Sign in to follow this  
Tomsen

C130 Exterior / interior diff models

I just realized, that the c130 exterior model is different from the one you see when sitting inside the c130. Dunno how that works out though. Do choppers work the same way?

i realized that, when i tried to paradrop soldiers from an c130 with its ramps open. when viewed from 3rd person the ramp is open. when in 1st person view inside the c130 the ramp is closed.

anyone know whats going on there. Is there a way to change that?

Yeah I've noticed that too. If you load a vehicle into the back of a C-130 using the attachTo command you can see it through the windows at the back of the aircraft. As you go through the boarding transition and enter the C-130 you can also see the car inside the plane but when you find yourself seated in the back of the plane the car disappears. Not sure whats going on but very strange - I don't think choppers work in the same way.

NORRIN, how would we script the RAMP and DOORs to work as a AddAction when you approach it. Like ARMA C130 etc.

gotta change the cnf_vehicle.hpp file for the C130 and add UserAction classes for the animations. I tried changing the MV22 config before, but the BinPBO from BIS wasn't able to add all the files back into the pbo. got lots of missing textures and config entries when i started the game. may be cpbo will work?

Not sure where to post this

Script to add open door and ramp action to C-130

This was a request, other than adding some eye candy to the game there is very little practical use to this script.

Download

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/openDoor/C130_openDoor.utes.rar

To implement

1. Copy across the C130_openDoor folder into your mission file

2. Put this in the init line of the C-130

nul = [this] execVM "C130_openDoor\openDoor_init.sqf";

Although the actions appear and works for the pilot and passengers you may need to be near the rear of the aircraft to get the actions to appear when you are outside the plane. You'll also notice if you board the plane and open the ramp although it appears open from the outside from the inside it appears closed.

Edited by norrin

Thanks for that Norrin. Even if its just eye-candy, its still nice to have an opening ramp.

Does the C-130 have a roadpath allowing units to walk into the cargo bay? It would be very interesting if cargo attached and detached inside the cargo bay.

Rather than continually adding and removing the actions, it would be simpler to use the A2 action condition (same as the A1 action condition, but it can be applied in scripts as well as in config). I'd also prevent people outside the vehicle opening and closing the doors, but that is my choice.

Either open or close action, as appropriate, available for anyone in the vehicle:

_vcl addAction ["Open C-130 doors", "C130_openDoor\openDoor.sqf", "", 0, false, true, "(not (_target getVariable 'NORRN_openDoor')) and (_this in _target)"];
_vcl addAction ["Close C-130 doors", "C130_openDoor\closeDoor.sqf","", 0, false, true, "(_target getVariable 'NORRN_openDoor') and (_this in _target)"];

Thus the whole init file can be about 8 lines.

Edited by Spooner

I have a C130 loaded with troops (all AI) come into land with a (Transport Unload) waypoint on the runway. I know I could go up to the c130 and select "Open Ramp" action, but is there a way I can have a trigger/waypoint activate the script on touchdown just before the Unload waypoint.

I tried refrencing the script in a trigger on the flightpath, but to be honest I am not sure what command syntax is the appropriate one.

I know its just aesthetic but its the opening moment of the mission and its how your troops arrive so just wanted it to look schmick.

Thanks guys