492 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the demo?

• the demo is great
    • the demo is good
    • the demo is so-so
    • the demo is not good, I do not like the game
    • the demo is not good, I have problems installing it
    • the demo is not good, I have problems playing it

As the demo topic is hopelessly cluttered with people reporting their download progress, here is the one and only demo feedback topic. As and added value (for us), it comes with poll.

My game keeps freezing and crashing on Boot Camp.

Ill redownload as i may have gotten a corrupted file. :\

I can't start the demo because when I try to launch it, it says it cannot find X3DAudio1_6.dll, and suggests reinstalling the demo.

After reinstalling it, the error persists.

I can't start the demo because when I try to launch it, it says it cannot find X3DAudio1_6.dll, and suggests reinstalling the demo.

After reinstalling it, the error persists.

BTW a couple of people so far have had a launch error with the demo: "Demo failed to launch, X3DAudio1_6.dll was not found" You need to make sure you have the latest Directx 9 Redistributable installed:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

:D

Performance is great so far, having no problems, hopefully its been improved :).

However i think it could of also been done better, there needs to be a contrast setting on the video settings and also the game needs to have some no blur option, i am still getting dizzy and feeling sick when playing the game. Ive tried setting headbobing 0, still..

Oh but im also having freezing issue and lock ups when in boot camp and also when i played high command.. that needs to be fixed..

If you have Dx10 installed, wouldn't it already have that dll?

nah, you have to install the latest directx9 redistribute

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

i just have a look at it, as i see it has better performance then the retail.

AA can be enabled in settings, languages are changeable (hopefully it will be in the next patch)

the latest retail patch is 1.02.58064, and the demo is 1.02.58127. so im so excited about 1.03 patch!

Look up a few posts, install the latest DX9.

So the Demo is more updated then the retail?

It seems so, the performance is very good so far..

It seems so, the performance is very good so far..

so is it like if the demo runs good that the actual game will run a lil bit worse or ?..

No i think this is just an early version of the 1.03 patch so the retail game will run just as well when it gets updated.

so is it like if the demo runs good that the actual game will run a lil bit worse or ?..

It would make sense to assume that anything that's been fixed in the demo since 1.02 will be in 1.03, so no.

We plan small hotfix that will update your version to demo build.

Very very nice. The overall "feel" of the game is brilliant in the demo, especially the loading screens look so much more professional. Overall object quality looks better and there is finally antialiasing + shadows! :D

One negative thing I've noticed is that the infinite terrain on Chernarus seems to cause intense stuttering. Especially when you just put yourself far out there, where nothing but terrain is visible, my framerate stutters like mad while moving. Could this be the cause of increased stutter in patch 1.02?

We plan small hotfix that will update your version to demo build.

that would be soooo cool :)

Keep getting this error whenever i try to install

Unable to find setup01.bin.

Please keep setup.exe and all *.bin files at the same directory.

There is only one file...

Running Windows Vista Ultimate

Keep getting this error whenever i try to install

Unable to find setup01.bin.

Please keep setup.exe and all *.bin files at the same directory.

There is only one file...

Running Windows Vista Ultimate

try to run it as admin, maybe its helps. or maybe the file is corrupt, dont know, sorry.

^^ I'm getting the exact same problem.

Win Xp here...

Really enjoyed the first mission, I played it through on easy.

The frame rates in the back of the helicopter when I started were pretty scarey. For some reason you only get 4 FPS in there, but otherwise it was all excellent.

The first time I launched it the default settings had me on a lower res than I am used to and some heavy blurring. This was unplayable and I turned the game off within about 2 minutes. The blur in particular is an eyestrainer. I think you should include somekind of health warning! If I played that way for longer than a couple of eye's I would become shortsighted. Really, that isn't good.

The second time I tried I seemed to have sorted this out some how and I was very pleased. Kegety's blur remover crashed the game, but I think turning off the post processing might have been the answer.

I spent last week playing ArmA in preparation for this and I can really see the improvement in the game. It's way more fluid.

The Iron sights/scope key was about as far away from my hand as it could possibly be and still be connected to the same keyboard. Zero points for ergonomics. The Previous keybinding of V in ArmA does something else now, I can't be sure what. I don't suppose it's as relavent as actually aiming your gun at someone in a shooting game.

Really, zero points. Cuff the guy who assigned the keys round the back of the head from me please.

Edited by Baff1

hi guys, i'm totally new to arma, never played any version before. ive been really looking forward to trying it though.

so i finally installed the demo and the textures look really weird, like something is horribly wrong. i tried with default settings and also lowering and raising the quality. could someone explain how to fix this?

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/macmeister92/ArmA2Demo2009-06-2509-55-48-58.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/macmeister92/ArmA2Demo2009-06-2509-56-05-41.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/macmeister92/ArmA2Demo2009-06-2509-56-15-65.jpg

I thought i had a pretty good system so that shouldnt be the problem.

Intel Xeon Quad Core @ 2.80ghz

8gb RAM @ 800mhz

nvidia 8800GT

320Gb HDD @ 7200rpm

Windows 7 RC

(all latest drivers and patches for windows and for nvidia)

thanks!

Unplayable. Trying the first basic training mission, textures don't load, buildings disappear, and most of the vegetation is big solid colored blocks. Tried messing around with various video settings, no change. Oh well.

EDIT: Basically, the post above!