Sign in to follow this  
trickster1982

Loading saved game error

Ok ive found a new one now,im on the manhattan mission still,and i saved my game before i closed it down last night (i'd just arrested that woman & taken her to LZ jersey for evac),then when ive come to load it up it just crashes to desktop & says something along the lines of "could not load savegame" :confused:

Has nobody else had this problem then?i cant reload my saves in the campaign game without it crashing to desktop & an error message appearing,its getting frustrating now! :(

Ive had the same problem, seems to give the save a bug when activating that arrest woman mission. Hopefully someone has reported it at the bugtracker.

I should really use the bug tracker for this but im rubbish at finding files and all that jazz!hopefully we're not the only ones & BIS are aware of it

Hi

I had the same problem (at differing points in the manhatten level), i had been saving regularly though as i kept on getting nailed and liked to revert to latter part of the game. When I encountered the same problem I went into the folder that the save games are kept (C:\Users\Dean\Documents\ArmA 2\Saved\ca\missions\campaign on vista but your name might not be Dean obviously) and renamed my latest save game(save9.ArmA2Save) to "autosave.ArmA2Save" and it worked. Seems as though the saving feature cocks up sometimes. So save regular and use this method.

My save was 2 minutes before an autosave so I was lucky.

Think of it as saving a really long Word doc you are writing every ten minutes or just before your about to get killed by a bullet point.

D

I don't know if my latest problem was introduced with 1.03 or if I've only just started noticing it...

I've officially jumped on the "ArmA2 campaign sucks" bandwagon. Not because the game sucks - I love it - even with some glitches... But because my save games keep corrupting the same as mentioned above. I've been stuck on the Noby Sova (or whatever it's called) mission for 3 weeks now. I've completed the initial 'town assault' about 7-8 times because every time just after setting up my base and moving out to go and hunt for more bad guys, I'll die (naturally because I suck) and when ArmA2 attempts to load my most recent save game, it will CTD with the above error message.

So I have to 'revert' back to the freaking start of the whole mission again.

I'm over it. Now I'm waiting for Dragon Rising to be released and will save ArmA2 for it's custom game editor/ LANs.

Jero :(

^ That's the mission I'm on. I've seriously cracked the sh!ts now! Have repeated the Novy Sobor town attack SO many times (been trying in Win7 and XP) it's actually going to drive me insane if I do it again. I'm (sadly) considering taking ArmA2 back to the store for a refund. Considering I bought a top-line i7 rig in anticipation of this game (I was a die-hard OFP fan), that saddens me :(