Sign in to follow this  
Palamedes

Arma2 Resolution Issue

I have just purchased ARMA 2 and installed it. I have the game set to use 1680x1050 both for the interface resolution and for the 3D resolution.

The settings SAY 1680x1050 yet my monitor says 1280x1024.. My graphics card is an nVidia 285 GTX and my monitor is a ViewSonic 20" wide screen with a default resolution of 1680x1050.. You can get an onscreen report of what the resolution actually is though through the monitor controls and it's quite obviously the wrong resolution.. (read: it looks horrible)

I am running Windows 7 RC and have the game set to run in XP mode. I have the latest drivers for Direct X and my graphics card.. Yet nothing I do will get the game into the right resolution.

Changing the "3D Resolution" drop down does have an effect, but it doesn't actually change my monitor resolution..

How do I get the game to run in the right resolution?

1280*1024 is not wide screen, its "normal" 4:3 aspect ratio.

other than that, I dont have a clue of what you're trying to say. maybe change the aspect ratio setting?

sorry english is not my first language.. so have trouble understand you

The issue appears to be that my nVidia settings were set for "MultiMonitor optimization".. Changing that to Single monitor seems to have resolved the issue.