Sign in to follow this  
MortenL

Waypoint (how to make it invisble but still there)

Probably a noob question(always assumed it would have something to do with the cadet mode, however that is only the map it seems)

I have tasks set in place which will show as waypoints, so i dont want the waypoints (used in case of an AI being the leader + trigger) to also show aswell. (looks dumb with 2 waypoints at the same location)

So how can i make the standard waypoint invisible for the group leader and teammates? without deleting it.

Any script i can use for this?

I would also like to know this.

It would destroy the last problems i have with my mission!

Doesnt seem to work :\

How exactly should the code look, and where should i place it?

Well it depends of the waypoint number, It can be placed anywhere as long as you know the group.

If your waypoint is the first waypoint then you can use:

// _grp is the group that you want to hide waypoints from.
// 0 refer to the waypoint number (1 here).
[_grp, 0] showWaypoint "NEVER";

Also i think that if you trick the Difficulty you can get Waypoints display off.

Edited by Benny.

Just dont put in : task setSimpleTaskDestination position until its needed in the mission - you can add it anytime in a trigger.

Just group a trigger to the leader

Trigger = blufor detects Opfor leader

activation = task setSimpleTaskDestination position

something like that anyway :)

Still dont get it to work, it's driving me insane knowing it's so near to completion yet something as simple as hiding a single waypoint is keeping me from finishing.

Could i perhaps send the mission file to one of you gentlemen to have a look at what i'm doing wrong?

I'm looking around arma 2 scripting atm... found some intresting stuff about tasks...

Here's a task creation process.

/*
Task kinds:
- "taskNew"
- "taskCurrent"
- "taskDone"
- "taskFailed"
*/

//Creating a simple task.
mytask = player createSimpleTask ["taskA"];

//Giving the task a description.
mytask setSimpleTaskDescription ["desc test","descShort test","descHUD test"];

//Displaying the task on screen, in our case we display the first of the 3 descriptions that we assigned above, our task is a new task.
taskHint [format [localize "str_taskNew" + "\n%1", (taskDescription mytask) select 0], [1,1,1,1], "taskNew"];

Also hiding waypoint seems like a pain in the ass. Your main problem is the chopper evac? how about using a sync whenever you reach a special location that would trigger the chopper to come and wait for the player & his team to board on without using waypoints?

How does that work? Doesnt the chopper require a get-in waypoint to be synched with it's own load-waypoint?

As far as i know, using a trigger for my own forces it would come if i come in the trigger area, but after that immediately move on?

When you reach a certain point (a location for exemple), you let a script execute the following:

init: chopper go to the Evaclocation

init: chopper land

in a while you use something like {vehicle player != desiredChopper} do {chopper has to wait};

NOTE: The chopper will take off after player's in, if you want to wait all units, just use a {} forEach group player where you check if each (alive) units are in the chopper.

end: chopper doMove desiredLocation

Edited by Benny.