Sign in to follow this  
mechastalin

Digital download version asks for DVD.

I've purchased the German digital download version and installed it fine, but when I start the game it either says no DVD is inserted, or the wrong DVD is inserted if one is in the drive so I don't have a chance to enter my key and activate it, what would cause this? I have tried disabling programs like Daemon Tools etc to no effect, and don't have any of them running.

Edited by MechaStalin

Might want to check with your digital download supplier?

Are you sure you haven't been a victim of a scam?

In the hx3 forum was a reply to this:

The DVD check will get removed after installation.

So you clicked to fast on "Play ArmA2".

A reinstallation where you wait till it really finished installation should solve the problem.

I also saw that if you have daemon tools or alcohol installed that you should uninstall any virtual drives before installing this from the digital download, and also make sure you put the key code in uppercase.

Has anyone managed to find a work around, I have done a full uninstall, removed daemon tools rebooted reinstalled and also applied the patch and still get the no disc inserted error message :-(

Has anyone managed to find a work around, I have done a full uninstall, removed daemon tools rebooted reinstalled and also applied the patch and still get the no disc inserted error message :-(

Buy the game? :P

I managed to fix the issue.

MulleDK19, I did buy the digital download $55 and it not working was somewhat annoying.

Still the workaround,

After the initial install from the digital download I got a message ARMA2 is already installed would you like to install again? Select yes as it wasnt installed before and then the installation completes as expected when you try to run the game you get a msg please insert DVD.

To fix this if you go back to the temp installation directory and run the ARMA2.exe from there it will come up with a securerom registration screen, put in your Keycode and it will register online, it will also run the game from that temp directory with some pretty bad errors, simply kill arma2 from task manager and now run the game as normal and everything will work as normal.

Due to non stop crashing in the game I did rebuild my pc and from a fresh build the install didnt cause any of the above issues.

Quote toxim from armaholic forums:

Hey, i also had the Metaboli version asking for dvd, but copying the files paul.dll, unicows.dll, lang.ini and logo-paul.bmp from Arma2\Master\ARMA2, created temporarily by the installer to the game folder did the trick for me. At least the paul.dll and lang.ini are necessary, not sure about the other files...

Hello everyone, i had exactly the same problem here : insert DVD/securom

i reinstall, remove daemon tools, try all you said here but nothing work and i really wonder why i still buy games... Bought from Peter Games < no answer from the support of course

ANYONE PLEASE HELP...

no answer after 48hours from the support of petergames.de....ok ...last time i bought a game....

great

Be patient, You all buy the game from a german website and then problery send them english emails, They have to send them to there english worker to get htem answers problerly. If you want full support just wait for english release.

This is how I fixed the issue of my digital download from petergames.com prompting for the DVD.

Uninstall ArmA2

Install again and when the install finishes, Uncheck "Launch ArmA2". Click OK.

Launch ArmA2 from the desktop icon or from Start...Programs...Bohemia Interactive...ArmA2, I was prompted to activate. I put in serial and activated online.

I don't know why but it seems that when I allowed the set up to start ArmA2 at the end of the setup on my first install attempt, it did not prompt me to register. It prompted for the DVD.

Next I patched to 1.01

Next I added the @english mod and adjusted my ArmA2 shortcut to load it.

Edited by DOA

I have this issue have installing 1.03.

I started with 1.02 fine, got to MP and realised I was a patch out of date (been very busy lol). I then patch to 1.03 and now Securerom is telling me to insert my original ARMA2 disc.

Well, I got the game digitally from Peter Games and don't have a disc.

Any ideas?

I gotta use the 1.03 beta patch for now as that doesnt have the same crap thats stopping me play.

Any idea why I need a DVD for the final patch when I have a digital download version?

Search the forums. The same issue has been posted a fair few times and the mods eventually stopped giving the same answer to each thread.

The problem, in most cases, is missing files (paul.dll and a few others), you can copy them straight into your Arma 2 folder to fix it, paul.dll is the only file I remember (and the most important one) but search the forums (or check Placebo's posts) to find the other filenames.

Okay thanks. I got a lot of threads but they seemed to have drifted away from the problem, either that or I've gone blind and missed them.

The beta patch is okay at the moment but will have a play around with getting the final one to work.

Thanks Bulldogs!