Sign in to follow this  
Eagles092

Graphics Card

So I was looking at the req. specs and I have all of the req. except the graphics card, I only have a nvidia 6800 and I was wondering if it would be enough to run it on low settings. I also saw on some other sites that the req. were a nvidia 6800 or higher(like gamestops website i think). So if anyone knows please tell me.

Well all I know is that I am running ArmA2 with 2x8800GTS SLi with a Q6600 quad core, and I am running it on mostly low settings :( it still looks amazing but not as great as I thought.

I had to lower my setting mainly due to random crashes I was getting after about 30mins of play. So I am going to OC my cpu and see if I can get anything better, if not then I guess a new g-card is in order.

But to answer your question, I think you will be hard pushed to run ArmA2 on low settings, but I don't know the rest of your system, take the plunge, buy the game and find out :yay:

Well if I were to buy a new graphics card can anyone know a what the cheapest ones that will work?

Well i am using an EVGA 260 216 core and i run Arma 2 on maximum settings no problem.

To run Arma 2 i would look at a card around the £100 mark. A 9800gt, Ati 4850 would be good options.

As to why booga is using two 8800gts and he gets crap fps, i can only assume Arma2 is not SLI efficient.

£100 will get you a good card for your money. For top graphics you porb couldnt beat a 4870x2.

regards

Whisky

Well either the 8800's or 9800's versions from Nvidia seem to be working for arma2 with mid/low settings. But as most retailers will tell you, nothing can be guaranteed :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Well I remember seeing that XP doesnt like to run SLi that much as well and that is my OS, so that could also be the cause of some problems. I never said I get crap fps tho, infact mine is around the 30-50 mark most of the time even in the middle of battle. It just doesn't look as nice as it could do, but I'm about gameplay not about UBERLOOKS! and Arma 2 offers miles and miles gameplay :)

Hi Eagles...

I'm getting more than adequate performance and graphics quality out of a 8800GTS @ 1920x1200...

On a smaller monitor it would probably be even better...

However... I'm thinking of upgrading since I've got cash to spare... not that theres anything wrong with my card - its not that old and works perfectly...

Have you contemplated buying a used card???

Not that I'm volunteering to sell u mine, haha - but if you're OK with buyin a used one - check out eBay... you can pick up an 8800GTS 512mb for around £50-60 which will leave both 8 and 9 series GT cards standing...

theres lots of people selling perfectly good cards to upgrade to the latest ubermodel...

Worth a look if you want more bang for your buck...

B

Just wondering how many of you are actually using 2 graphics cards?