Redkid Joker

The Unsung Release 1 (Alpha)

mainunsungbanner60perce.jpg

The Unsung Mod is proud to present our R1 (Alpha) release for Armed Assault.

We have tried to keep in mind all the different specs of machinery in the community.

We hope we can give a pleasurable jungle experience to everyone due to this.

After hard and long work for the past years and months, the time has finally come.

Yes troop, you get to hunt or be hunted in the jungles of South-East Asia!

releasepic1a.jpg

releasepic2h.jpg

releasepic3t.jpg

releasepic4p.jpg

What does this release have? Well it has 3 islands to get fragged

on in any of million ways. They are called "Kham Duc", "Ngok Tavak" and "In Country".

On them you can sneak around as a member of the US Special Forces and shoot at the

hardcore Vietcong or the even more bitter NVA. Or you can even be one of them and kick some SF ass.

Fly around high in the sky with some Huey's and pile on from above, walk on the ground and

develop a 1000 yard stare. Run, walk, crawl, fly, shoot to kill and get your fill in a

Unsung made Vietnam environment thrill. Happy gaming people! And remember, keep your head

low, your 16's on rock and roll and the world will turn!

Thanks to all who contributed in any way to the mod and made it all possible!

Download links:

www.armedassault.info

www.armaholic.com

Other links:

Unsung Mod website

Unsung forums on OFPNAM

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

6641045.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Huey helicopters are so :cool: well done sir:icon_dj:.

I wait for Evolution/Warfare Conversion!!!:smiley-biggrin:

(...)

Edited by Andre
no more interest

Downloading now! Very great vietnam War Mod ever seen in ARMA. Especailly for those Vietnamese troops, really teffric stuff! By way, is there any regular US troops included?

Great job and, as somebody said before, great hueys!

For your information, the hueys work in Arma2 if you place them as empty objects and get in as pilot or gunner once mission is loaded (their default crew produce error as it is not properly loaded). They look and sound impressive under Arma2 engine :eek: Despite some config error messages the models and textures are perfect there.

Congratulations!

Awesome job, you guys were not kidding when you said the Jungles are system hogs.

Hi,

I hope you're not in anger when I tell you that the mod is not that

good as I expected.

I am going to tell you my personal list

Things I like

Hueys-They're in a very good quality

Vehicles overall-They are pretty good

Things I really dislike

Weapons-Some don't have a lot detail (e.g. Shotgun) some are simply wrong

(M16A1, XM177E1 you created are NO M16A1's and Car15's. The sight is totally wrong and also the carrying handle and stuff.)

Terrain-It does lag like hell. VTE Mod showed that its possible to create

a large jungle terrain with a good framerate.

Texture on the patrol boat is reversed (e.g. the WARNING on the minigun)

LAW is not "hovering" in the hands

after 30rnd of m16a1 ammunation the dodge ambulance is destroyed!

Edit:

All dodge vehicles are effected. They also have bullet proof windows

Except for the magazine, nearly no other animations of the weapons

RPD is reloading without the belt

NVA DSHK has a floating guy (Well, infact he's standing instead of kneeling)

No firelod on the DHSK

_

Overall my badlist is bigger than my own goodlist and the mod is not

as good as you promised in my opinion.

This is not to bash your work (nice vehicles) but to carry the title

"The most realistic Vietnam Mod" does simply not fit.

But,

Thanks a lot for your work in your free time!

Edited by SWT_Janowich

We'll be posting general settings to help those with normal comps to get the best result from this mod. This is a "Alpha release, work in progress" as stated in the readme file. We welcome feedback, but please state your sytem, and game settings when you encounter a "terrain lags like hell" comment, as we can most likely help you out if we know what your gaming platform is. As a general idea we don't recommend running the mod with view distances set for desert/european style islands, it just wont run as well period.

We are aware of the vehicle problems and will address them in a patch.

Weapon detail was removed to boost performance as was the amount of detail on the SF units which one of our team members spent alot of time modelling, but we had to optimze for game play.

Thanks for the feedback we are still working on the jungle to get the best fps to look optimization.

We got it in OFP we'll get there in AA and AA2.

First of all thanks for the hard work!! The islands are just beautiful, the hueys look fantasticly detailed and the units are all unique, accurate and well-made!

