Sign in to follow this  
bradlo

Filmmaking Camera Script - Bulldozer Controls Issue + Crosshairs issue

Hey,

Previously in ArmA 1, you could use this script:

player exec "camera.sqs"; showCinemaBorder false; setAccTime 0.01

in a trigger to make the world enter slow motion, and you control a Camera in "No Clip" when the trigger is triggered. The camera was controlled by the "Bulldozer" set of controls in the control options menu.

When trying the above script in game, triggering the trigger and then trying to free look with the mouse (binded), all i get is a very very fast free look - the slightest touch of the mouse moves the view miles very quickly. This is un useable for filmmaking and screenshot setups etc...

How is it possible to setup the bulldozer commands to make the mouse move slower? Changing the Axis sensitivity for Bulldozer setup also changes it for every other category, e.g. infantry, air etc...

How can i just change the bulldozer/camera one?

Finally how can i remove the little cross hair that appears on the screen?

In ArmA 1, this was a case of disabling the cross hairs from the difficulty setting, however this doesn't remove it in the camera view in ArmA 2....

Thanks for any help,

Brad

Don't use the mouse, use the movement controls to move around and the numpad arrows (2468) to tilt the view.

You can remove the crosshair by pressing L.

I think L did remove the cursor.

Don't use the mouse, use the movement controls to move around and the numpad arrows (2468) to tilt the view.

You can remove the crosshair by pressing L.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, pressing L, i forgot about that, ill try it soon.

Using the Numpad isnt ideal for movie making and such, as the shakey camera effect is best used and created by the mouse, plus its just easy to use.

Is there anyway of just getting the mouse to be not as sensitive on bulldozer controls only rather than being less sensitive on every set of controls?

Thanks,

Brad,

Try to set the controls on the mouse. (the buldozer ones)

Try to set the controls on the mouse. (the buldozer ones)

As sated in the first post when just changing the buldozer controls (Mouse controls) it changes them for every other class too e.g. Infantry, Air etc...

How can i change it for just the one?

Brad,

hm try modifying the arma2profile file.

hm try modifying the arma2profile file.

};
};
headBob=1;
mouseSensitivityX=1.168426;
mouseSensitivityY=1.2094502;
floatingZoneArea=0;
sceneComplexity=500000;
viewDistance=3386.9063;
terrainGrid=6.25;

Found the above in my profiler, but it only has that for the bottom of the profile which suggests its for all control's not just bulldozer controls.

Any ideas?

Thanks for all the help so far!

Brad,

Anybody know what else could be done? Or is this a bug with ArmA 2 that needs to be fixed in the next update?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,

Brad

If you own an XBOX360, plug the controller into your PC, and bind to that. It's very smooth. I use it all the time for vehicles.

you can use the sticks for look up/down/strafe/height and the triggers for zoom !!!

Makes for very VERY smooth and accurant movies.

Also, the bulldozer controls can be mapped to it totally indipendant to infantry and vehicle controls.

If you own an XBOX360, plug the controller into your PC, and bind to that. It's very smooth. I use it all the time for vehicles.

you can use the sticks for look up/down/strafe/height and the triggers for zoom !!!

Makes for very VERY smooth and accurant movies.

Also, the bulldozer controls can be mapped to it totally indipendant to infantry and vehicle controls.

Thanks for the reply! I have an Xbox 360 control and receiver so i will give this a go. However is there no way to do so with the Mouse alone?

Sorry to be picky!

Thanks alot,

Brad

You could try setting the dpi on your mouse down very low, which I was going to experiment with this evening. What brought me to this post is not the mouse look aspect of all this but the W-A-S-D for moving the camera. Is there any way to slow down the movement, or even better script in some sort of ease so if you hit W for a second you slowly speed up to walking speed, then when you let it go you gradually slow to a stop. Easing in and out like this would make for much nicer camera shots, but if that's not possible it would be nice to at least be able to slow the motion down a bit when moving the camera. I suppose I could try moving it with the joystick.

Any thoughts?

What I did in OFP was jump in a helicopter and removethe comlete hud of it. It looked like a free cam, and you could hover around very smooth. I am not sure if you can remove the hud in arma 2 though.