Sign in to follow this  
David1054

Actual Gameplay?

I downloaded the demo and i want to buy the game im dying here lol.

And well im going to upgrade video cards soon but right now i have a 9500 GT

i dont do extreeeeme resolutions but im wondering

Does the Actual game RUN better than the demo??

If not ill wait and get the videocard then game.

But if its the other way around ill get the game and then the video card.

So does it Run way better than the demo does?

:confused::confused:

my PC specs are

Phenom x3 8750 @ 2.84 GHz

3gbs DDR2 667 ram

XP 32bit

9500 GT ( upgrading soon to XFX HD4870 512mb)

The demo actually runs better than the game (this may be fixed in the next patch), but personally I'd wait to get a better vid card if you're still running a 9500gt

I played the demo until today and got the game today, performance is the same. Try to upgrade to the 4870 1024MB (1 GB) instead. I run it on a 4890 on a c2d @3.2Ghz and get ~15-30 fps with decent settings @1920*1200.

Doesn't the 4870 card have texture loading issues with the game due to lack of burst memory access or whatever it's called.

Personally I'd never touch one of those SLX/Crossfire cards. Rather get a decent single card, less problems.

Then again I could be mixing it up with another card. Is the 4870 one of those with dual GPU's on one card?

Doesn't the 4870 card have texture loading issues with the game due to lack of burst memory access or whatever it's called.

Personally I'd never touch one of those SLX/Crossfire things. Rather get a decent single card, less problems.

4870 is single, you are thinking of the 4870 X2

4870 is single, you are thinking of the 4870 X2

Doh, I thought it only came in an X2 version.

Oh well, never mind me then :o

Not having too many problems at all. Check out my post in the ArmaMark2 thread. I think the 4870 can get pretty decent scores :)

Check out the Troubleshooting forums, there's a thread there about optimization. I greatly improved my gameplay by using some of the settings talked about there.

Check out the Troubleshooting forums, there's a thread there about optimization. I greatly improved my gameplay by using some of the settings talked about there.

Problem with that is we shouldn't have to. Goes along with the supposedly intuitive editor which is only intuitive if you know anything about editing from ArmA 1 and the manual does little to explain it. I will eventually figure it out with hlep form the Biki and community, not an issue for me but it is advertised as easy to use and that is only true in the case of the most basic stuff.