Sign in to follow this  
chrismvts

Kick player feature

Could you add a kick player feature to the players menu on the map screen. The game is over ru with morons tking. Also plaes stop people from being allowed to use spaces after their names.

Oh, a command line vote process that you just have to know since it's not in any manual and requires, what, a 70% participation rate to be effective.

Oh yeah, that's the kind of feature that's both appropriate and useful in a 2009 public multiplayer environment.

Another alternative is voting someone admin and that temp admin can kick anyone with a single click. Or find a server that has an actual admin logged in and they will keep the server under control.

Oh, a command line vote process that you just have to know since it's not in any manual and requires, what, a 70% participation rate to be effective.

Oh yeah, that's the kind of feature that's both appropriate and useful in a 2009 public multiplayer environment.

thats right, its must be changed. not because that you have to know the exact command, but if someone has a name with characters you cant write down with your keyboard, well, its just suxx :) (or maybe there is something, what i didnt know :))

Find an adminned server. Might I suggest the [RIP] servers. Strict tk/numpty kick policy on our servers.

thats right, its must be changed. not because that you have to know the exact command, but if someone has a name with characters you cant write down with your keyboard, well, its just suxx :) (or maybe there is something, what i didnt know :))

it's easy, type #userlist look at the number ID of the one you want to kick and after type: #vote kick "ID" (without the " " )

and it work.

I tried teh user list but it only shows the last 4 people in the list

I think we've established that the method of admin interaction sucks for ArmA 2.

How do I kick someone?

Type "#vote kick (player number)"

How do I know the player number?

Type "#userlist"

How do I scroll the user list?

Open the chat field and use PgUp/PgDn

Awesome, you answered an easy question with an undocumented have-to-memorize command line command which raised a question that was solved with an undocumented have-to-memorize command line command which raised a question that was solved with an undocumented UI feature.

Here we go:

General commands

#userlist

Used to find the specific number of a player. You can replace his name with the number in any vote or admin commands. Example: #vote kick 147 instead of

#vote kick Krungthepmahanakonbowornratanakosinmahintarayudyayamahadilop

onoparatanarajthaniburiromudomrajniwesmahasatarnamornpimarna

vatarsatitsakattiyavisanukamphrasit

Vote commands

#vote kick name/number

Vote to kick a user.

#vote admin name/number

Vote a player to become admin.

#vote restart

Vote to restart mission.

#vote missions

Vote to change mission.

#vote reassign

Vote to reassign player slots. (Changing roles, squads etc.)

Admin commands

#kick name/number

Kicks player.

#missions

Changes mission.

#restart

Restarts current mission.

#reassign

Reassign player slots/roles.

Those are the commands I know.

Ok, great, now inform every single player I will ever play with and make sure they remember it.

Um, #vote kick player is for every player to know. That's the whole point. #vote admin player is also. If you have an admin then he can just kick from the player screen (P key) by pressing a button.

Only common users have to memorize command line functions. The admins get a pretty GUI button. Seems backward doesn't it?

You could try an automated kick - if someone has shot more than x number of their team members their team can vote them off. They are told why the person has been flagged for kicking, and asked if they want them voted off.

That way someone who is either trigger happy or a team killer gets to go without the need for admin intervention or a blind vote.

I think the OP and Frederf made their point pretty well: There needs to be a clear, easy user interfance for vote kicking, otherwise it doesn't work. It never worked in Red Orchestra either, since you need to push the vote into the face of other players, otherwise they will miss it or not know how to vote themself.

I haven't tried this online but when hosting a LAN game the map view has an option to see the list of players and by clicking on a name there is a button to kick them.

Right, if you are the admin. Servers without an admin is very common.

I think you can kick by pressing j if your host then click on there name havent tried it on a random server where im not host but that way it works ill tell you if it works on other servers.

I'm glad you brought your incomplete knowledge to the table and told us something that we've already established a few times over already.

Yes, you can kick using a button as the admin which is located on the player screen (P). I suppose the Diary (J) also allows access to the player list. Map (M) would as well I think.

There are however several administrative commands for everyone else that are simple undocumented, memorize-or-bust command line nuggets of joy.

First off, thank you for the link to the server commands. I have a logitech G-15 keyboard, which is GREAT for programming complete admin commands to a single key.

Second, I think there may be a side of the equation that people are missing. I don't think that it was an oversight not to give players the tools to kick players easily. I think it may have been intentional, to prevent griefers from randomly trying to kick people for no reason and other such moronic things, just because they have the ability.

Having said that, is there a line to add in the server config that will autokick at a certain negative score? Gonna research that, I will let you all know if I find something.

Playing on a well admin'ed server, as in any other game, is the best way to go to prevent exposure to idiots who are just out to ruin everyone else's good time.