Sign in to follow this  
bugkill

Porting ArmA1 addons to ArmA2

I have been looking for a definitive answer to this, but I have yet to find one. I would only like to know if we can use Jonny's SF and other addons in Arma 2?

Vehicles, Planes and Choppers are working (with more or less heavy modifications).

Terrains too, though they don't look as cute as in ArmA (as of now).

Units doesn't because the human models (selections etc.) has been changed.

Vehicles, Planes and Choppers are working (with more or less heavy modifications).

Units doesn't because the human models (selections etc.) has been changed.

Thanks. Bad news on the units though.

Hmm odd. I remember seeing videos of I44 US units in ArmA2 even before 29th May. Here's one of them:

I hope to get a definite confirmation on this because my purchase hinges on the fact if we are able to use unit addons from Arma in Arma 2.

Hmm odd. I remember seeing videos of I44 US units in ArmA2 even before 29th May. Here's one of them:

You silly :P thats cause he would've modified it to work in ArmA 2

I hope to get a definite confirmation on this because my purchase hinges on the fact if we are able to use unit addons from Arma in Arma 2.

You definitely can do this once the Editing Tools are out.

You silly :P thats cause he would've modified it to work in ArmA 2

Maybe but I doubt it because he released those videos so soon after the release.

*EDIT*

Apparently infantry addon needs to be in MLOD format to work properly in ArmA2:

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=54635#54635

Edited by Norsu

Hmmmm, I haven't checked yet but if that's true and in MLOD they are working I take everything back I said before. :)

Can you please elaborate a bit more, please?

Most of the addons need their version-check fixed. Since ArmA2 is at Version 1.01 and the Addons think it is Arma1 1.01, but require a higher version number.

However, that can easily be changed in the config.cpp / config.bin

so there is basically no way of porting units from 1 to 2?

is it ok to use the mlod's bis released in arma2?

Yep. It says so here.

1) Bohemia Interactive grants to you a personal, nonexclusive License to open, modify and distribute the ArmA Sample Models for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and producing non-commercial game content for PC game ArmA and its sequels or expansion packs.

Abs

ok well so far i have 2 littlebirds, a ka50 an m113 and vulcan in arma2. then im gonna do teh 5 ton trucks and strykers

ok well so far i have 2 littlebirds, a ka50 an m113 and vulcan in arma2. then im gonna do teh 5 ton trucks and strykers

Are you planning to release them?

Hmmmm, I haven't checked yet but if that's true and in MLOD they are working I take everything back I said before. :)

Those videos were made by our music-guy SFG, who did not modify any of the files. All that was needed was to have the soldier models in MLOD format (the old ODOL format doesn't seem to be accepted for any type of addon since only MLODs are working). No further editing had been done at that point.

That does mean we can't release anything for ArmA2 until BIS releases the editing tools :butbut:

Those videos were made by our music-guy SFG, who did not modify any of the files. All that was needed was to have the soldier models in MLOD format (the old ODOL format doesn't seem to be accepted for any type of addon since only MLODs are working). No further editing had been done at that point.

That does mean we can't release anything for ArmA2 until BIS releases the editing tools :butbut:

If you binarize the addons with BinPBO, ODOLs work just fine. :)

We've converted and done a lot of new addons already, and they all work just fine.

ACtually, you get errors on MLODs sometimes (flickering textures, displaced arms, etc.).

Are you planning to release them?

yes. i just need to implement all of the new arma2 features. arma2 does accept arma1 odol format just fine

Edited by rstratton

i tired to download the arma map avgani but not working (arma2 crashs)

do you know a good desert map working with arma2 ?

Since several people seems to be unable to search or browse this forum for suitable threads to ask the same question once more - here is the place for you.

Please refrain from starting further threads for your conversion questions or discussions.

Are the development tools for making ARMA 2 addons out yet? :confused:

Are the development tools for making ARMA 2 addons out yet? :confused:

No ArmA 2 specific tools have been released yet but you can still use ArmA tools to create addons in the meantime.

avgani and many more islands work.

here is an easy guide to make them work in arma2 :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73731&page=2

copy the listed files and do what i wrote at the end of the thread

Do we need all those files ? I tried and yes it works cheers with a few missing / errors but got Schemlfingwhatsicalled to work so looks good.

Looking forward to playing around with them when I get home.