The bad news for me is that the mod is basically unplayable because of the terrible frame rates. I tried a view distance of 500M's and it made little difference. Trying to fly a chopper with 500M view distance is like trying to walk down the stairs in the dark, very dangerous!

My system spec isn't great but it runs every other mod with 30+fps. My system is: Quad core Q9550, GF 9800GT TOP, 4GB RAM. What sort of spec machine do you need to run this mod?

Cheers

My system spec isn't great but it runs every other mod with 30+fps. My system is: Quad core Q9550, GF 9800GT TOP, 4GB RAM. What sort of spec machine do you need to run this mod?

Cheers

Thats strange Im running a Duo 6700 2.6 , with 2 gigs ram and an GF 8800 gtx..Im getting at least 20 fps. Newer drivers tend to give lower FPS I reverted back a few versions.

Here is what my settings are set at note that post processing is set on low it takes a hellova lot of juice set on high.

arma2009020810271762.jpg

Hi,

This is not to bash your work (nice vehicles) but to carry the title

"The most realistic Vietnam Mod" does simply not fit.

That title for me has always been about missions, terrain and uni accuracy, which is actually very realistic. Everyone on the team is a complete "Nam buff" and just because the weapons aren't really detailed and the terrain lags like hell for you doesn't mean it isn't a realistic mod.

This is really strange? You have a better spec than me and the mod doesn't lag like that. Please tell me you have cut down on other settings rather than just View Distance? :)

SGT_SAVAGE,

Thanks for the graphics suggestions. I set them exactly as you showed yours and frame rates are much better now. Ironically most of your settings were higher than mine! However I think the key problem was that I had set postprocess effects to very high.

Maybe lowering shaders a bit would help also. Didn't kegetys release some kind of mod that allows you to have high shaders without fps problems being induced by heavy folliage?

Cheers

Ok, my specs..

Althlon XP 2100

1 gig @333mhz corsair

nvidia 7800GTS

..Now its not gonna give me 60fps, but It runs alright an I can play it. And what I'm playing I'm liking VERY much. So if I can actually run it well enough to enjoy the overall mod, WTH are you guys doing wrong..lol

Anyways, thankyou very much Unsung Team. Finally it actually 'feels' like dense jungle fighting. Something NO other mod has done yet I'd say. I'm not going to start comparing 'NAM' addons...Thats like comparing sound mods which is silly, all I'll say is I know which 'NAM' mod I'll be using..

THANKYOU GUYS

you can lower terrain details and viewdistance ... you hardly see any soil anyways...

I love it with 600-700 viewdistance with some fog effect..

really nice jungle you did there GJ :)

Its just a matter of farting round with the video settings, you don't have to have the settings exactly the way I have however, that post processing effect Rip's the guts outta the fps with little or no visual effect. The rest of the settings generally don't effect performance on high or low, you just need to experiment a bit till you find the sweet spot. And remember all use the fog at least bring the slider up to half it does help. Besides it looks more realistic with a bit of fog anyway IMO.

Also I recommend using the HDR mod since it stops that damn HDR light fluctuation in the heavy wooded areas or use that other mod that allows you to control the lighting within the video settings, for the life of me I cannot remember what its called...Anyone? :P

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

i have been waiting for this mod for quite some time and when i read some of the posts here about lags because of the terrain i was a bit scared that i wouldnt be able to play it because my graphics card is not quite good, but when i played it i was able to play it without any lag( might have something to do with the fact that all my graphics options are put quite low). but now i have come up against a bug i think is the ati texture bug( i had the same problem with klurs island) every time i want to access my gear i get a crash to desktop and i get the error message "cannot create system memory surface 1555,768x256 (size 524288B) error code 8876086" now i only get this problem when i access my gear so i think the problem is with the weapons, also when i tried it with the pilots i didnt get it so i think you dont get this bug with the m1911. when i had this problem with klurs island some guy explained that it had something to do with objects having uneven numbers ( some people will be able to explain it much better) i hope you will be able to fix this problem in one of your patches, for now i will be able to play the game as it is not game breacking just a major annoying factor, and i hope you will be able to come up with a patch very soon.

Also I recommend using the HDR mod since it stops that damn HDR light fluctuation in the heavy wooded areas

Yes the light fluctuation gets on my tits where do i Dload it from i cant find it.

Don't have the exact link but I do believe it is on ArmedAssault.info