Sign in to follow this  
TiGGa

3D-Real time editor

Now can anyone find a solution to this problem im having now.

When i play single player the mission.sqf (3d editor file) runs fine.

I tried playing the same mission with a friend and it loads fine but it seems to double every placed unit in the 3d editor file.

So i placed one guy gaurding an area, there will be 2 of them inside eachover.

How can i execute the file multiplayer wise?

I`m using 3D editor very rarely, because for now 2D is nuch more comfortable. But every time I have to use it, the result script makes me laugh very much :)

_unit_0 = ...;

_this = _group_0 .....;

_unit_0 = _this;

_this set ...;

and all other
_this = .....;

_var= _this;

constructions :D.

That`s a nice one too :)

if (false) then {

I don`t saying about tons of if (true) then {, double empty commands, and setting a bot skill with a 1/100000000 accuracy (it isn`t exaggeration :) ), because then the post would be endless :D

Edited by Li0n

Is it somehow possible to use the 3D Real time editor to make custom compositions that can be loaded relative to any position on any map?

I noticed that when using the "objectGrabber.sqf" script to make custom compositions it did not catch all objects.

/KC

Bumping this thread...

Tried the alternative RTE and thats capable to create custom compositions (called templates there) but the downside is that it requires RTE installed to load them.

So no one knows if it's possible to do it in BIS 3D-Real time editor or is the "objectGrabber.sqf" the way to go, wonder what BIS used to create there nice compositions?

Edit: I just realised that the "objectGrabber.sqf" way maybe could be run in the 3D Editor as well, will try when I get back home...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Bumping the thread again:

I've read around that Left ALT usually changes the altitude for a object in the editor, I'm left handed so I created a new profile to use in the editor with the default keys, but still, ALT and CTRL do nothing to me, only shift. Is there a specific key that needs to be binded in order for the altitude changer to work ?

I've been trying to change some control another key see if it would fix and noticed that I cannot bind anything to Left Alt, this might be the source of the problem;

Tried to change all left alt and left control to right alt and right control but no effect;

Bumping the thread: is in 3D editor a feature to PAUSE THE GAME? I tried with setacctime to give orders in a more relaxed way but it isn't the same.. I own VBS2, and in VBS2 3d Real time editor you can stop or accelerate the game within the RT editor..