Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UAV guide ?

UAV guide ?

Hey All
    ok, I have had a shot at controlling the UAV... but if someone could explain how you use this lol.
    It banks every 2 seconds and I find impossible to get information from it that I can understand quickly.. probably me and my old brain mind you

If anyone has any tips I would really appreciate it.

cheers all

AFAIK, the UAV can only use the rectancular search pattern you see in the campaign, which is a shame as it would be nice to be able to make waypoints for it on the map screen. I also have trouble seeing anything because it keeps turning all the time. One way to avoid this atleast for a few mins is to wait till the UAV starts to fly to the direction you want and use the PageUp key to set it's altitude to something like 2000m. While it's climbing it remains on it's current heading, ignoring the waypoints.

Yep, it needs either a larger circuit, or a ground stabilizing sight. As is, it's like trying to use a telephoto camera lens while riding a bucking horse.

Author of the Thread
    cheers guys for the help.. yep, can alter its flight path by entering map view. And q and z will speek up and down but.. still a tad useless lol

Are you suggesting UAVs can be only programmed to patrol and can't be piloted in real time from the ground?

BTW, waypoints are the most basic thing for an autopilot, I can't believe there's no such thing.

Author of the Thread
    You can set a waypoint for the UAV but the turret camera at this time is not really usuable. It really needs a gyroscopic turret cos the banking of the craft makes it highly unsuable (lol try using the laser sight )

@axure: Actually a wing leveller is about the most basic thing for an autopilot, then advancing to a heading hold function which is prone to gyroscopic precession causing that heading to change over time. Autopilot for waypoints is actually quite complex.

Rectangular search pattern? Ouch, that sounds quite limiting. But it's a start nontheless and will likely be improved by modders if not officially.

I'd wish the slightly easier HuntIR was also implemented as standard equipment.
    Last edited by CarlGustaffa; Jun 3 2009 at 00:21.
    Regards
    Carl Gustaffa - left this game due becoming Steam Exclusive

Warrant Officer
    Can somebody help me set up a UAV?? I got the MQ-9, set to FLy. I got the UAV Logic, and I got the UAV Terminal, now What do I do and how I am supposed to link them so they work together?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy755 View Post
    Can somebody help me set up a UAV?? I got the MQ-9, set to FLy. I got the UAV Logic, and I got the UAV Terminal, now What do I do and how I am supposed to link them so they work together?
    Check this thread:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73363

how do you command the UAV to move to somewhere and prevent it from turning around

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast