Sign in to follow this  
Phnx

Disable motion blur?

Is there a way to disable motion blur, through a cfg entry maybe?! It's really annoying and it consumes much hardware power!

At first I thought it was just a frame smoothing effect in the videos but seeing it in the actual game makes me nauseous.

I know a lot of people like this motionblur thing. Maybe its more realistic and some other arguments.

But last night I almost threw up on my keyboard.

And it's not because of the one or two drinks I had

(ok, could has been a third one).

Please let us be able to deactivate this "feature".

Kind regards,

Agree!

in our forum, many do not like the fact that there is no possibility to disable this effect ...

I second (or even fifth and sixth) this.... We REALLY need a "motion-sickness" slider where we can choose between mild headache, through intense vertigo, right up to the full blown motion sickness and nausea and potential vomiting default setting.....

:crazy:

I'm almost glad my head tracking doesnt work anymore... can you imagine what it would be like if the display hyperspaced like that at every slight head movement AS WELL as every mouse movement!!!???

Cameras experience this sort of effect when you wave them around - human eyes DON'T! (well - ok. maybe a TINY bit) - same goes for headbobbing - your eyes track continually and your brain adjusts so it DOESN'T look like this in real life!

I almost like the concept - but I really can't handle the implementation - especially when theres no choice in the matter.....

The vast majority of mentions I've seen so far seem to include, "headaches", "dizziness", etc, etc, etc.....

Perhaps when the USA release happens....

A medical disclaimer on the packaging might be a Very Good Idea... you know how Americans just loooove to sue.....

:rolleyes:

In my opinion its merely a gaming gimmick which is most definitely NOT adding to the "realism" or "immersion" of this military SIMULATION...

OK - Rant over.... Just in case anybody's getting the wrong idea, I'm DELIGHTED with almost all of the rest of the game!!

I'll post more comprehensively later and elsewhere on my more general impressions but... sure theres crazy lods and badly adjusted steering in humvees and general all round wierdness, but thats all just typical BIS initial untidiness - it WILL all get fixed...

But I also saw an AI squad leader take command... move forward to a firing position behind a telegraph pole - leaning out to fire!!! - handsignals to the rest of the team to flank left and right - off they went, flanking nicely... I've NEVER seen that in Arma - with ANY mod... no scripting, no "functions" - just a blufor and an opfor squad on opposite sides of a village in the editor , both with "seek and destroy"waypoints in the village center...

Great, great stuff.....

my suggestions???

1) ALL Motion blur optional - before the lawsuits start to roll in... hehehe

2) Head tracking support for devices/software OTHER than just TrackIR (presumably it IS possible to use the mouse and joystick I prefer, why not the IR tracking I prefer too??)

3)... two will do... we all know all the rest will be fixed in patches.....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

The Motion blur is performance related.. I can have it on low settings at 2560x1600 with zero motion blur turning up the setting adds motion blur as the fps drops so low it would look jerky without the blur.. So by having a little bit of blur(tweaking the settings up just for a little bit) your getting better graphics than you would if you didn't have the blur and you just lowered the settings due to the jerking when you rotate.

So too much blur lower your settings or get some more umpf in your PC!

Anyone who has FRAPS will see a huge indication between the blur when recording video and not!

I'm running a triplehead configuration with resolution of 4096x1200... turning settings up until the blur "goes away" isn't really an option...:D

I believe I've seen mention in other posts that there was a low/medium/high setting in the 1.0 version,but it disappeared with the 1.1beta (didn't see it myself, I installed the patch before even attempting to play...)

I'd like it back please......

B

I'm running a triplehead configuration with resolution of 4096x1200... turning settings up until the blur "goes away" isn't really an option...:D

I believe I've seen mention in other posts that there was a low/medium/high setting in the 1.0 version,but it disappeared with the 1.1beta (didn't see it myself, I installed the patch before even attempting to play...)

I'd like it back please......

B

Sorry Mate, but you need to turn it down until the blur goes away.. The blur is due to low frame rate.

I can run at about 20% less pixels than you but I need to turn everything down a bit..

the motion blur when turning is not that bad....bad the blur wenn runnig is crap! my eyes start to hurt after so minutes of playing cause they try to focus the wohle time....but no chance....its focused but the graphics are just blured to death!

This motion blur only happens when I am walking on the ground and turning, when I am flying I have flawless fps..

I have quad core, 4gb, 8800gt oc, xp

Playing the Demo, I was about to pre-order, but Securom and a few things broke the deal for me...

Deal breakers for me!

1) Motion blur, only happens on the ground

2) I cant walk normally while holding the gun, there is only fast forward and really fast forward, or EXTREMELY SLOW forward...... I like OFP where you can walk slow, walk faster while holding gun, and sprint with gun down

3) Steering in vehicles sucks with the mouse - make it like ofp where you look where you are going instead of having to hold alt!

4) Moving the mouse has minor delay in land vehicles, and while walking - this is the only game that has this delay and I run crysis, farcry2 and others at 1920x1080 full settings with no frame drop, no lag - smooth is key guys!!!

5) Air vehicle controls are extremely poor, you can no longer rotate the helicopter left/right with the pedal keys!

6) No way to rebind the ALT key to something else?

7) No way to invert the mouse ONLY on aircraft

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to buy this game, but as said the above broke the deal for me... I think I will stick with Operation Flashpoint and Operation Flashpoint 2 when it comes out - they have controls etc down to an art while Armed Assault 2 just.... has something, and its not good..