Sign in to follow this  
SlipperyJim

Arma 1 abandoned?

So far they have released several patches and dedicated server files for Arma 2. Still no word on Arma 1's final patch.

In due time I'm sure they will finish atleast the .16 build.

Small team having hands full with ArmAII release I expect us to wait until autumn before we see them focus on us in here again.

BIS may suck at times, release all kinda mayhem - bet they'll never give up on us.

In my opinion ArmA2 is the priority now. They need to fix all the bugs in ArmA2.

after all is fixed they might go back and improve beaucoup ArmA1 as they did before.

In my opinion ArmA2 is the priority now. They need to fix all the bugs in ArmA2.

I completely disagree. They need to finish Arma 1 before expecting their customers to give them more money. Arma 1 is probably still more bug ridden then Arma 2.

Arma1 was a failure, they should put all theirs efforts on Arma2; they need a lots of sales, so a game with a good reputation, and less bugs as possible.

commercially, Arma2 has a great potential, arma1 is already dead.:p

Do the bugs in Arma1 stop you from progressing in single player?

Arma1 was a failure, they should put all theirs efforts on Arma2; they need a lots of sales, so a game with a good reputation, and less bugs as possible.

reading your own signature again :cool:

Personally, I really liked ArmA. I don't think it was ideal, but I had a lot of fun with it.. a lot of fun. It certainly wasn't as dismal as some other games that come out half baked.

ARMA I was a great release. Sure it had bugs that made us want to smash things (some of us did) but nothing is ever perfect.

ArmA II is a good step forward, it maybe time to retire ArmA I.

Hi, the ArmA in terms of "popularity" and players dedication may be dieing, but they gonna

have a very very hard time fixing all the bugs in the ArmA2, rightnow seems that almost

all the models have at least one bug, even those directly present already in the ArmA have

there more bugs than here; so yeah, the ArmA is dead. Let's C ya

I hope they'll stop fixing bugs on Armed Assault after 1.16 final release, this thing is dead.

They should concentrate on ArmA2.

it's a "pity" now that Arma 1 is complete or almost complete with all major bugs fixed and when is really enjoyable , it comes a new game with all the fixing work ahead. For now and as i usually don't buy a whole new computer just to play a game ( and until y try Arma II demo to see if it runs on my rig) i will keep playing and enjoying good old arma 1

Arma will live on just like OFP still does. But with Arma 2 i see whole new life as if not all or most of the addons that were created for Arma can easily be imported and used in Arma 2 which is awesome :)

For now and as i usually don't buy a whole new computer just to play a game ( and until y try Arma II demo to see if it runs on my rig) i will keep playing and enjoying good old arma 1

Concerning the performances, ArmA2 does run as well as Armed Assault on my computer with better graphics, and i think there still lot of room for optimisation. If you loved Armed Assault you don't have to wait the demo. :)

Edited by dunedain

They should put all theirs efforts on Arma2; they need a lots of sales, so a game with a good reputation, and less bugs as possible.

I dont think ArmA1 was that bad, but I completely agree with the rest. ArmA2 is just so much more fun. Staying with A1 is like having a CRT monitor nowadays.

From some of the complaints I've been hearing I think I'll stick with Arma for awhile. This from XENO:

"One reason is my sh**** hardware the other is that most of my "Clan" friends (we have about 30 "Clan" members) don't play A2 anymore because of the many bugs that A2 still has, even after 4 patches. As an example those with a Core i7 have massive stability problems although we internally tried everything what we could, but they still crash like every 5 minutes. That's the most frustrating part, specially in MP, and I can fully understand that they don't want to play A2 anymore. But they are not the only ones, others have constantly CTDs too or are fighting against massive frame rate drops in MP (cities for example are really frame rate suckers but frame rates in MP seem to be reduced by the engine)... I know, there are people that have absolutely no problems with an i7 but there are others, specially those with Vista 64 that can't play the game at all. If we start a mission and get into the briefing those with a Core i7 get an immediate CTD. Funny, isn't it ?

Seems that the combination Vista 64/A2/i7 wasn't tested at all. Though Vista 64 was released allready some time ago."

Hearing things like this from someone I have massive amounts of respect for, I take it as Gospel. Some of the best add-ons are just coming online for Arma. I'd like to think of this as Arma's Golden Age.

I have ArmA 2 but I'm not abandoning ArmA 1 just because of that. Both are great games. ArmA 2 needs a bit more patching but it'll get there. The only reason I'd abandon ArmA 1 is if the content gets ported to 2.

after all is fixed they might go back and improve beaucoup ArmA1 as they did before.

I can't help myself to be negative, sorry for that, but as they did before?

I don't think i am mistaken when i say that they never went back to the previous games after a new one was released.

Or did they continued on improving it or releasing patches for OFP:R after Elite or ArmA1 was out? I don't think so.

I am afraid it will be the same with ArmA1 - there won't be any further development, the only thing they will probably do, is to take the patch 1.16beta and release it as 1.16final.

I wish it would be different.

I really hope they would still continue fixing ArmA1 (and not only fixing bugs in code, but also improving it. The pathfinding, the lying in middle of the street when in danger, the inability to use cover, the terrible AI drivers, and many other things), but i do not believe they will, because now they got a new toy to play with - ArmA2.

And i have to admit the ONLY reason, why i wish BIS would continue the development of ArmA1, is because i can't run ArmA2.

If i could buy a laptop able to run ArmA2 at 40 FPS minimum, then i wouldn't be even reading this discussion, but already playing ArmA2 instead.

I don't see why it would be a bad thing to bring out new patches for Arma I. For all we know there are people that would prefer Arma I over Arma II. They paid for the game so I think it would only be fair to still support Arma I. Its just my opinion however and whatever they choose to do I will support them.

I loved Arma I btw and I think it is a brilliant game. In afr I would say

Julle is Draatsitters :P

Arma 2 is Arma 1 1.17 :P You must buy this latest "patch".

They paid for the game so I think it would only be fair to still support Arma I.

They paid for the game, and got 10 patches. Or is that not enough?

They paid for the game, and got 10 patches. Or is that not enough?

Dude I'm not looking to start a flame or anything.. I was just giving an opinion. I was not asking for another patch. I already started with ARMA II, but if there are still some guys that feels a patch is needed then I was merely suggesting a why not. After that I also said "whatever they choose to do I will support them".

right now there are more people looking at the OFP subforum than the Arma 1 subforum lol