Sign in to follow this  
cesk

Incorrect ACOG Optics/Reticles

This has been bugging me since the first Arma...

M4A1's in Arma2 feature the ACOG TA01NSN, however.. this optic features Tritium for night illumination, which does not show up in Arma2 or Arma

M16A4's in Arma2 feature the ACOG TA31F (Technically since this game features USMC soldiers, it should be a TA31RCO-A4CP) However it should also use the correct reticle. Instead it currently uses the same reticle as the TA01NSN.

Since the modellers went through the trouble of constructing these two different ACOG designs, may I suggest using the correct reticles for these with day and night artwork? Below I have supplied reference images from Trijicon's website displaying the correct optics and reticles for both ACOG models currently featured in Arma2.

TA31F ACOG with Fiber Optic - Featured on the M16A4

ACF59.jpg

TA01NSN ACOG without Fiber Optic - Featured on the M4A1

ACF924D.jpg

Tritium illumination is indeed possible using RVmats for the crosshair textures.

Tritium illumination is indeed possible using RVmats for the crosshair textures.

Yea, there was an addon out there for Arma entitled "scope_fix" which used that, however it would be nice to actually see this implemented into the original data so that addon fixes wouldn't be necessary.

Heh, what are odds that rounds shot using the M16 with these scopes actually pass through the 4 and 6 marks at ranges of 400m and 600m?

ArmA1 had an "officer" with a US Marine cover (hat) in US Army ACU pattern cloth.

BIS are not detail or realism oriented. The best you can hope for is that they get the product out the door with as few silly engine limitations as possible so the community can get to work unimpeded making in-game equipment that has more than a passing resemblance to the real article.