Before this gets out of hand: If you have an idea for a new addon, request it here (and hope the best).

Please do not start new threads with addon requests. All other addon requests threads are deleted without further notification.

This thread must also be used when searching for a certain addon!

Edited by Placebo

As to show an example, my wish list is:

1) proper T-90 (and mods)

2) Mi-28N

3) Su-27 series

4) BMD series and vdv concept (i hope soul_assasin is still around)

5) Admiral Kuznetsov, it's working armament and airwing

and so on...

Edited by Gedis

I would like to see the Canadian Forces in-game.

Abs

I'm not a fan of the new map interface.

How about a mod that brings back the good old OFP/ArmA notebook?

Oh, there was also a sniper addon for ArmA that had windage and sight elevations or something (sorry, I'm not fully articulate at 3:20am...damn night shift). It would be great if someone could create this for ARMA2.

Abs

I would like to kindly request the OV-10A Bronco. This would in my oppinion be the most significant aircraft (class) that could be added to Arma 2.

The jets are fun and a valuable support when playing on the ground. But as player controlled units they do not work that well. They are so fast they cross Chernarus in moments, the viewdistance on avarage PCs is too low to use them efficiently and their weapon systems are too complex for this game (and are therefore represented very arcady; Tab-Shoot-Kill). The simple, low and slow aircraft fit much better into the Arma 2 game-world. The OV-10 would therefore be the perfect aircraft for Arma 2. Equiped with no sensors but the pilots eyes, the OV-10 features simple aim-and-shoot armament of MGs, miniguns and rockets. It is rather slow but very maneuverable, features excellent cockpit visibility and tends to operate close to the ground. It has good STOL capabilities and can operate from small airstrips (and even take-off from the LHD).

A shame the Marines got rid of their broncos in the 90s, otherwise it would have most likely made it into the stock game. Btw, recently there were discussions about re-opening production of the OV-10 for the current needs of the US armed forces.

Depiction = Immersion. In this case the game is trying to depict a group of human beings getting out of a vehicle.

Disembarking (from what I see in ARMA2 videos) appears to be the same 'ol wonderment of: "I mysteriously appeared through a solid metal plate" - or something to that effect.

Good God, how this looks in it's current state, and, how this function remained unchanged from ARMA 1 to ARMA2, is beyond me.

Complete immersion killer considering an alternative that depicts a more-correct visual of disembarkation.

A little bug in the ear for anyone interested in listening.

Vidz :bounce3:

Depiction = Immersion. In this case the game is trying to depict a group of human beings getting out of a vehicle.

Disembarking (from what I see in ARMA2 videos) appears to be the same 'ol wonderment of: "I mysteriously appeared through a solid metal plate" - or something to that effect.

Good God, how this looks in it's current state, and, how this function remained unchanged from ARMA 1 to ARMA2, is beyond me.

Complete immersion killer considering an alternative that depicts a more-correct visual of disembarkation.

A little bug in the ear for anyone interested in listening.

Vidz :bounce3:

can you just picture it? you and your men driving in a hummer and you are ambushed, you open the door and step out drawing your rifle out, using the door for cover. why isnt this already in the game.. would it really be so hard to make the few animations needed for the different vehicles? very disapointing.

they should have made it.. walk up to the vehicle and look at the door. hit the USE key to open door, and look inside to vehicle where you hit the USE key again to get inside. the player automatically closes the door as he steps in. when exiting just select "get out" from the menue or look at the door and hit USE to open and step out. the door stays open untill the player closes it, or the vehicle drives off and it automatically closes. this would make at least the hummers so much more use-able.

Edited by [FHA]Dynamo

some suggestions:

-clouds casting shadows on terrain

-tracer rounds keep burning after impact (random time values eg from 1/2 sec to 5sec)

-corpses in burning vehicules turn to black (like destroyed vehicules)

-burning soldiers running around after explosion (there was a mod like that in OFP)

-make anti personnal weapon like og7 ineffective against armored vehicules and AI using them only against troops.

-3d modeled muzzle flash for weapons, like 5 meshs played randomly.

i have no skill in scripting so i don't know what can be done or not, these are just suggestions :)

I'd like to see the MH-6 and AH-6 from Arma1 back in Arma2.

Oh and a Nice F-4 Phantom would be great!:p

Edited by Lennard

A better NVG system:

* Noisy, but not implemented how OFP NVGs was. Maybe instead of 3 images, use a bigger noise image and move it quickly to new locations making it appear much more random.

* Possibility to turn off auto gain, however...

