Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Framerate-Friendly Island - porting stuff over?

Well as a first attempt I just grabbed the 1.14 versions of:

buildings.pbo
    buildings.pbo.bi.bisign
    ca.pbo
    ca.pbo.bi.bisign
    cti_buildings.pbo
    cti_buildings.pbo.bi.bisign
    dbe1.pbo
    dbe1.pbo.bi.bisign
    desert.pbo
    desert.pbo.bi.bisign
    desert2.pbo
    desert2.pbo.bi.bisign
    dir.txt
    hotfix.pbo
    hotfix.pbo.bi.bisign
    hotfix_dbe1.pbo
    hotfix_dbe1.pbo.bi.bisign
    misc.pbo
    misc.pbo.bi.bisign
    plants.pbo
    plants.pbo.bi.bisign
    roads.pbo
    roads.pbo.bi.bisign
    rocks.pbo
    rocks.pbo.bi.bisign
    sara.pbo
    sara.pbo.bi.bisign
    saralite.pbo
    saralite.pbo.bi.bisign
    signs.pbo
    signs.pbo.bi.bisign
    water.pbo
    water.pbo.bi.bisign

And placed them in an @ARMA\addons\ mod folder. There is a little content still missing but I suspect (I'm just about to try it) the whole of Arma 1's addons folder could come over as I suspect BIS probably built everything in A2 with entirely different class names.

I got some error messages about bad materials, and a few missing textures (that were probably in pbos that would break other things) and faulty config, but no more than about 100 messages in the RPT when the island first loaded
    That means that A1 content DONT run in A2 perfect! Thats what i say! Layers etc changed in A2 and it would be very hard, to make a A1 wrp file a A2 wrp file without the tools. And the "ported" islands from A1 to A2 (with some errors) has not the quality they can have with the new technics in A2.

@Defunkt

it works perfect

when i play avgani map on arma 1 i get 10 fps at max with 700 viewdistance and disabled shadows in the citycenter NOW I HAVE 40 + with EVERYTHING ON HIGHEST 5000 VIEWDISTANCE
    UNBELIEEEEEEEEVABLE

Not working perfectly, that collection of files does cause some conflicts. I guess it's a question of de-pbo'ing them and identifying the actual portions required.

Thanks for staying on the ball, guys. I've never learned how to mod beyond a few simple texture changes in OFP, but I really appreciate the effort.

When I got A1, I was mostly playing in the desert since my system back then couldn't hack all the trees. Feels the same with A2 now, and some maps with less vegetation will be really needed.

@Defunkt

Not working perfectly, that collection of files does cause some conflicts.
    dont know what you mean, i had only 2 reports about missing files and avgani and afghan village worked perfect, not a single problem with them, i had no problem to play on that maps at all.

my system : amd x2 6000, ati hd 4870, 2 gig ram

avgani settings in arma2 :1280x1024, 5000 viewdistance, everything on highest except fillrate and disabled bloom and blur with kegetys mod.
    citycenter fps 40 +

afghanvillage settings same, fps 50 + .

on both maps i had average fps of 10- 15 fps in arma 1 but with all settings medium and some on low , viewdistance max 700.

so for me this means PERFECT 10

i tried sahrani , but didnt worked, i tried southsarani and it worked but had lots of missing buildings in paraiso.
    ramadi and porto worked aswell.

if you have more than 2 missing files report with your listed pbos you obviously have a problem in ur folders.
    i copy and pasted exactly your listed pbos and than i copy and pasted opteryx avgani and afghan village content in same addonfolder and they work perfect.

@Opteryx

i bet you never saw your maps so beautiful as they look in arma 2 with such a high fps rate

now someone port iraqi and afghan forces pls

Oh my god. I need to redownload those maps, should I just extract the all the pbo's from Avgani and Afghan Village into a ArmA II modfolder or do you need other ArmA 1 files? I mean I already have the ArmA I maps in but now I'm itching to try Afghan Village.

@Opteryx

i bet you never saw your maps so beautiful as they look in arma 2 with such a high fps rate
    Well to be honest they don't look that great now, mco/multiplier texture, parallax is not working (properly?) and the clutter seems kinda weird, but there is a significant increase in frame-rate for sure. I won't bother doing any porting till the tools are available though.

Quote Originally Posted by Opteryx View Post
    and the clutter seems kinda weird
    weird? how weird?

maybe all you need is to adjust the rvmats

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast