Sign in to follow this  
ilovebeer

Im coming to the Czech Republic

I have always wanted to go to the Czech Republic, but i live in the US so traveling that far is not that easy. My mom's side of the family is full Czech so i have czech in my blood. We are going to go see where my grandmother and great grandmother use to live out there, we also staying in Prague for a while. The bad part about this is it wont be for about 2 years since we need time to plan and its a graduation present for me when i graduate college. I am also going to start taking classes and reading books on how to speak Czech, since i think it is rude to go to another country and not try to at least learn their language. So BIS can i get a tour of where all the magic happens?

"BIS isn't a Zoo" lmao i couldnt stop laughing! Brilliant Reply!

I wouldnt mind going there and just staring at them like there animals :D

"BIS isn't a Zoo"

Uh, who made the animals' MoCaps then? :butbut:

Oh, and forget about learning Czech.

The best you can hope for is to learn some of the basic phrases such as for good day, good night, goodbye and some other I'd rather not post here :D

Edited by Deadfast

Well i bought an audio cd and so far i have learn a few words and phrases. The most important one i learned so far was "Do you understand English?" :D Why shouldnt i learn some Czech?

I'm not saying you shouldn't, I'm saying you won't :p

It's a ridiculously complicated language. Even I, a native born Czech, have problems with it from time to time (s/z, y/i, large/small letters in names, etc.).

Well so far it is hard, just from the little bit i have learn. I also learned Spanish but that was alot easier than Czech.

Enjoy your stay. When in a pub ask for "sto pivo prosim".

These forums aren't really here for people's random threads :)

An instant visit to a Czech hospital if you do in fact drink them all :D

Thanks Placebo, Now if i ask this, what should i expect? :scared:

100 beers ;)

And I think I must have had that as I apparently forgot to close the thread (as was my purpose above), but maybe we'll move it to OT for now instead :)

Well i do love beer, but i dont think i could take 100 of them down :D

Budem brat' dvesti piva.

Lol, I didn't think Chezch was so similar to Russian? hehehe.

Good look at the zoo mate, you'll get shot by angry BIS workers xD

And I think I must have had that as I apparently forgot to close the thread (as was my purpose above), but maybe we'll move it to OT for now instead :)

... and I was already wondering why you didn't close it after your first post. So then.

For BI Stalkers: Team Razor is not fictitious! So be careful if you're sneaking around their bureau! :p

... and I was already wondering why you didn't close it after your first post. So then.

For BI Stalkers: Team Razor is not fictitious! So be careful if you're sneaking around their bureau! :p

Don't say he didn't warn you...

arma2_characters_heads_oharam118z.jpg

:whistle: