Sign in to follow this  

Hi! I'm just wondering, is there any way to get the helis to transport some troops to an area, unload them and head back to base?

And how do I get the soldiers to eject from a heli or a plane??

Just use the Load/Unload order in the waypoints menu. If you want a group to start in the heli and then drop them off in the mission area, write this in the init field of the unit/group you want to be dropped:

{_x moveincargo (put in here the name of the heli)} foreach units group this;

Then you place an Unload waypoint for the heli and a Getout waypoint for the unit/group on the map and synchronize them. Should work. ;)

If you want to eject units from a plane you can use the following script:

_aunits = units (name of the groupleader)
_i = 0
_j = count _aunits

#Start
(_aunits select _i) action ["EJECT",(name of the plane)];
unassignvehicle (_aunits select _i);
_i=_i+1;
~0.5
?_j>_i:goto "Start";

exit;

Always try to use SQF. SQS was old as soon as it hit ArmA1, it should be phased out by ArmA2.

{
_x action ["EJECT",vehicle _x];
unassignvehicle _x;
sleep 0.5;
} foreach units GROUPLEADER;

Just so you know if the units being moved to the cargo of the helicopter are players there may be times where 2 units move to the same slot and that causes issues. If mission is solo dont worry about it but for online compatibility it might be best to use

unitname moveincargo [helo,1]

1 being the 2nd cago slot and of course 0 is the 1st. do that in every units init line changing the cargo slot number (cargoindex)http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/moveInCargo

How come these 2 specific questions pop up over and over and over again.

Use the search-function damnit !

Oh and use assignAsCargo along with moveInCargo to avoid problems.

I'm having a small problem, I'm trying to create an amphibious assault scenario so far all of my units spawn in the their transports and the boats drive towards the beach for about 2 meters before retreating because they are being shot at by MG positions. Is there some script that will make my boat crews ridiculously brave so they can load their troops I can put in?

The UH-1Y lands however only i actually get out of the chopper, my squad seems to stay in the UH-1Y? I am thinking this may be because the waypoint is only effecting me however im not sure. The rest of the squad doesnt get out in the above examples either

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

When the AI is the team leader and not a player they all get out :( So im not sure what to do? Script it so they are forced to get out? And if i should do that then how exactly?

Edited by Brute

You as the group leader have the responsibility to order them to get out.

Push ~, then 4-1 (while in game by the way), should do the trick if my memory serves me right; this will order all units in your group to disembark.

If you wanted to automate it, simply run eject.sqf from this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1333949&postcount=7

Syntax;

_xhandle = [group player, vehicle player] execvm "eject.sqf"

Place in the way point for the get out or transport unload.

Edited by Rommel

Problem is no matter what you do they stay in.

my example: I have units moved into a chopper (tried assigning as well) then the choppers goes to a drop off point (waypoint = unload transport) yet your guys will not unload/getout even after telling them to do so, eject doesn't work as well.

Now if the Team Leader is a AI it works fine.

EDIT: ok here is how I fixed my problem. I had the chopper locked, as soon as I unlocked/default it everything works fine. I was able to tell my guys to get out.

Edited by CodeRedFox