Sign in to follow this  
Ruckus

ACM Module Config question

I didn't want to open up a new thread just for a question about the Ambient Combat Module, but the other one was getting pretty long.

I want to just have the ACM spawn Russian Infantry. I've been able to get the ACM to spawn default ground patrols with the following code in the init module, however it spawns armor as well.

waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"}};
waitUntil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"};

//Sets frequency and number of patrols (0-1). BIS_ACM is module name
[1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc; 

//min max spawn distance
[bIS_ACM, 300, 600] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;

//factions to be spawned
[["RU"], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;

//Skill range for spawned units
[0, 0.6, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;

//Amount of ammo spawned units possess
[0.2, 0.5, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;

//Type of patrol. With 0 meaning no chance of appearing, and 1 meaning 100% chance. -1 removes patrol type completely.
["ground_patrol", 1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

["air_patrol", 0, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

I assume that I will have to use the following functions to get that to happen

but I'm not sure what the "Array of configs and / or Strings" means. I don't know where to get the CfgGroups or Strings from.

//You can pass both actual CfgGroups Config entries or class name Strings.
[<ACM reference | Object>, <types | Array of Configs and / or Strings>] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc;

//Passing an empty types Array will completely disable the custom database and switch back to the default.
[<ACM reference | Object>, <types | Array of Configs and / or Strings>] call BIS_ACM_removeGroupClassesFunc;

Can anyone show how I might just spawn infantry?

I would also like to know the answer to this, been trying to get the ACM to spawn specific groups for a few days now. Cant figure it out :(

//Passing an empty types Array will completely disable the custom database and switch back to the default. (list of allowed groups, taken from cfggroups)

[bIS_ACM, ["RU_InfSquad"]] call BIS_ACM_addGroupClassesFunc;

Will spawn only russian infantry squads look up the allowed groups to add more just add it between the Ammo and type of patrol commands seemed to do the trick for me

Edited by MagicDerek