Sign in to follow this  
moricky

Debug Console for ARMA 2

Hello,

I improved my unofficial debug console from ArmA1 and ported it to ARMA 2.

Since I'm not planning to continue working on it, feel free to improve it as you wish.

DOWNLOAD

stra_debug2.jpg

This is not an official tool.

Version 1.02 (2011/6/16) changes:

Fixed: Variable check was running in uiNameSpace instead of missionNameSpace.

Version 1.01 (2010/12/08) changes:

Added: Console can now be accessed from multiplayer and 3D editor.
Added: Input field content is now saved even between missions and stays there until game is shut down.
Added: Ctrl+1 to Ctrl+6 shortcuts for executing command lines.

Fixed: Variable check now runs even with 0 acctime.
Fixed: Last expression field content was not saved.
Fixed: Interface is no longer replacing default game values.

Edited by Moricky
Version 1.02 released
  • Like 1

Thank you Thank you Thank you. I was beginning to miss this already :)

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Hmm, so downing the forum makes you make stuff? Maybe it should die more often then :rolleyes:

Is it possbile to cheat with in single player mode ? if yes what the codes plz? And for thos who gonna whine "omg why cheats" i play single player only never care about MP so leave me have fun with game i bought plz.

Well, you could use the debug console in SP mode, right? In that case commands such as "player setDamage 0" or "player setCaptive true" or "player allowDamage false" could be handy.

I especially like the new "allowDamage" feature which caters for perfect mission testing because the enemy will still shoot and sometimes hit you but you can't be hurt. Allows pretty good assessment of difficulty levels beforehand.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

is there any code to get ammo in the debug?

Mainly for debugging mission editing! This tool is handy for checking objecives now tasks to see if their working or not!

"DOES NOT WORK IN MP" so dont even try it!

Sure thing. You can use the "addmagazine" command. This would be "player addmagazine <magazinename>". Magazine names could be something like "30Rnd_545x39_AK" for the AK.

For a full list consult the magazine names per weapon in the class name posting http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73241. Refer to the weapons section.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

am typing this but aint working "player addmagazine 100Rnd_762x51_M240" i have the m48 o mode weapon, i type this down at exec line but nothing happens

Thats just a matter of syntax (mind the quotes). Here's what you can copy and paste:

player addmagazine "100Rnd_762x51_M240"

Edited by VictorFarbau

thank u very much works perfect :), btw do u know any thing about adding support codes?

Thanks a lot, big fan of STRA_DEBUG 1 :D

Your addon seems to cause base classes to update: http://gist.github.com/124296

Not sure if they are required for your addon's operation, but otherwise would be nice to resolve, thanks!

@fidai: I don't know what you mean by support codes. Anyway, this is the addon release board (specifically the debug console thread). If you don't mind take this question to the "Arma 2 Editing" board, ok?

VictorFarbau

@fidai: I don't know what you mean by support codes. Anyway, this is the addon release board (specifically the debug console thread). If you don't mind take this question to the "Arma 2 Editing" board, ok?

VictorFarbau

i meant the support options where u can get transport, artliery etc.

Victor , can u tell plz how this "allowdamage" working?

@fidai, please, -> move these questions to the "MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING" board of Arma 2. Besides: player allowDamage false; for example :) but that's it now.

VictorFarbau

i have tried that debugger and setting the same "player allowDamage false" for all slots thinking it would make the team invurneable but still i fail that mission where i have to kill a sniper then catch some dude but how can i keep them alive

i can´t seem to get the debugger to work since my teamamtes get killed all the time

Edited by pekka_warrior

Hi all

pekka_warrior there is only one player in SP; YOU!

You need to know the ID of non player characters to affect each of them.

then syntax becomes.

(unit name) allowDamage false

As you intention seems to be to give your self some form of "Old Duffers" mode in the campaign you will need to find the IDs of each other unit in your group. I personally would never do that. I know the game is hard; it is meant to be you will get far more fun out of the campaign by persisting and completing it.

So first find the units in a group you could use the Units command

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/units

You then use allowDammage false on each of them.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker