Sign in to follow this  
Rooivalk

Transportation

Hello

Firstly, my full apologies if this is in the incorrect forum.

My question: (Multiplayer) Will transporting fellow soldiers from point A to point B give the pilot points?

Thanks a lot,

-Rooivalk

Welcome to the boards!

Nope, though it could probably be scripted so that it does, not sure about that.

But...winning is a team effort anyway, there are always people that won't get points for helping the team, and while I certainly can't speak for everyone, helping the team is more than enough gratification for me personally (not as a pilot, but a medic that concentrates on keeping his guys alive). Playing for scores is a mindset that a lot of people in this genre don't really adhere to.

If the mission maker decides to make up such a system, yes. By default, no.

While there is a scoreboard, in my experience it's hardly ever used. And if it is looked at, it's usually just to check who is still alive in a co-op game.

Ah ok. Thanks a lot for the answers!

The last 'reality' game I had was Project Reality, a mod for Battefield 2, in which such a system was put in place.

You have some missions with rankings where you earn points for healing and fixing vehicles and god knows what.

This is ARMA - welcome! - We have the power in our hands with the built in mission editor. The very same editor BIS made the campaign and all SP/MP missions with. Together with scripting we can make what the heck we want. You can make a game where you sit on cows with mounted MG's chasing eachother and who ever scores a shot get an icecream.

Ok bad example - but very doable. :)

We need new brains in the community to come up with exciting new gamemodes and missions. Start thinking stuff up and go learn the editor! ;)

Alex