POTS

Who got crossfire to work?

Getting crossfire to work...  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Getting crossfire to work...

• Yes, it works
    • No, cant get it to work
    • Have not tried, but have crossfire capability

This is a troubleshooting thread on who got crossfire to work, who didn't, and how did you do it. If you voted yes on the poll, then post how you did it. :yay:

I had to add -winxp to get it to work on my 4870x2 re-naming the exe didn't work for me.

This is a troubleshooting thread on who got crossfire to work, who didn't, and how did you do it. If you voted yes on the poll, then post how you did it. :yay:

I have done nothing special but my 2 x hd4870x2's are working fine in quad crossfire. everything set to very high 1920x1200x32.

I have done nothing special but my 2 x hd4870x2's are working fine in quad crossfire. everything set to very high 1920x1200x32.

I have a quadcore 9650 @3,60 with HD 4870x2 too.

My fps (all set very high), fillrate 125% at 1440x900x32 are always 60 capped in open space.

But in towns fps drops between 45-60. Never under 45..

i have renamed original exe to Fear.exe.

What's your performance in fps in towns?

Cheers

Not benchmarked this game yet but My Rig averages around 105 FPS in Ultra high everything in Farcry 2 and over 25,000 in Vantage 3D 2008.

26,000 in 3Dmark '06.

I7 920 quadcore @3.8ghz.

2 off HD4870X2's (4 x GPU's) in Quad crossfire.

6 GB corsair 1866mhz triple

Rampage II Extreme X58 Motherboard.

Fatal1ty Pro extreme 64mb X-fi

By the way, where is the benchamarking Exe for this game?

Edited by CapBadge
Added a question.

I've added -winxp for my 4870x2 which enabled crossfire (ArmA 2 v1.00/v1.01/v1.02, catalyst 9.6).

I've added -winxp for my 4870x2 which enabled crossfire (ArmA 2 v1.00/v1.01/v1.02, catalyst 9.6).

What O/S are you using?

Quadfire,(4870x2's) on Vista and Win7 with the -winxp flag. Use crysis.exe to limit the over reaction of HDR/Bloom. playable game for "testing" with 200%fill and all VH except Low on the motion Blur. 1600/1200 100hz refresh (crt). 3.8ghz i7. the strobing on starts settles down, have to wait a bit for it to all sink up. using 16 and 32 hdr in cfg.

Same for me 4870X2 and the flag -winxp get the Crossfire to work properly.

x kklownboy: Are you sure that renaming the .exe to crysis.exe resolve that problem?

yes. arma2.exe is verydark too light, where as crysis.exe is ~ good. easy to test, make two shortcuts.

Got good results here renaming arma2.exe to fear.exe (Ati drivers)

Got good results here renaming arma2.exe to fear.exe (Ati drivers)
what you will find is that certain renamed .exe's have different texture issues and or HDR issues. good to try a few, and try newer .exe, like fear2, and farcry2 ect.

On the renaming thing, do you think that renaming to a more related game would give better results? Like, renaming to a flight sim, because arma is a combat sim.

yes. arma2.exe is verydark too light, where as crysis.exe is ~ good. easy to test, make two shortcuts.

Thanks i will try.

If someone make other test will be good that report the results :)

do you have to rename the exe itself or just the shortcut?

The .exe need to be renamed.

got quadfire 4870x2's and did many tests with that arma2mark benchmark. the winner?

pure: arma2.exe

arma2.exe -winxp, crysis.exe -winxp fear.exe -winxp and fear.exe did all do worse than arma2.exe alone to me :butbut:

only thing -winxp did to me was making the hdr go TOTALY nuts. while non-xp its very good.

odd.

Vista 64

i have a 4870X2 on a Asus M3A32 with Phenom 9550

and it works both gpu´s with the winxp command,

but i have only 20-30 FPS

the gpu´s only work with 30-40%

not working by me!!!!!!!!

I have an 4870 X2 & a Q9650, crossfire "works" in so far as the logo appears and both gpus are active, but i am getting performance that is sub par even for only 1 CPU, FPs in the region of 10 - 15 on average detail. So clearly crossfire isnt working in real terms and there is a serious issue with at least the 4870's series if not more.

Quadfire,(4870x2's) on Vista and Win7 with the -winxp flag. Use crysis.exe to limit the over reaction of HDR/Bloom. playable game for "testing" with 200%fill and all VH except Low on the motion Blur. 1600/1200 100hz refresh (crt). 3.8ghz i7. the strobing on starts settles down, have to wait a bit for it to all sink up. using 16 and 32 hdr in cfg.

Just for a few that may seem a little confused about the GFX cards.

A HD4870X2 is a single card with 2 GPU's automatically configured in crossfire.

2 HD4870X2's are 2 cards with 4 GPU's in total hence 'Quad crossfire'.(my system).

(4 Graphics cards essentially).

4 gb 0f DDR5 (1gb per processor).

So, does renaming the arma2.exe to crysis.exe actually do something then?

I just installed my 4870X2 on Sunday and spent the better part of today fiddling with it.

I got crossfire to run by turning AI to high and flip queue to 3 and now get more than 40 -70fps in editor mode, 140+fps looking at the sky.

Before that, I tried all kinds of stuff like renaming the exe to crysis 1&2, farcry 1&2, fear etc... but settled on arma2 because I couldn't see a difference with fear or the other exes.

For me AI has to be high or crossfire doesn't work. Flipping through the other options had little effect. I tested to see if both GPU's were active with GPU-Z 3.4 (free from guru3d) and both posted a 99% activity rate. Before, one was at 99 and the other was at 14%.

One GPU does seem to heat 25-30% more than the other.

ingamesettings.th.png

gpuzz.th.jpg