Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

Excellent little vid of tactics, goon! I wish I was there in that tank fight! :cool:

A little glitch from a 2MC Insurgency mission the other night.

GPfZ3qFEEWM

Addons; Lingor Island by IceBreakr

Here we go!

The best of UTG for the YEAR 2011!

Includes games with ShackTac, Task Force Blackjack, and Our Army.

It's a bit fast paced b/c I wanted to make it more like music video clip. Hehe.

3NKAF2_bQn8

Music:

The Knife - If I Had A Heart

Two Steps From Hell - Eyes Closing

The Pretty Reckless - Make Me Wanna Die

Oasis - Fuckin' In The Bushes

Dire Straits - Six Bladed Knife

And this is why Chernarus is the best Map ever!

We attacked Khelm hill from the north and faced some heavy Resistance in the forest. No other game can provide you wich so thrilling firefights. JSRS together with the optional Soundfiles is just the icing on the cake.

Enemy is spotted at 0:53 for the first time

Firefight starts at 3:28

Team Medwed is fighting on our right flank.

after that: insane ammount of Fire from both sides. We really ran out of Ammo during the fight.

I am a total newbie when it comes to movies and editing. However I did this little movie showing of some bug.

Now the recording thing I used sucked so there is no audio, however you dont need it for the vid.

YgEG4nEPbLk&hd=1

***Please note - this is a 3D Machinima that you will have to watch on Youtube in order to access the 3D viewing options in the menu bar below the video.***

As far as I know this is the first Arma 2 machinima style video shot entirely in 3D format. I have seen some short anaglyph 3d videos before but nothing that takes advantage of Youtube's 3D viewing functionality(I may have missed one though).

This video can be watched in MULTIPLE 3D formats OR you can TURN 3D OFF and watch the video normally like any other video by clicking on the red 3D in the option bar below the video.(this is why you will need to watch it on Youtube or my website www.3dhighlightreel.com)

Two gutsy A-10 pilots scream through the mountains of Panthera, risking their lives to stop a madman from launching Scud missiles into a populated city.

Watch in HD and dont miss some cool stuff in the credits.

I intended on releasing this video alot sooner but ran into some issues with my graphics card and the driver I am using to shoot in 3D. The driver author was excellent and found a workaround for me so that I could continue with the project. You will see several videos of Arma 2 in 3D shortly after this including some vehicle, island, and addon showcases.

Thanks for watching

dcal Edited by dcal

Another video from the 16AA, FSG point of view. The FSG has been supporting the operation to capture a local drugs lord, while the platoon air assaulted into the objective.

@dcal Very nice Video!

Well Odium made a new Video showcasing our great Gameplay

aaaannnd he made a video with Outtakes showcasing our great failures (Poll included)

Good stuff dcal and Odium!

But now...

I'm proud to present, the fifth event of Rolling Thunder!

THE SCENARIO (FICTIVE):

The date is September 4th, 1987.

In Syria, the Hatay Province has been a topic of dispute for many years.

Syria states that this province is originally theirs and has recently mobilized to seize this area, which is currently considered Turkish soil.

The Turkish Army, assisted by a British originated NATO unit, is moving to counter this threat.

This battle was quite interesting and special! Both sides were fighting in non-stabilized turrets and with only rangefinders - thus the battle was much more bloody and crude. :)

Unfortunately there was an annoying problem with my microphone: it had suddenly gone to default values after a restart, thus my voice is VERY low - I have therefore put in subtitles wherever I speak, plus on other important messages!

Else I have also as you may notice in the video, cropped the screen to zoom in on the action to remove all the dead borders around the viewports. The problem with this was that the HUD would then disappear.

Therefore I have masked them and successfully put them back where they belong, even if the frame is zoomed in.

I have put a lot of work into this and I really hope you all will enjoy this video as much as I have enjoyed making this series. I also hope you will enjoy future releases as well. :)

Sit back, relax and enjoy the mayhem in 1080p!

Edited by Stuntman
Embedding video

Nice Video Stuntman

Arma really needs a Object Viewdistance slider to stop tank from disapearing at large distances...

Nice Video Stuntman

Arma really needs a Object Viewdistance slider to stop tank from disapearing at large distances...

Thanks! Yes, absolutely. Too many times have I been hit by "invisible" flashes of smoke!

I know it isnt much but this is my first "cinematic" movie.

pw_RFZSy_rc=

Also I wonder is there a way to edit the movie so the different scenes blend up better, mostly with sounds?