Hi, since there is no documentation available for this yet, lets help ourselves.

Here is a list of all the ppEffects I know so far. If anyone knows any effects not listed here, please share them with us.

"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [brightness, contrast, gamma, [R, G, B, multiplier], [R, G, B, multiplier], [R, G, B, multiplier]];

Cant give a more detailed description on the rgb-values, you'll have to play around with them a bit. First pair seems to add a tint, second is general colorbalance and the last pair is some sort of filter. But see for yourself.

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [blur];

Full screen blur

"radialBlur" ppEffectAdjust [blur_x,blur_y,start_x,start_y];

Blur with seperate x,y values, wich fades away at the center of the screen.

"filmGrain" ppEffectAdjust [strength, alpha, scale, blend-light, blend-dark, <boolean>no idea what this is for];

... well, cool for camera/Tv effects

"colorInversion" ppEffectAdjust [R, G, B];

name says it

"chromAberration" ppEffectAdjust [amount_x, amount_y ,<boolean> exponential ?];

this baby seems to shift the the color channels apart from each other, good for erm.... any sort of drug-effect.

"wetDistortion" ppEffectAdjust [?];

Water-effect

Thats that. Now as a goodie, I'll also post some ppEffect settings im using as examples. Should give you an idea of what is possible.

My favourite:

"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true; "chromAberration" ppEffectEnable true; "radialBlur" ppEffectEnable true;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0, [1.5,-1,-1.5,0.5], [5,3.5,-5,-0.5], [-3,5,-5,-0.5]]; "colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 1;
"chromAberration" ppEffectAdjust [0.01,0.01,true]; "chromAberration" ppEffectCommit 1;
"radialBlur" ppEffectAdjust [0.02,0.02,0.15,0.15]; "radialBlur" ppEffectCommit 1;

Turns your screen into an colorful infrared vision, blue=cold, yellow=hot... only that it doesn't actually show heat, it is still based on brightness but nevertheless it looks cool and with a bit of scripting an true IR-effect can also be achieved. We all know this, don't we ? Anyway its a bit of an change to the regular FLIRs out there :)

"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true; "filmGrain" ppEffectEnable true;
"filmGrain" ppEffectAdjust [0.1, -1, 0.1, 0.05, 2, false];  "filmGrain" ppEffectCommit 1; 
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.75, 0, [0.8,0.9,1,-0.1], [1,1,1,2], [-0.5,0,-1,5]]; "colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 1;

Stalker anyone ? This may need some adjustments, contrast is a bit too high. It adds a bit of grain and gives everything a reddish tint aswell as more contrast.

Now, go ahead surprise me, I wonder if there are any effects out there I've not yet came across. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tajin

Thaks Tajin

I already used it very successful in the past but I don´t know sth. about the array parts.

That´s a really great documentation!!! Thanks for it!!!

Kind regards,

Mr-Murray

high contrast postprocess added

//high contrast postprocess added
//sleep 0.01;
//"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.9, -0.002, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [1.0, 0.6, 0.4, 0.6],  [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];  "colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;  "colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;

Blue color corrections added (movie night style)

// Blue color corrections added (movie night style)
//sleep 0.01;
//"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.6, 0.6, 1.8, 0.7],  [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];  "colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 1;  "colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;

//color corrections
//	sleep 0.01;
//	"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.8, -0.002, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.65],  [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];  "colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;  "colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;

Does anyone know how i can get the standard effect back?

Want to cancel the IR but i can't do that ^^

EDIT: Found out:

"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable false; "chromAberration" ppEffectEnable false; "radialBlur" ppEffectEnable false;

Edited by Cyborg11

or:

ppEffectDestroy _ppColor;

assuming you assigned the effect the variablename _ppColor in the first place like so:

_ppColor = ppEffectCreate ["ColorCorrections", 1999];

added "wetDistortion" to the list, parameters will be added later

Maybe I'm stupid, but i can't get the "dynamic blur" working. Could someone explain me step by step how to use it? :yay: Thanks in advance!

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectEnable true; "dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [5]; "dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 1;

Should make your world very blurry.

Has anyone been able to figure out what the arguments are for wetDistortion?

Edit: I found an example of it in the BIS scripts, but can't seem to get it actually do anything, no matter what I change the numbers too:

"wetDistortion" ppEffectEnable true;
"wetDistortion" ppEffectAdjust [0.5, 0, 0, 4.1, 3.7, 2.5, 1.85, 0.0051, 0.0051, 0.0051, 0.0051, 0.5, 0.3, 10, 6.0];
"wetDistortion" ppEffectCommit 0;

"wetDistortion" ppEffectAdjust [0.5, _effectPower, _effectPower, 4.1, 3.7, 2.5, 1.85, 0.0051, 0.0051, 0.0051, 0.0051, 0.5, 0.3, 10, 6.0];
"wetDistortion" ppEffectCommit 5;

The two zeros in ppEffectAdjust are "effect power" apparently, so they probably need to be non-zero for the effect to happen, but I can't quite get it to show up.

