Sign in to follow this  
HHawk

Bought ArmA 2, installs in English and after update it's in German?!

Okay bought the official ENGLISH version of ArmA 2 (and received it today).

Installed it, started up the game. Everything works and in English.

I downloaded the latest patch 1.02, installed it and run the game again, but to my (unpleasant) surprise ArmA 2 is now in German?!

What's this about? And how do I fix this?

there is no "german" patch for 1.02 its universal. The point is he shouldnt need a mod for language if hes bought the english version.

Do you have an option to change it to English? There's an option somewhere to change language (mine won't change from German, as I have the German version, but maybe yours can?). I only say this because you didn't specify you tried looking for it or not...

Well after searching the menu's (my German is not the best), I have found the option, but I am unable to change it to English.

Also changing the .cfg from German to English doesn't change anything. Sigh.

I downloaded the latest patch 1.02, installed it and run the game again, but to my (unpleasant) surprise ArmA 2 is now in German?!

Have you tried reinstalling the patch? Make sure you download the one from the official website and not a 3rd party site, as you may have downloaded a pirated version of the patch. Which may explain why it changed to german.

I have downloaded it from the official website.

Anyways using the English mod, but I am not happy about it.

And also the game is to dark. Even after trying several things (changing HDRprecision, Kegetys mod, etc. etc.) Game stays to dark. Sigh.

Weird, I have the German version (Metaboli) and also got the English version from Game, when I got the English verion I just uninstalled the German one, installed the English applied the new patch and it is still in English, it also still doesn't ask for the DVD to be in the drive is that right ?

HHawk, you didn't by chance install the 1.01 final patch too did you as that was only for the German copy ?

Nope went from retail to 1.02 straight away.

Anyways I am able to play in English (thanks to the English mod), but the worse problem (currently) is that the game itself is to dark. No matter what I do or change in the cfg files.

My English one is still in English. Strange why it would do it to yours? I forget maybe you selected language as German whilst installing the patch?

Nope, didn't select anything to change language. :(

Are you sure the CD Key is a legitimate English CD Key? If you PM me it I can check it for you.

Are you sure the CD Key is a legitimate English CD Key? If you PM me it I can check it for you.

Are you staff?

Yes, if you wish I can email you from my BIS Email address? :)

Or click the "Contact Us" button at the bottom which also reaches me.

Replied, your CD Key is German, where did you buy the "official English version of ArmA2"?

Actually I have this very same problem, I think I have a german CD key as well because somebody purchased the game for me...if this is the case what are my options?

Sorry about digging up the thread, but it's better than making a new one.

After1.02 the game detects your cd key and bases the language on where the key came from.

Have a look in the mod section of the forums (or google) and search for english mod

ive never seen that before. Shouldnt there be an option to install English version or german version?

ive never seen that before. Shouldnt there be an option to install English version or german version?
I agree. I don't really see any sort of advantage to not having an option that actually allows you to switch between languages. We paid for the full game, shouldn't we be on the same level as everyone else?

Possibly. Maybebis will change it later but the belief is that if you bought the German cdkey then you planned to play the game in German. If you bought the English version and it's in German then that's the fault of whoever sold you the game.

There's always other factors, like people wanting to buy the game early had to get the German version, but the general idea is that if you bought the German version then you wanted the German version and paid for the German version, not the English version. Fortunately, those who want to switch, maybe to learn another language, those people can use mods for that.