Sign in to follow this  
fopa

Multiplayer Connecting failed

Hi All,

Just purchased the game, installed np, game runs fine. However i get the error message Connecting failed when i try to join a server. I have had a look through the manual for suggested ports but could not find anything.

I have a 20mb connection with a linksys router, no firewall blockages etc, so could somebody provide me with port information.

Also, would i be right in saying there is no MP patch available yet?

TIA

A simple search would have returned the results! Read the forum rules.

Anyway, here you go.

Forward ports 53, 80, 88, 2302, 2304, 2305, 2306, 2074, 3074.

If you are having problem after this, launch cmd.exe and type:

'netsh winsock reset'

Restart your PC, should be ok after this.

Edited by nedley

Maybe you are trying to join a german server running the "old" 1.01 version of arma?

Edit: The european version is already 1.01 :)

Edited by telejunky

Thankyou for your suggestion, and your very warm welcome to the forum. I did manage to find this myself, but i did not have time to post due to work commitments.

The following worked perfectly, without all the ports listed above!

ports.jpg

You should definitely verify that versions match, or else obviously stuff won't work. Or are we unable to see servers of different versions on the browser in the firstplace?

Hello all

This can also be caused by joining games with mods that are disallowed and custom faces for example.

I get various "feedback" from Arma, from the ever helpful "you were Kicked" to the failed to connect.

Using the default German game with no mods etc clears up 90pc of these issues.

Obviously, try this in conjuntion with the other suggestions, just wanted to say its not always port forwarding, although it often is, if you see what I mean :)

rgds

LoK

A simple search would have returned the results! Read the forum rules.

Anyway, here you go.

Forward ports 53, 80, 88, 2302, 2304, 2305, 2306, 2074, 3074.

If you are having problem after this, launch cmd.exe and type:

'netsh winsock reset'

Restart your PC, should be ok after this.

Im having problems with my own Arma 2 server running on Windwos server 2003 and i have a D-link DIR655 router.

I have searched the forum and opened all the ports that they say you need to open and still i get "Connection failed" when trying to join my server, if i try to join the server under LAN it works fine.

I hade a Arma server up and running and the correct ports was open and that server run with no problems. I feel that im missing out on some ports or something like that.

This are the ports that i have opened:

TCP and UDP

2300-2400,47624

And i tryed: 53, 80, 88, 2302, 2304, 2305, 2306, 2074, 3074

Only UDP

28800-28900

I can join servers without any problems, Iam starting to think that this will never work with a router :(

I get this error 90% of the time trying to connect online. CONNECTION FAILED.

I can't even get my own LAN game going. I have 2 computers and just want to play a friggen LAN game. Connection failed! Tried to make an internet server, CONNECTION FAILED!

I tried to join an online server with both CPU (took awhile to find a server!) but finally I had both connected in the same server, so it wasn't an IP thing.

Then I tried another test. Both computers connect to only about 10% of servers, but NOT THE SAME ONES! WTF! I have no idea how to fix or even what to try when nothing is consistent.

HELP HELP HELP. I really want to play!

@custer1981

I have the same router as you. And after some hard brain use i found my problem :)

You have to add your ArmA2 server as Virtual Server in your Advanced settings...

This is my settings. And it works.. my arma2 server are now public :)

Advanced - Virtual Server

Name                       Public                Protocol                Schedule
ArmA2                      2306                    UDP                    Always
IP Address                Private                                    Inbound Filter
your ARMA2 local IP        2306                     17                   Allow all

Start with those settings and let me know if you got any problems...

And please close/remove all the other ports you have open up (2300-2400,47624 ,53, 80, 88, 2302, 2304, 2305, 2306, 2074, 3074 ,28800-28900)

Cheers

---------- Post added at 05:29 ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 ----------

@dicklewicz

I get this error 90% of the time trying to connect online. CONNECTION FAILED.

I can't even get my own LAN game going. I have 2 computers and just want to play a friggen LAN game. Connection failed! Tried to make an internet server, CONNECTION FAILED!

I tried to join an online server with both CPU (took awhile to find a server!) but finally I had both connected in the same server, so it wasn't an IP thing.

Then I tried another test. Both computers connect to only about 10% of servers, but NOT THE SAME ONES! WTF! I have no idea how to fix or even what to try when nothing is consistent.

HELP HELP HELP. I really want to play!

Hi.

What type of router do you have, we need more info.. name and model :)

Edited by MJK-Ranger

As i understand this topic is mainly related to server problem.

I'm receiving Connecting failed upon joining any server out there. I have tried everything i found on the forum (various ports forwarded, winsock reset) with no luck.

Hi people...i have a problem with my Operation flashpoint...

When i try to join in a multiplayer game.... ..." Connection failled"

Help me...(sorry about my english)

im portuguese :-(