POTS

Who got crossfire to work?

Getting crossfire to work...  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Getting crossfire to work...

• Yes, it works
    • No, cant get it to work
    • Have not tried, but have crossfire capability

Sorry if this has been covered, but has anyone got this working with the Steam version?

Sorry if this has been covered, but has anyone got this working with the Steam version?
CF? yes. It works in every version and all window OSes. The wacky bloom can be fixed by using Crysis.exe. that would be renaming the arma2.exe.

On a side note i am finding xp64 to be my fav OS for arma2. and vsync can be toggled in the CCC !

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Also added -winxp to command line.

... my performance boomed from 30FPS/AVG

to over 60FPS/AVG with all Setting on MAX.

vista and win7 need the -winxp flag. Good job on doubling your frames! another happy CF user.

Win7 doesn't need the flag for my part. From the previous ATI betadrivers I got xfire automatically, and the -winxp flag does nothing for me. Anyways, it doesn't matter much if you have xfire running or not as Arma2 doesn't support multi-gpu (very well) anyways.

yeah if you us the -winxp flag now with arma2.exe in ANY OS it will break CF.

There was a study that some gaming website did that proved both SLI and crossfire have no improvement at all between 1 gpu or 2 gpu's for ARMA2..there is no benefit, period.

I don't know where the thread is now but the study was very thorough.

There was a study that some gaming website did that proved both SLI and crossfire have no improvement at all between 1 gpu or 2 gpu's for ARMA2..there is no benefit, period.

I'd like to see link for that.

its the "review" from [H]. they used win7,http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/08/10/arma_ii_gameplay_performance_image_quality/.

Its not what i get when i use there setup... I get a big boost from CFX... so unless you have it(CF ability) then its really lame to post it doesn't work .cjsoques The difference from high filters ,high rez, good frames to having to lower them when you turn off CF.. is absolutely evident. And then again its a SP mission from the devs, which like the campaign is not what happens in most usermade missions... its odd that way, this game, more units, more players and better frames from usermade missions...

Edited by kklownboy

its the "review" from [H]. they used win7,http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/08/10/arma_ii_gameplay_performance_image_quality/.

Its not what i get when i use there setup... I get a big boost from CFX

I have crossfire working in ARMA2 with both windows 7 & Vista.

Working is a loose term though, it makes absolutely no difference to the benchmarking scores in game.

From my point of view at least, I completely agree with the article and am going to hock off my 2 graphics cards and do what I should of done in the first place and buy a decent single card.

What's the current status of crossfire for arma2?

I'm thinking of buying a second 4850_1gb. The only game i play is arma2. (cpu is c2q9550@3.6ghz, chipset is p45, resolution 1920x1200)

What's the current status of crossfire for arma2?

I'm thinking of buying a second 4850_1gb. The only game i play is arma2. (cpu is c2q9550@3.6ghz, chipset is p45, resolution 1920x1200)

Crossfire has always worked, since A1 was 1.0.There was workarounds here and there, but as of now the 9.8/9.9Cats and soon to be 9.10(oct_22nd) all work with the regular arma2.exe. I run quadfire(2x4870X2's) when in vista or win7 and Crossfire when in XP ( xp doesnt support quadfire) CF or CFX doubles my framerate~. I can pull out a card and get half of what i had.

crossfire works for me. and it improves fps greatly. On main menu with camera going all over the carrier and what not my fps has never dropped below 50 on that scene (all max settings 1920x1200). If i turn off a card it has dropped to 35 maybe less (same settings)

I don't get any higher FPS with crossfire (in only uses about 30% on each GPU) but I get less stuttering/FPS drops when running it in crossfire.

I don't get any higher FPS with crossfire (in only uses about 30% on each GPU) but I get less stuttering/FPS drops when running it in crossfire.

you may well be CPU limited. When i log my GPUs "usage" using Everest, or GPUz, i get up to 98%on all, but it moves around, some will be 40% while one will be 70% with the other two at 90%, this is on 5sec reads, and i log for hours at a time, even get -1% on any of them (i think its going into map/2dmode) But you cant Alt-TAB out to see your usage, it will drop too fast. You have to log, and i have even seen the LCD LogiKeyboard G15 software show it different..wasn't a Everest app tho. Anyways if CF isn't giving you more FPS then its not working OR your CPU limited.

I have a Q9550 or something at 2.7Ghz with a dual screen and put GPUz up on the second screen to check it.

