Sign in to follow this  
gunzz

Editor questions, module questions, how to spectate

Ok this can be confusing so ill list my problems.

1: Im trying to have an island fight, 2 squads of marines and 2 squads of russians on the opposite side of an island both have seek and destroy waypoints on top of eachother. I want to spectate this but dont know how.

2: I was trying to create a seaborne raid. I wanted to make 3 squads of infantry board a bunch of CRRT's or whatever the little raft boats are, and go invade a peice of land defended by some russians. I had it setup like this:

-Waypoint move to near the boats, then get in nearest near the boat, then move to the ocean, then a get out waypoint near the shore, and a search and destroy waypoint on land so they would go invade. However they wouldnt board the boats. They did one time but I dont know why or how etc.

3: I want to play around with ambient combat module along with others. I don't know how to use it though. Do I just create a rifle unit, setup a patrol route and walk along?

I think thats it for now. Yes I have read guides, but their all for arma 1, and im very rookie.

Keep in mind I dont really make missions, I just setup battles. I'm too rookie to make missions.

EDIT:

I now figured out how to get my squad into the rafts, however I cant get in. Im a rifleman, part of the squad and it simply doesnt give me an option to get in period. It only does if I spawn a raft get out then I can get in, its weird. Any ideas?

Double edit:

Sometimes I can get in the raft sometimes all it will let me do is browse gear and rearm... now I can't figure out how to get the rafts to stay in place so my squad can board them. They just drive off.

Edited by gunzz

IIRC, there should be a "Transport load" waypoint or something along the lines. If you syncronize this waypoint with the groups "Get in" waypoint, the rafts (or choppers for that matter) should wait. I think there was a glitch with it that the leader of the get-in-group should board last to allow all the group to get in.

Thanks for your reply

I really wish i knew how to spectate my battles

Anyone know how to specate from the air? I set up a battle 2 squads vs 2 squads, I wanna watch it. I saw a youtube video of a guy doing just that, howww?

Create a player unit, then in the initialisation field, put this:

this exec "camera.sqs";

That'll give you a camera kind of thing. Use the numpad to point it in directions, mouse to move around, and Q/Z to move up and down. You can get rid of the crosshair by pressing L, I think. Hold shift and a movement key to move faster. I don't think you can use nightvision with it. You can rebind all the movement keys under "Bulldozer" in the controls options.

when I put camera.sqs in it says missing ; so i put in camera.sqs; and it still says that.

then i put "camera.sqs"; with the quotes and it said type string expected nothing

Hey gunzz,

As Lor already replyed use the command

this exec "camera.sqs;

using camera.sqs only will definately cause issues as you descriped

For more information just download the Editing Guide located in my sig.