix it via the Mobo utility disk -no internet.

Seems like something went awry in my Registry so I was forced (after a few Reg integrity programs) to wipe the HD clean nd reinstall Windows fresh.

Kinda ironic after a night of drooling over the new AMD 7970 reviews that my Nvidia came back to get me.

Hello everyone!

Are there any (ex)owners of GTX 295 Quad-SLI configurations? What is the best behaviour should i expect from Quad-SLI?

With one GTX 295 i'm getting ~70 avg fps in OA benchmark, with two -- ~71 avg fps. Is that normal behaviour? Running AFR2@4GPU mode for arma binary. Is arma that bad at such SLI configurations? Or is it drivers fault? Or maybe arma so much CPU-dependent, that for Quad-SLI it will need some insanely fast CPU?

My CPU is i7 2600k, tests were performed at stock frequency.

Seems fine to me, as well. No real increase or decrease in performance that I can see.