Sign in to follow this  
JaKe.OnE

Anti-Cheat for ArmA 2?

What is BIS doing against cheaters in MP?

In fact, there is already a hack available due to injection, and I suppose they will use it on our server, too. :mad:

--Jake

Soon or later will be BattleEye or maybe other surprise :D

yes Indeed :D

BattlEye (possibly, hopefully) should be able to deal with DLL injection cheats in future. Modded PBOs can be dealt with through signature verification. :)

Soon or later will be BattleEye or maybe other surprise :D

sooner or later we'll get ppl with unlimited javelin, raping spawns from 10 kilometers, just like currently in ArmA1 ;)

Only saw cheats like a year ago or so in ArmA. Trusted servers for da win.

What can they do with injection cheats? 'Only' cheat and cause havoc, take full control (go admin), or gain access to files on the server? We'll probably have to lock the server down though for good until some tools arrive.

Battleye?!

Sry too say but I hope there will be a better system like this. We have huge problems with BE and timeouts.

The system itself works fine, yea, but when the players are getting in trouble, it is not useful for us.

And it seems there are no netcodes fixed, so I see generally no long life time for a big player base.

If BE fixes these aggressive check for connection issues, it would be much better.

Our mission (Sahrani Life, and in a few days Chernarus Life) need a strong cpu, and players even with a low ping of 15-50 have connections issues. And when some players try to join, you can just sh*t on the performance.

I ahev no idea about scripting and anything else, but I can say the old BE for ArmA 1 was not the solution the Community had prayed for...

Well perhaps if sales are good enough, and multiplayer is in high demand, BI would license SteamWorks and bind all release versions of the game to Steam enabling VAC like Epic, Tripwire, and others.

With VAC anyone caught cheating gets perma-banned at the master server which keeps things very clean. While new cheats do appear and take time to add to VAC, overall it does a spectacular job.

:butbut:

bump don't need to know what they are doing to battle it, but just that they are expecting to have a solution(way to many servers are being hacked)

What can they do with injection cheats? 'Only' cheat and cause havoc, take full control (go admin), or gain access to files on the server? We'll probably have to lock the server down though for good until some tools arrive.

Depends how connections are set up, and what's stored on the server. Most games can be hacked initially by changing variables in the computers memory (You could do this in bf2142 to kick commander, for example)

A anti hack/cheat guard is needed but nothing steam bound please ( as its annoying =p ) most Mp only games ( looking at games like perfect world) have something called hack shield maybe it could get converted somehow to work on this too? or have some auto scan wich detetcs abnormalities ( like in inventory a player with unlimited javelins) can get banned.. from Mp for lets say 2 days or something

So, who know, when BattlEye will start defend us from cheaters in corpore? 1.05?