Double Edit: You need to have your post-processing option in Video Options set to at least "Low" to see this one, but the code above does work - replace _effectPower with 5 and try it out!

Edited by Lor

Thanks Lor, maybe we can work out what the specific values are for.

I've been playing around with it for a while - here's what I have so far:

"wetDistortion" ppEffectAdjust [

strength of sharpen edges/blur effect

Strength of effect at TOP of screen

Strength of effect at BOTTOM of screen

Speed of left-right wobble

??

Speed of up-down wobble

??

Amount of left-right wobble

??

Amount of up-down wobble

??

Strength of weird frosted-glass effect (0 = off)

??

??

??

]

Thank you very much for the explanations and examples, really looking good and really adds to the atmosphere.

But what about the ppEffectCommit command. It doesn't seem to work here. Is it just me or can some one confirm a problem?

Here's what I tried, simple enough:

"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.8, -0.002, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.65], [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 12;

It switched perfecly into the new color setting (one of the above samples) but it does it immediately and not progressivly in the time of 12 seconds! Probably I am doing something wrong, but don't know what, yet. :rolleyes:

EDIT: sorry, guys. I got it working now:

_ppColorC = ppEffectCreate ["colorCorrections", 0];
_ppColorC ppEffectEnable true;
_ppColorC ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.8, -0.002, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.65], [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];
_ppColorC ppEffectCommit 20;

Edited by BadAss [Mapfact.net]
Solution found

OK, how do i add this to, say... "Armory" or user made mission like "Chiper"? Or anywhere else?

Have been looking for this since release of arma 2 :-)

EDIT:

Ok i solved it for the mission "Cipher"! Here comes a short dummy explenation for anyone who wants to try it and are not as bright as the one posted before me...

Unpack Ciphers PBO and open the file "init.sqf" in notepad. Add the lines:

"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.9, -0.002, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.6, 0.6, 1.8, 0.7], [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];

"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 1; "colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;

anywhere in the file and save, then repack the folder to a PBO again...

This will give the nice cold blue touch to the game!

Edited by ThaSundancekid

OFP1 gamma :))

"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.6, 1.4, 0.6, 0.7],  [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];  "colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 1;  "colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;

5pURA6oRTh.jpg

Golden autumn

JUZrFoWShM.jpg

"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [1.8, 1.8, 0.3, 0.7],  [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];  "colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;  "colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;

Cool! Nice filters.

Big problem is lack of documentation about parameters. So we have to playing with this blindly.

I've created mission which allows you to play with colorCorrection filter (using sliders to find interesting values):

colorCorrection viewer mission

Usage:

-run the mission

-call proper radio

-click "enable" button

-move sliders and find interesting filter

->on hint you will see current parametrs (you can also save them in arma2.rpt file via proper button)

-remember than most of the combination are black, so don't give in if you don't see anything - maybe start with values which were posted above

Some screenshots:

OFP:DR filter:

arma2exe11.th.jpg

hell filter:

arma2exe8.th.jpg

other:

arma2exe7.th.jpg

Unfortunatelly documentation for colorCorrection filter is insufficient so propably ranges of values aren't correct.

Przemek_kondor thats a fantastic example mission! Think about what would have happened to Arma 2 usermissions if it was released in the 60's:P

EDIT: no sarcasm intended!!

Cool! Nice filters.

Big problem is lack of documentation about parameters. So we have to playing with this blindly.

You must missed this :

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Post_process_effects

which i posted about here in this sticky

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1432743

and also there in this sticky

or still missing something? specify what more You want to know and need why :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1433456&postcount=7

Parameter Meaning Typ Range

par0 brightness float [0,1]

par1 contrast float

par2 offset float

par3 - par6 blend color (R,G,B,A) float

par7 - par10 colorize color (R,G,B,A) float

par11 - par14 colorize color (R,G,B,A) float

I didn't miss that, but:

-what are ranges for other parameters than brightness (now I'm using [-5, 5] but most of them propably use [0,1] but I don't know)

-what is final color equation? We can assign some values to those parameters, but we don't know what we should expect

What I noticed is only something like:

[finalColorR + A1*R1, finalColorG + A1*G1, finalColorB + A1*B1] but dunno what about second and third rgba arrays.

The description "colorize color" is too brief (at least for me).

First thing I thoug was something like:

finalColor = [R1*R2 + (1-R1)*R3, G1*G2 + (1-G1)*G3, B1*B2 + (1-B1)*B3, A1*A2 + (1-A1)*A3]

but I's not proper equation

Edited by Przemek_kondor

How do i set this code lines and where , in game icon properties (don`t think so)? Any help in installation ?:)

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectEnable true; "dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [5]; "dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 1;

Should make your world very blurry.

I got a funky idea to add this in a mission where players start as "drunk" and they need to get to a heap of backpacks to get some coffee.

The addAction in there makes them sober again ("ppEffectEnable false").

However... as people never read briefings, my friend was puzzled by the effect and managed to disable it with headbob key :confused:

How the hell could I prevent a player from doing that?

Possibly impossible but if anyone has ideas I'd be grateful. It fucks up my whole idea in it.

:(