Have any Asian units been released for Arma2?

Need some for a Campaign I have planned.

ty

Lighty

Yea, I've been waiting for Asian addons too....specifically, Uzbekistan.

Abs

Ah those look nifty! I'm not looking into doing some heavy duty work for Arma [i'll stick to modeling and texturing occasionally]. Still even if it's impossible to achieve the hybrid of FLIR and NV... those will still looks nice on some modern day Rangers, do you have any plans on implementing them into the game?

Hi guys,

I'm creating a singleplayer mission and would like an unscoped M4 / M16 with silencer. Can't seem to find this anywhere though. ACE has one but it's a camo version with a laser module attached, which is no good. Also tried using the ASC mod which is great but I couldn't cope with the scripted fixed-magnification ironsight aiming.

Earl Filmore (Delta) carried one:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg480...jpg&res=medium

As did these guys (Tier 1 from Op Just Cause):

http://www.specialoperations.com/Arm...orce/delta.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks

*edit - Colonel Stagler mentioned that ACE2 and RH packs both have the weapon, but I've checked and in both cases there is also a Laser Module attached to the weapon, which isn't suitable.

Your images aren't working, but let's describe what you would like in more detail:

You want an m4 with a silencer, with iron sights only... Do you want a RIS, or just a plain foregrip or does it matter? Do you want a flat top receiver with so called removable 'cqc' sights on the picatinny rail, or the carry handle with integrated sights? Does it matter?

Hi Max,

Basically a non-railed M4A1 with a silencer - otherwise no modifications from a standard stock M4A1. No rails (therefore no barrel attachments), no scope, no attachments. I'd be willing to budge on the Flat Receiver/Carry Handle detail as these would be independant of time period, but any other detail (like the laser module the ACE/RH silenced ironsight M4's have) would be too modern.

Here is the OG link for the pics I wanted to post: http://www.usmountainranger.org/assets/images/fillmore6.jpg

Ultimately it's only a small detail but trying to nail the look and feel of the mission as close to the time period as possible.

i would love to see a new map of iran (im actualy starting to make one)

it is going to depict a "little" island in the strait of hormuz with loads of ocean around and the city Qeshm on it.

this could be another great island but i dont have the time and patients to do it all on my own this time.

so if anyone likes the idea the terrain would be as big as fayshkhabur but its surrounded by ocean,

enough to put an entire naval fleet on it and still be able to get lost over the ocean

while the island haves a big city (has its own airstrip), a industrial area, and a pretty variating landscape.

http://images.alarabiya.net/e5/58/640x392_490_184254.jpg

so actualy im looking for a great citybuilder and build this project together from scratch.

I have this awesome new Faysh Khabur map, and want to have some epic tank battles, but ArmA vehicle AI has dismal engagement ranges. My T-72s refuse to fire at 2500m, well within the effective range of their guns and FCS.

I wish someone would make an uber-long-range-AI-engagement mod, just something unbalanced to turn on for these sorts of slug fests.

Have any Asian units been released for Arma2?

Need some for a Campaign I have planned.

ty

Lighty

ACE Released PLA if that helps (units, weapons, vehicals the lot) or theres VME PLA mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14099

not much in the way in units i could find though.

Basically a non-railed M4A1 with a silencer - otherwise no modifications from a standard stock M4A1. No rails (therefore no barrel attachments), no scope, no attachments. I'd be willing to budge on the Flat Receiver/Carry Handle detail as these would be independant of time period, but any other detail (like the laser module the ACE/RH silenced ironsight M4's have) would be too modern.

Ultimately it's only a small detail but trying to nail the look and feel of the mission as close to the time period as possible.

your example was... bad... no offence i could barely make it out as a AR-15, if you're going for a 80's-90's commando look you DO NOT want a M4A1, hell a M4 (3rnd burst) would be pushing it, if you really are going to be picky go the extra, M4 carbines where not issued until '94 (for referance mogadishu was in '93) you're actually looking for a colt 727/733's (not a lot of diffrence but still alittle, mainly the carrying handle is not removeable and part of the upper)

or a CAR-15/XM117 (longer flash hider and ussaly lacking the forward assist beside the charging handle)

also note that RIS, SIR and the picatinny rails on them where designed in the 80's but didn't become in wide use until the late 90's early/mid 2000's

also i assume you're looking for something along these lines... >100kb http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/5/5c/BHDCommandoSuppressed-2.jpg/800px-BHDCommandoSuppressed-2.jpg

Edited by Scarecrow398

Remote Controled Special(Spy) Devices

RC turrets, rc small buggys, rc small drone

Remote Controled Special(Spy) Devices

RC turrets, rc small buggys, rc small drone

Like a Raven?

800px-RQ-11_Raven_1.jpg

not as a request as such, But does anyone know if Icewindo's Blackops were released as in this forum topic: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73572-ArmA-II-amp-OA-Photography-I-No-images-over-100kb-Pictures-only-NO-comments&p=1688664&viewfull=1#post1688664. Ive been unable to pm him as his message box is full.

i'm looking for those addons:

1. Pre 1982 addons - vehicles,units,aircrafts and more that appeared before the arma:cwa campaign Resistance which happend in 1982.

2. working vietnam addons.

3. Pre CDF Army if exist.

4. T-6 Texan.

5. Legal music-pack addon

1. Pre 1982 addons - vehicles,units,aircrafts and more that appeared before the arma:cwa campaign Resistance which happend in 1982.

I guess Project '85 by vilas would do? Have a look http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=7934&d=0

2. working vietnam addons.

Check out the Unsung mod(@UNS on six), yes, it is working, comes with 3-4 maps and both Opfor (NVA, vietcong and another) and Blufor (US, South vietnam, ect) plus vehicals and weapons for both sides, pretty comprehesive and theres also MBG_Nam for another map

3. Pre CDF Army if exist.

Uhh, what? define Pre CDF? they're using tech from the 80's sometimes earlier...

4. T-6 Texan.

Couldn't find one, probably non existant.

5. Legal music-pack addon

Uhh, Music pack addon? as in music to use in missions or more music added onto the default stuff you can already access?

not as a request as such, But does anyone know if Icewindo's Blackops were released as in this forum topic:. Ive been unable to pm him as his message box is full.

Not the same ones but these are close: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6471

Looking for a user friendly support system for the BI campaigns, so the squad leader doesn't have to go digging in the menus.

4. T-6 Texan.

check my post above yours, i posted a PC-9, which the T-6 is based off, but its in Irish Air Corp colours and the cockpit isnt very HQ

check my post above yours, i posted a PC-9, which the T-6 is based off, but its in Irish Air Corp colours and the cockpit isnt very HQ

I think he wants the original, not the T-6 Texan II.

i would like to see some CIA SAD units, or other governement forces in civilian suit.

to make you an idea, if you have PMC, look at contractor 1 and 2, or the Green Berets - Astan-style addon on armaholic.

I'm looking for PROPER addons for ArmA2, no OA. Seem like all hosting sites switched to OA variant.

Well, the thing is dev-haeven links lead to blank pages (unless I missed something), and Armaholic ones are only graphic tweaks.