Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Arma 2 - Female Characters?

it reflects reality. in most militaries, females are not allowed in "front line" roles.

however there's always mods. this one's for the first game:

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1280

Master Sergeant
    Yeah, I can't honestly say I support it unless it was done in a realistic manner, for example, if there would be female soldiers then sure, if not then not. But I think it would ruin atmosphere/authenticity and a serious "feel" if BI added female characters just to be politically correct. I love the addition of female civilians though: Sahrani's "sausage-fest" (if you'll excuse the vomit-inducing term lol) was disturbing, and Marian was shot.

I don't think they're in the [frontline] military though, so I wouldn't support it ... however ... I do plan to make some granny-SF missions =D

They had a female face in the original OFP(right?), a female voice in ArmA 1, I hoped ArmA 2 would have both. >.< Ah well.

I share your pain Vampy. =)

Kimmeh

Well, I just tried one single MP mission, but I remember a female voice in the OPFOR Russian camp for all HQ related radio messages?
    (I just remember because I was driving a jeep and tried to immagine the nice russian girl in uniform with that nice voice and.... BOOOM a tank shot my jeep )

But I agree with the thread starter. I'm living in Switzerland (but I'm german), and I know two (2!) girls who seriously want to join the swiss army in active duty in 2010 ^^, both are playing airsoft games with us guys and one of them showed interest in trying to play a PC game... maybe now that ArmA2 is out? ... xD. So yes, we need female soldiers in ArmA2, even if it's in MP only, and even if it's just for human players.

PS: people doubting players telling them that they are female should just stop believing in anything a person tells them over the net (immagine a girl not saying, you think it's a guy... do you cry "FAKE!!!!!" too?), and even if it's wrong, what the frack!?
    Last edited by soldier9945; Jun 9 2009 at 10:58.
    My System:
    C2D E8400 @ 4.2GHz | ASUS P5Q Deluxe | 4096 MB DDR2 | Radeon 4870X2 2GB (Cat 9.5 WHQL)
    X-Fi ExtremeGamer (2.18.0013) | Windows Se7en x64 (Fresh install 01.06.09)

If you put in a search on youtube you'll find lots of instances of women doing frontline duties. e.g: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKQzOei4mUo&NR=1

I like the thought of girls being able to have girl characters

I don't want female soldiers in ArmA. First of all I would feel uncomfortable shooting women and second it'd introduce a whole new undesireable gameplay dynamic in MP.

Quote Originally Posted by dvolk View Post
    I don't want female soldiers in ArmA. First of all I would feel uncomfortable shooting women and second it'd introduce a whole new undesireable gameplay dynamic in MP.
    I play reglarily on a server that has a girl playing who has a girl character, it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by {SAS}Silentkiller View Post
    I play reglarily on a server that has a girl playing who has a girl character, it doesn't bother me.
    Most of the time you probably wouldn't even know it's a woman you're shooting because you're either too far away to tell, or you're in CQB and you shoot before you have time to look.

Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 Motherboard | Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.0GHz | NVidia GeForce GTX770 4GB
    16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | ASUS Xonar D2X
    sound | be Quiet! 700W PSU | Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogX View Post
    Most of the time you probably wouldn't even know it's a woman you're shooting because you're either too far away to tell, or you're in CQB and you shoot before you have time to look.
    It still beats staring at a big ass Marine when you're crawling in the dirt or flying in a chopper! :P

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dvolk View Post
    I don't want female soldiers in ArmA. First of all I would feel uncomfortable shooting women.
    this .

i realize that if you're a girl playing this game, you might want to play a female character. but then again, men seem to have no problem playing as Lara Croft, so...

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast