Sign in to follow this  
Bad Pilot

Does SECUROM lock the game to the computer?

I can't wait to try Arma2 so have brought my download copy to work to test it on my laptop (I don't get any time at home until tomorrow morning). I'm concerned because Securom wants to connect to an activation server. Never having seen Securom before, I don't know what it's going to do to me - and I dread having to get technical support in German if it subsequently won't let me install on my game PC!

Advice, please!

You may struggle discussing the copy protection on here mate. I'm sure like installing recent windows incarnations if you try to reinstall after a bios upgrade it thinks it's a different PC and you have to call MS to verify your only putting it on 1 computer.

If this is how they are controlling the install, which I doubt I guess you'd have to contact them after you remove it from your laptop to install it on you PC, worst case.. hows your sprechen Sie Deutsche? :)

The first "The Sims" (1) had SecuROM 4.x .

ArmA 2 has no SecuROM + DRM check, so you can install it where and when you want. But you still need the original disk.

First time I run the game I get:

This software must be activated prior usage. For activation a valid SERIAL is essential.

Bearing in mind, I had to type in my serial number to get the game to install in the first place... Click "Next"...

Please enter your SERIAL in the supplied text area and press ACTIVATE to unlock. Press CANCEL to abort.

Suspicious now, I unplug the net and do what it asks. Then there's an error because it can't talk to it's Nazi master server.

I am disappointed. :mad:

First time I run the game I get:

Bearing in mind, I had to type in my serial number to get the game to install in the first place... Click "Next"...

Suspicious now, I unplug the net and do what it asks. Then there's an error because it can't talk to it's Nazi master server.

I am disappointed. :mad:

Well i think generally a license means you can install it on various machine as long as it's only installed on one machine at once. Unless software is OEM and then the license can be tied to specific hardware.

i concur with jake that it doesn't have DRM, Actually the DL link was /NODRM/ give it a go and tell us when you cannot intsall it on your PC.. :rolleyes:

DP Sorry! Network busy here today for some reason..

Edited by easty

I'll just have to be patient. Have uninstalled from laptop - ain't risking it. For Arma 3, I'll have myself sedated until I have the optical media version in my hands.

i would like to know the answer to this as well please

i have installed the downloadable version on th ededicated server and want to install the same version on my gaming pc....

can i do it with the same copy?