Sign in to follow this  
Sudden Death

SDP Shilka and Tunguska cannon fix

If you rember "SDP Vehicles" you know whats comming next. To all the others: Did you notice that "Shilka" and "Tunguska" always fire with only one cannon. Now, two little scripts and a replacement-config later a bullet-transmission simulates the fully working 4x23mm and 2x30mm cannons.

SDP_mcannon_fix.jpg

The addon is a replacement for the original BIS ZSU-23 (CDF), ZSU-23 (INS) and 2S6M Tunguska.

Youtube video:

Update 2009-06-16 version 1.1

ADDED: smoke effect to ZSU-23 barrels

ADDED: smoke effect to 2S6M right barrel

ADDED: missile transmission to right pod every second launch

ADDED: smoke and flash effect to right missile pod

FIXED: config wont forcing an entry within the mission.sqm (thanks to kju)

FIXED: turret offset

IMPROVED: maths for bullet transmission

known issues:

- in slow motion you can see for 1 frame that 2S6M missile comming out at left missile launcher and is transfered to right launcher

- if the tank isn´t standing at flat terrain, sometimes missile position is wrong

Link:

ARMAMDB.de

Mirror:

Armaholic.com

arma2base.de

If you want mirror the addon, please refer to www.ARMAMDB.de!

Edited by Sudden Death

Looks like BIS is intentionally overlooking this bug (was in A1 and now they even get it in A2?!) :(

Anyways, thanks for releasing A2 version of this fix!

Thanks for the update!

Not possible to use the config only way Sakura Chan found?

It was in OFP as well, but its not a bug. It was designed that way.

Oh, didn't remember that, long time since I last played OFP, thanks for info.

but why the hell would they design it like that anyways? Maybe some kind of gameplay balance?

can´t tell why BIS make it this way. The FFAR-Launcher can fire with one weapon from two different positions.

Also the bullet transmission isn´t perfect at all strange posibilities. Maybe BIS decide to make it right or leave it.

@.kju

can you send me a pm (German) with more details for "the config only way Sakura Chan found?"

Edited by Sudden Death

Thanks for the addon, SDP makes tracer-shows that much cooler :)

Oh, didn't remember that, long time since I last played OFP, thanks for info.

but why the hell would they design it like that anyways? Maybe some kind of gameplay balance?

My best guess would be the amount of bullets flying due to these High RPM weapons.

With many of the higher RPM weapons, they also cheat by adding the power of 3 bullets to 1 bullet iirc and then reducing the amount of bullets flying :)

@ El nino Foxhound

:rolleyes:

How many times should I refer to that site?

2x in the news, 2 times on the download page. Is that not enough?

they need a bit of dispersion to, these guns are supposed to be more a shotgun blast.

i put the m163 vulcan from arma1 into arma2 and the bullet spread on the m168 is insane

Original Shilka/Tunguska do fire from one place because ArmA engine cannot fire more than 1 bullet per frame from a single weapon. Real guns have very fast rate of fire that with average 20-25fps cannot be simulated. Therefore we have set that single simulated bullets represents 2x-3x strength of one bullet fired in correct FPS. Modmakers should revise ammo definition in case they try to fire more bullets in time otherwise those weapons will be overpowered.

@Armored_Sheep

FFAR-Launcher fires one rocket from the left pod and the next from the right pod. Why didn´t use the same effect for the AA-guns?

S.

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

9761023.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

How is this modification built? Does it make duplicate bullets or are they dummy bullets (just visual)?

If this was an official fix by BI I would think the common player wouldn't have any criticism against it, even though it's sort

of wrong as Armored_Sheep mentions.

Edited by colossus

Any chance of BI implementing this little fix into the game, having only one working set of guns doesn't make much sense. Thought it would be fixed in A2, when it was present in A1 and never fixed with the exception of the SDP fix.

How is this modification built? Does it make duplicate bullets or are they dummy bullets (just visual)?

its only offset the bullet position to the other cannons, its the original bullet, no duplicat no dummies.

Nice work! only thing that would make it perfect is to get the same effect for Missiles and to get smoke coming out of the right pod as well

and the only extra the Shilka needs is for smoke to be coming out of the lower two turrets.

@Armored_Sheep

FFAR-Launcher fires one rocket from the left pod and the next from the right pod. Why didn´t use the same effect for the AA-guns?

S.

From the game point of view the visual improvement is not that important until we find a way how to fire more than 2000 bullets per minute from a single weapon.

Thank you Sudden Death.

Also,

Thank you to Armoured Sheep for answering a question publicly that i know for sure has been on hundreds of ppls minds for years.

Personally, i would much prefer to sacrafice fire rate on AA weapons to enable multi barrell/multi tracers.

Steve.