Sign in to follow this  
-Wargasm-

Honest Opinions?

Hi all,

I've never been an Arma player, but I'm considering starting. I'm a long time fps/strat fan so we will see how I fare in this game.

Some Q's:

-What are your honest opinions about the game?

-What bugs should I look out for?

-What current annoyances need to be patched?

-What is multiplayer like? BF2 style boards? Custom boards? Or is the board the 'huge gameworld' itself?

-What is the best thing about this game in mplayer? The worst?

-What are your honest opinions about the game?

Its a rough diamond, in theory its the greatest game ever made.

-What bugs should I look out for?

Can your pc run it, once that works everything else seems to be fixable or avoidable.

-What current annoyances need to be patched?

Atm none for me, game runs fine some servers lag out tho.

-What is multiplayer like? BF2 style boards? Custom boards? Or is the board the 'huge gameworld' itself?

Bf2 has "maps" and objectives set in a linear-ish fashion, Arma has a gameworld and more diverse way of achieving objectives. Only thing the games have in common is guns.

-What is the best thing about this game in mplayer?

if you form any semblance of a team whilst online, the games "point" becomes very clear and its awesome. Worst? being a noob and not knowing wtf to do, 90% of players who know are fine and will hel you out but there is an Elitist attitude ingame and here towards noobs or players of other games.

Hands down the one thing that has kept me coming back to this game time and time again from the days of OFP is Multiplayer and Addons.

The addons team I'm apart of have been around since the days of OFP and the multiplayer squad I play with have also been around since 2002. Without them and the people I met in both and still continue to play with now I would have given up OFP after a few months.

When you play Multi-player co-op with a well organised squad you see why this game is capable of so much more than other games and when you see the amount of work the addon making community put into getting all manner of weapons, vehicles, maps etc into the game you realise you're onto a winner here.