Sign in to follow this  
Flarmapoint 2

Articulated vehicles?

Hey Guys, well i was just wondering whether articulated vehicle addons are possible with arma 2.

So is it possible?

Thanks

F2

I think you misread my question th3flyboy :) aticulated vehicle has nothing to do with aircraft buddy :D

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

@soulassassin, thanks for the link, i didnt think my second question had been answered, the last time a read in there before it was unfairly locked, people were talking about my first request of gore. :)

3rd FACEPALM today, i'm sorry, I thought you meant articulate, as in detailed.....

I guess I must be losing it waiting for my copy of a2 to come in the mail...

You're not alone on that. Trying to download the demo as well, but the more I get the more the timer *increases* doe to vastly decreasing speed.

Blueteamguy you asked for it and received.

+1 WL for spamming the forums and postcount reduction by 10 for having the nerves to admit it.

All irrelevant posts has been removed, please stay on topic. :)

cheers W0lle. this is also something im interested in for the ProjectAus mod.

we are looking at implementing a trailer system, wont go into to much detail but yer. so if ne1 knows more about this would be sweet.

oh cool lol, didnt expect to see this thread again lol, would any of the new scripting commands allow for articualted vehicles? is the engine fiannly capable of supporting them?

VBS2 is using hardcoded version

through the attachto command which have more option than the one we have under arma 2.

(in arma 2 we only have 'solid' attachto)

in VBS2 you can give the attachto command to use articulated attachments, even rope type attachment between the two objects.

so it would need for the moment to use scripting to articulate two objects between them in arma 2 (unless BiS plan to improve the arma2 attach to command in operation arrowhead ? :))

I have tried to do a scripted solution which works great... on absolutely flat terrain. It wouldn't align properly on a hill and backing up only works if you don't do a too sharp turn, else the two vehicles will touch each other thus preventing you to move any further properly. I hate the third dimension. :D

You could use the LVS (logistic vehicle system) with the flatbed trailer as a test bed for this. It is a USMC supply vehicle based on the HEMTT but which articulates between the first four sets of tires and the back four sets of tires. The flatbed trailer adds yet another point of articulation.

It would be a great addition as a lot of the heavier loads are moved in this manner by the USMC.

mk48-16.jpg

The trailer attaches to the back end of the vehicle pictured above. It is a 'gooseneck' style trailer.

That would be pretty damn cool. Wouldn't you then in theory be able to transport like arty pieces and tanks?

That would be pretty damn cool. Wouldn't you then in theory be able to transport like arty pieces and tanks?

'Attach to' between the trailer and the tank/apc/bulldozer/whatever and I'm assuming it would be possible.

if you guys actualy bothered to read that forum thread youd see its not a script at all... its got to do with the GEO LOD's, and its major problem is that as soon as it goes out of the sight of a player it will stop working. however it seems a script could solve this problem.

'Attach to' between the trailer and the tank/apc/bulldozer/whatever and I'm assuming it would be possible.

attachto isnt dynamic though or am i wrong

in ACE2 there is the "towing rope" which you use to tow vehicles and i believe in its scripting it uses the attachto command. the outcome of this is that the towing rope is more like a metal pole between the two vehicles. if the towing vehicle turns to the right, the towed vehicle will turn at the same time as if it was a physical construct extending from the rear bumper of the first vehicle.

rhodesy i also saw that thread you were talking about by aps gnat that uses some hole and pin method. he made it possible in OFP, but never updated it to arma 2. so perhaps using the same method the same effect can be achieved in arma 2.

attachto isnt dynamic though or am i wrong

in ACE2 there is the "towing rope" which you use to tow vehicles and i believe in its scripting it uses the attachto command. the outcome of this is that the towing rope is more like a metal pole between the two vehicles. if the towing vehicle turns to the right, the towed vehicle will turn at the same time as if it was a physical construct extending from the rear bumper of the first vehicle.

rhodesy i also saw that thread you were talking about by aps gnat that uses some hole and pin method. he made it possible in OFP, but never updated it to arma 2. so perhaps using the same method the same effect can be achieved in arma 2.

Before you get jumped on for answering to something so old..:p

I'll put a link here to something that works pretty well. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18908&highlight=64N6E%2BRADAR