* Limited maximum gain when in absolute darkness. Like no moon, overcast, nowhere near rural areas providing ambient light.

* As available light decreases, decrease the contrast provided by the NVG. Can post processing be used?

* If builtin IR light provider, should have limited range.

* Builtin zoom if possible. Narrow the DOF making them uncomfortable.

* Maybe use distance based DOF pp to make them less useful.

* If mostly useful for driving around and no so much for fighting can be done, then make it compatible with all sights (despite not being fully realistic). However...

* Some sights should have proper night vision. Could even be the night vision goggle effect that we see as default.

Basically, degrade the usefulness of NVGs unless NV scopes are being used, probably using some post processing tricks. Let the players start using illumination for support instead.

Currently the U.S. Army is replacing the Humvee with Force Protection inc. line of Mine Resistant Armored Personel Vehicals. These vehicals are designed to take RPG and mine damage with crew survivability. I Think the Cougar model and the Buffalo Model would be a very useful addon for Arma or Arma 2. Also I havent seen anyone create a vehical with the CROWS, a remote operated gun used by the soldier inside the vehical. I would love to see this as an addon in Arma 2 or Arma. I would love to help, but I have almost no experince moding.

To be somewhat like real life:

* when the vehical is 100% damaged the crew should survive.

* The vehical should be able to survive at least 1 RPG strike.

* It would be neat if the fenders and other parts flew off leaving the body of the vehical intact with the crew only injured.

* Future Weapons had a speacial on the MRAP Cougar and precluded that the Army would soon be attaching the CROWS system to the Cougar, allowing the soldier to control the MG inside the vehical. This would be nice for many of the vheicals in Arma, allowing a more modern combat style. Basicaly this would be a cougar model of a Humvee with the strykers MG mount.

cougar6_persp.jpg

Edited by Galbraith

I have now over 6 GB of fotos and i already made some of its "texture-ready", which means, 1280x1280 res, normal and specular map.

There is also a first model in .3ds but back in the days of Armed Assault i had really problems importing them into O2 because there were losses of faces. I even don't know how to make some really cool uv map...but maybe someone wants to help making these enterable buildings :)

umbau_olvenstedter_scheid_0.jpg

plattenbau.jpg

And there is waiting a bunch of another different fotos :)

All Arma2 really needs is for Robert Hammer to port his AK pack to it.

stryker imports please. :)

yes

please :d

Russian side needs an air superiority fighter. SU-27 or SU-30 like in ACEmod. USMC has two jets, and SU-34 is bomber really.

More animals!

And animals on/in the water like ducks, fish, loch ness monster, etc!

MfG Lee :)

a 2015 mod; with all the new vehicles:

- Patria AMV

- GTK Boxer

- German puma

- turkish PAS 8x8

- french VBCI

etc etc:)

AI MOD!

i think it's obvious that a new FFN mod for better AI will be implemented.

currently the AI seems to run too much instead of walk with the gun raised. or on the opposite note - crawl in places where it doesnt make too much sense to crawl. i think most humans dont crawl or run like that and if the AI behaves more like humans do than they will feel much better and less robotic.

there are occasions where the AI is side-stepping slowly with the gun raised which mimics a human behavior the most since this is usually what we do. if there was a mod for the AI to make them use this moving behavior more often than that would help to convey a more real life like AI.

same goes for moving while crouched. i almost never see the AI moving while crouched. this keeps them more low profile and, as before, more human like.

last thing is make them react faster. i know it's a lot easier said than done but im too many cases on the hardest settings of the AI they stare at me for far too long before firing. now, no one wants an AI that fires and hits u in 1 second. usually the player can not aim that fast in medium ranges and above. i think if the AI aims fast and starts shooting fast than it will aim worse, but if the AI takes too long to shoot than when it DOES than it will shoot accurately, as if it took it's time to aim.

another variable should be distance to target. if the AI is close to it's target than they will be more likely to fire faster.

another factor for speed of firing seems too complicated to implement - if the AI's target is facing the AI than the AI, out of fear of being shot, will fire faster. if the target is aiming the other way than the AI will take its time to aim.

i dont know how much control modders have over the AI, but since AI is , IMO, more important for the enjoyment of the game than sun glasses or a new texture of the uniform than i hope that a mod for the AI will not take too long.

here's for hoping....

FCS and IR-sights for tanks.

I might recall the C130 having IR-sights in ArmA2? In that case it might not be too much to ask to get it implemented in the tanks per default, sometime in the future.

I wouldn't count on BIS to model FCS though, so that would be really cool.