Sign in to follow this  
Ezdaroth

[STEAM DEMO] "Corrupted data detected."

Hello, I downloaded the demo via steam. It installed nicely, however when I'm trying to run the game, I get a black screen for a while and after that alert-popup "Corrupted data detected.", doesn't give any other information.

I already verified integrity of game cache via steam, but there doesn't seem to be any kind of repair tool that looks for corrupted files.

Could this be caused by anything else than actually corrupted install? Wouldn't want to re-download the whole thing if I really don't need to, got a slow connection.

I already tried -winxp, -maxmem=2047 and -nosplash launch options.

My system: AMD Phenom 9950 Quad, ATI HD4870x2, 4gb of ddr2 @ 1066mhz. 64-bit vista ultimate.

EDIT: Oh, and got service pack 1 and latest directx. Also updated bios and graphic card drivers about a month ago.

***SOLVED*** Enabling beta version of steam and re-checking the game integrity worked.

Edited by Ezdaroth
Marking as solved

tried erase ONLY the file mentioned as corrupted and then recheck in STEAM the file cache ? (technically will redownload the corrupted file you erased)

also make sure you have enough free space on the target directory ...

Only problem is that it doesn't mention the file. I thought It's a bit strange to just have error like this:

armaerror.jpg

Is there a log somewhere that would be a bit more specific? If it helps, the check at start seems to go right (around 8 checkboxes filling up before the game tries to start).

please try find arma2demo. rpt file

usually located within

Documents and Settings

username

Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 Demo\

it's text file so if you compresss it to zip it may be enough small to post it as attachment

Ok, found it. I think what you are looking for is this:

ErrorMessage: Corrupted data detected.

SmallMemAlloc not free when destructed - SmallMemAlloc::ReleaseAll skipped.

Elem. size 24

Elem. size 28

Elem. size 36

Elem. size 160

Same repeats for each start attempt. Seems to be about memory, but I don't know.

I think I'm just blind, since I can't find attachment feature. Here's a link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/249222662/ArmA2Demo.RPT.html

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

I couldn't find any other cases like this, so it's most likely about my setup?

Would appreciate even a bit of information, since I'd just want to know if there's anything I can do or should I just wait for a fix through update or something.

don't download demos, they years outdated, get ARMA 2 Free instead ...

is it free or is that just the name on it? anyway im not old enough to buy it so:(

Check here:

http://www.arma2.com/free

Arma 2: Free to download, free to play, free to share, free to host, free to create... free to play redefined!

Scroll down the linked page to read the limitations of the free version, but at least you will be able to enjoy the game ;)