Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Admin reserved slot

Admin reserved slot

After a bit of server administration and running once into the issue, the lack of reserved slot for servers can really be hindering, if not worse when no admin can connect to a server having issues.

Reserved slot would be a good solution, but the changing nature of missions and number of slots available could lead to some problems.

I was thinking more to an always up "admin slot" for dedicated servers, requiring a special password set in configuration file, which would not give access to a player character slot, but only a camera spawned in the middle of the currently played map (or [0,0,0] if "middle of map" is too hard to code ), enabling a server admin to log in, chat with players and take appropriate actions if needed.

In an ideal world, one could even make a lil client application which would connect this way to a server, without having to launch the game itself, and give acces to the chat and inline commands
    Whisper / Kalbuth / MrK
    ex-OFrP member.
    ArmA3 / Planetside 2, member of MercenaryS
    Planetside / ET:QW / Tribes Ascend, member of Formido Clan

hi,
    My problem is the same as yours.
    Have you found a way to add reserved slot to your server ?
    thanks

would be interested in this. any solution?

What you could do is, add a special slot and kick the player who connected into this slot when he doesn't log in with the server password after some time, let's say 20 seconds, with some onscreen warnings.

There are ways to detect if a player has logged in as admin and there are ways to kick a player from the server with scripting.

Xeno

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
    What you could do is, add a special slot and kick the player who connected into this slot when he doesn't log in with the server password after some time, let's say 20 seconds, with some onscreen warnings.

There are ways to detect if a player has logged in as admin and there are ways to kick a player from the server with scripting.

Xeno
    So how do you do this?
    - Com. SP33D [1RTC]
    1St Royal Tactical Commandos
    www.The1RTC.com

You can look at doomi mission as xeno put it in a long time ago, i dont have the skills to explain how its done, but at the start of the
    i_client.sqf are the ability to reserve adminslot. Latest beta even have ability to reserve slots for clan-members related to their guid.
    Play pc:
    I7 2600K@4.6GHz
    2 x Nvidia gtx780-SLI
    Intel 160gb + 250gb ssd
    16gb DDR3 1600MHz ram
    win7 64
    ---------
    Dedi Server: (91.100.101.163)
    I7 4770K@4.3GHz
    Intel 250gb ssd sata3
    16gb DDR3 2100MHz ram
    win7 64

// GVAR(reserved_slot) gives you the ability to add a reserved slot for admins
    // if you don't log in when you've chosen the slot, you'll get kicked after ~20 once the intro ended
    // default is no check, example: GVAR(reserved_slot) = "RESCUE";
    GVAR(reserved_slot) = "";
    Xeno already has provided a example, the names can be found by clicking on units in editor.
    // GVAR(uid_reserved_slots) and GVAR(uids_for_reserved_slots) gives you the possibility to limit a slot
    // you have to add the var names of the units to GVAR(uid_reserved_slots) and in GVAR(uids_for_reserved_slots) the UIDs of valid players
    // GVAR(uid_reserved_slots) = ["alpha_1", "bravo_3"];
    // GVAR(uids_for_reserved_slots) = ["1234567", "7654321"];
    GVAR(uid_reserved_slots) = [];
    GVAR(uids_for_reserved_slots) = [];
    The above has a example done but the 1234567 will not work, put the guids of clan members in the quote marks. You can find out your guid in the bottom right in the profile screen. Note: You can not see other players so if you want to reserve for clan members then you will need to ask them theres.
    Last edited by Dirty Haz; Mar 24 2012 at 06:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    PHP Code:
    GVAR(reserved_slot) = "RESCUE";
    GVAR(uid_reserved_slots) = ["alpha_1""bravo_3"];
    GVAR(uids_for_reserved_slots) = ["1234567""7654321"]; 
    So i put this/these in the Init.sqf?

This seems quite useful. I've been around the block, and I've been on some of the more-full servers where a rule breaker was able to create a lot of havoc thanks to the server being full.
    Force is the best negotiator.

Remote acess via BERCon/Battleye can always be used for kick, ban, you can even chat/warn players without being on the server

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast