Sign in to follow this  
bugkill

Porting ArmA1 addons to ArmA2

No ArmA 2 specific tools have been released yet but you can still use ArmA tools to create addons in the meantime.

Still using Oxygen Lite? It's been about 4-5 years since I ever attempted to make an addon (this was OFP).

What tools do you use to make models for vehicles\firearms\buildings\etc?

What tools do you use to make new islands?

I searched the Biki and nothing really informative is on there.

Links to tutorials, downloads, etc... would be really helpful since the Biki lacks the proper information.

Still using Oxygen Lite? It's been about 4-5 years since I ever attempted to make an addon (this was OFP).

What tools do you use to make models for vehicles\firearms\buildings\etc?

What tools do you use to make new islands?

I searched the Biki and nothing really informative is on there.

Links to tutorials, downloads, etc... would be really helpful since the Biki lacks the proper information.

From Biki:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools

Those are ment for ArmA 1.14 or higher. You must have it installed in order to render models in the new buldozer and to use the new Visitor. However if you are lacking ArmA you can still use the old Oxygen Lite to make models ready for porting over. There are few new lods and other crucial things needed but most of the work can be done in the old Oxygen :).

work ;)

65i5iqx6.jpg

bhyqsb6t.jpg

blkaoj74.jpg

icm7rsnf.jpg

Edited by M@ster

Our infraction system works also.

+1 WL for that picture. ;)

From Biki:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools

Those are ment for ArmA 1.14 or higher. You must have it installed in order to render models in the new buldozer and to use the new Visitor. However if you are lacking ArmA you can still use the old Oxygen Lite to make models ready for porting over. There are few new lods and other crucial things needed but most of the work can be done in the old Oxygen :).

Are there any tutorials or guides? Making the models is pretty straight forward, but LOD placement and such for specific class of weapon/aircraft/car/etc...

great - now you need soldiers for those Army vehicles... Seeing Marines load into strykers gives me the creeps. :)

It's first test ...i have default USMC soldiers for Stryker (new cfg)

so is it possible to binarize soldiers and get them in game? when i have tried the game has crashed on me but if i leave them unbinarized it works fine except for the arms going crazy when using a weapon that has a new animation linked to it (like the M24).

It's cool work being done here, but personally I'll now take the LAV or AAVP7 anyday over the Stryker and M113.

@DXfan01, main change was to edit the units in the config to use a classname from arma 2 such as;

class USMC_Soldier;

I also had to add an extra }; at the end of the config :)

Wow, M@ster! These units are marvelous. Wish I understood how to port ARMA1 models to ARMA2 :)

Any release date? Will you doing any more models? Thanks!

ArmA1 addons, islands port to Arma2 it easy...

New cfg (ArmA1 addons) for ArmA2 it that problem...

(Sorry for my english)

The textures in the near distance on maps like Sahrani ported over are low detail, not at your feet but at 30-40 yards. Any solutions to this? Its the same with other maps ported over as well.

can't find soldier.cfg in arma 2 folder , want it to config and import my grey alien in arma2

method to import soldier in arma 2 but where is the soldier.cfg file ???

1. requiredversion=0.1

2. class cfgskeletons copied from ARMA2 soldier.cfg (with all bones)

3. bones from cfgskeletons copied as sections in class cfgmodels

4. in class cfgvehicles class SoldierEB changed to RU_Soldier

5. moves="BI_Peoplemoves" changed to moves="cfgMovesMaleSdr"

6. side="TEast" changed to faction="RU"

7. namesound="SpecNas" deleted

8. type="VArmor" deleted

9. threat="...... deleted

:pet5:

The model.cfg file gets merged into the p3d file, when the objects get binarized - therefore you won't be able to find it in the unpacked PBO. I haven't tried getting any old soldier models through yet. But I have managed to get ArmA1 static rtm animations I made working, so I think there is backwards compatibility for animations.

Has anyone been able to get CWR working in ArmA 2? I tried copying it over but got several errors.

So would i be able to put the CH-47 chinook into arma 2 from the 1st arma? :j:

yes but only empty, if u try to load ur ch 47 with crew it will crash

Ok, ill might have to try it, would you put it in the add ons folder or install like the 1st one? and im guessing it wouldnt work online..?