fangaming.com

Torrent

Another Torrent

atomicgamer.com

pcdome.hu

techpowerup.com

computergames.ro

v2.fi

gs01.games.gs.plat.net.au/ARMA2DEMO.7z (Australian 7zip demo)

arma-fr.net

Games.On.Net (Australian Mirror)

gameswelt.at

fileshack.com

Gamershell

Fileplanet

Rapidshare

Mirrors will be appreciated, please PM me your links.

BTW a couple of people so far have had a launch error with the demo: "Demo failed to launch, X3DAudio1_6.dll was not found" You need to make sure you have the latest Directx 9 Redistributable installed: http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/C/4/3C46A69A-CB0F-4CCA-B1E8-248D43270D5F/directx_mar2009_redist.exe

I noticed people claiming that their downloaded archives were 'corrupt' zip files and posting windows error messages to that effect.

Just a heads-up: Windows built in Zip utility (compressed folders) is not that up to date.

Download something like the free 7-zip utility (integrates fully with Windows right click menu) and you'll find those zips opening up just fine. :yay:

http://www.7-zip.org/

Hopefully this will help most people having 'corruption' problems...

Edited by Placebo

Demo will be released next week, I expect monday or tuesday. We are now testing it, as we cut a lot of data and landscape it's quite difficult to not forget anything. Size will be around 2 GB.

The demo'll come out, tomorrow,

Bet your bottom dollar, that tomorrow,

There'll be demo,

Just thinkin' about, tomorrow,

Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow, till' there's none,

When I'm stuck with a day, that's grey and lonely,

I just stick out my chin, and grin, and say,

Oh, the demo'll come out tomorrow,

So you gotta' hang on till' tomorrow,

Come what may.

Tomorrow tomorrow, I love you tomorrow,

Your'e only a day away,

The demo'll come out, tomorrow,

Bet your bottom dollar, that tomorrow,

There'll be demo,

Edited by Placebo
Spelling fixed :)

Demo will be released next week, i expect monday or thuesday. We are now testing it, as we must cuted lot of data and landscape, its qiute complex to not foregot anything. Size will be around 2 GB.

Lovely news! :dance1:

Demo will be released next week, i expect monday or thuesday. We are now testing it, as we must cuted lot of data and landscape, its qiute complex to not foregot anything. Size will be around 2 GB.

Thank you very much for this ohara!

Thank's Ohara !

It will be 1.02 ?

Probably not. BIS said 1.02 will be released 19-20 this month, and even then they were not sure about if the patch will fit everything or not. But I hope for a better version.

Thank you ohara. :)

wow, 2 gigs for a demo? That must be some kind of a record?

Praise the IT lords for broadband!

wow, 2 gigs for a demo? That must be some kind of a record?

Praise the IT lords for broadband!

Certainly it's sizable, but nothing unheard of. Nowadays most graphically demanding games have demos from 1 gigs upwards.

If it's a small size the demo is usually missing a lot, considering the game is 9gb on the HD 2 is a decent size.

Certainly it's sizable, but nothing unheard of. Nowadays most graphically demanding games have demos from 1 gigs upwards.

Yeah, demos below 700 MB are stone age now. :D

Regarding the reviews: Pretty nice ones, some less forgiving and some really bullcrap ugly ones. Fix the game up and more golden reviews should come. ^^

Edited by ziiip

oh crap 2 gigs :p can you make sure they release it on monday cause tuesday is when my internet limit gets back to zero, so i can spend my leftovers on the demo monday cause i need 5 gigs for AA3 next week and thats already to much :D

oh crap 2 gigs :p can you make sure they release it on monday cause tuesday is when my internet limit gets back to zero, so i can spend my leftovers on the demo monday cause i need 5 gigs for AA3 next week and thats already to much :D

Hi Azamato

Once you start playing ArmA you will never load AA3 on your hard drive.

Kind Regards walker

it wasn't said it's compressed or installed size ... remember 7z does wonders :)

Once you start playing ArmA you will never load AA3 on your hard drive.

Once you start eating apples you will never put oranges to your mouth.

Azamato, you can already pre-download AA3. Anyways not to go too much offtopic AA3 thread is here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=70273

Great news about the demo. It's good to know how the game will run or is some harware upgrades needed. :)

Once you start eating apples you will never put oranges to your mouth.

Azamato, you can already pre-download AA3. Anyways not to go too much offtopic AA3 thread is here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=70273

Great news about the demo. It's good to know how the game will run or is some harware upgrades needed. :)

thx but im already at 87% on my limit meter (yeah we have smthn like that in belgium) gotta do it for 3 days :D

Hopefully thats a good sign that it will be released the US soon, unlike what I've heard for Australia where its coming out December 31st.

Demo will be released next week, I expect monday or tuesday. We are now testing it, as we cut a lot of data and landscape it's quite difficult to not forget anything. Size will be around 2 GB.

good news..:yay:

Can't wait for ze demo :D

Awesome newz for the demo....i have already built my new PC just for AA2..:yay::yay:

Originally Posted by Azamato

oh crap 2 gigs can you make sure they release it on monday cause tuesday is when my internet limit gets back to zero, so i can spend my leftovers on the demo monday cause i need 5 gigs for AA3 next week and thats already to much

i thought just for a sec that you guyz were talking of Arma 3..:D:D:D

Awesome newz for the demo....i have already built my new PC just for AA2..:yay::yay:

i thought just for a sec that you guyz were talking of Arma 3..:D:D:D

lol America's Army 3 I know I should have written it all in stead of just the letters AA= ArmA xD

Hopefully thats a good sign that it will be released the US soon, unlike what I've heard for Australia where its coming out December 31st.

LOL, yeah right, ive been told 19th june , 26th june , 9th july and 1st august.

for Australia, anyway cdwow australia say the 19th with 7 to 10 days shipping.

The 2 GB (!) demo is next week, cool !

So monday, the forums and arma2.com will be down ? :nerner:

@S_Z:

I agree with you. I would also add Morrowind to your list.

In my opinion ambitious and complexed games should be rewarded even if they are not perfect when they are released.