I'm running at 1680x1050 with normal on all settings and 2-2.5km VD. I believe the stuttering is from accessing the disk. If I increase either quality or VD I get more stuttering so I'm waiting for an SSD disk to see if it improves. I get FPS anywhere from 60 (vsync on) to ~30 normally, but the stuttering drops it to ~1-10 and the GPU usage drops as well so all things points to texture-loading.

It annoys the fcuk out of me that they can't compile this in 64-bits. It's not like it's new technology and when you look at the ridiculous amounts of RAM it requires, why not allow >2GB?

I have a Q9550 or something at 2.7Ghz with a dual screen and put GPUz up on the second screen to check it.

I'm running at 1680x1050 with normal on all settings and 2-2.5km VD. I believe the stuttering is from accessing the disk. If I increase either quality or VD I get more stuttering so I'm waiting for an SSD disk to see if it improves. I get FPS anywhere from 60 (vsync on) to ~30 normally, but the stuttering drops it to ~1-10 and the GPU usage drops as well so all things points to texture-loading.

It annoys the fcuk out of me that they can't compile this in 64-bits. It's not like it's new technology and when you look at the ridiculous amounts of RAM it requires, why not allow >2GB?

so you play in window mode? i don't think you can dual screen and get crossfire, I do KNOW you cant use window mode and have CF. As for the stutter, If you use the 59210 beta, add the;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead="";

GPU_MaxFramesAhead="";

Then set/try different values, 1,2,3. I use;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead="1";

GPU_MaxFramesAhead="1";

My command line is;

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash -maxmem=2047

Edited by kklownboy

Well, dual was wrong terminology - it's extended desktop. I don't run it in window mode and I get the crossfire logo up if I enable crossfire and the logo.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll test it. I can play on 20fps as long as it's stable. All I want is VD.

Btw, isn't maxmem pretty much proven to be moot?

well with proper mods you can see tanks and stuff at 1500m with lower VD. I find 2500 more than enough VD for ground game but more is nice, but its a performance killer. After 3800 or 4000~ your texture details will lower automatically anyways... When a full on stutter happens i usually do a 360* turn to absorb the gfx. It is only in the big citys that it can happen, and only with 19/12 rez. The new 9.10s seem to be the best ATi driver yet. What vid cards do you have?

Edited by kklownboy

I think it is working with the newest drivers

Catalyst Software Suite 91.6 MB 11.1 1/26/2011

I can't tell for sure what is happening but the game is very smooth at 1920 x 1080 and settings at high to very high. aa at normal.

I could not run this setting with one card.

xfx hd 6870 cards.

win 7 x64

Update: I think something is helping but it sure isn't what crossfire should be I see a small improvment in fps. Not worth the price of a new card. Crossfire is just a way to sell more cards. Should have saved money and purchaced one better card. SLI and Crossfire are not supported like they should be it has been out long enough to fix the bugs but there are way too many problems, stay away from multiple cards! If someone has a different opinion, I would like to here it.

Edited by BigToe

No good with the 11.1 drivers after much testing and tweeking the drivers just don't run correctly. White flashes when running 1920X1080, drop to 88% and less corruption. Back to 10.12 drivers and no more problems. But still not running like crossfire should. Game still rocks, I guess I should accept the fact that I will not run this game at full specs no matter what. I don't have enough money.:rolleyes:

Edited by BigToe

I quit the crossfire game I just returned the second card. I will wait a year and get a better card this crossfire thing is too much of a hassle.

Hi all,

I had put this game away with the flickering issue.Got a q9650 and ati 4870x2 and by chance happened upon this post and whoopee got crossfire to work for me.Renamed to crysis.exe and flickering stops in intro after about 5 seconds...confirmed crossfire is working with ati tray tools on screen display.Both gpu are at 99.99% workload,second gpu temps a bit lower and high fps also...maybe i will play the new expansion packs:)

Thanks to all concerned:)

ps...using win xp..cat 10.12

Edited by 68viper

I think it is working with the newest drivers

Catalyst Software Suite 91.6 MB 11.1 1/26/2011

I can't tell for sure what is happening but the game is very smooth at 1920 x 1080 and settings at high to very high. aa at normal.

I could not run this setting with one card.

xfx hd 6870 cards.

win 7 x64

i should be able to run those settings with one card i can du it with one 5870 so you can with 6870 i hope. but my second gpu is at 0% activity