Since the interactive topographic map was published online several updates were made. In this thread I would like to collect and
discuss topics regarding:
(1.) the map of chernarus in general,
(2.) the (interactive) topographic map of chernarus in particular.
The latest updates on the interactive map:
- principal contours (and value)
- mountain names and symbols (trig. point with elevation)
- pass names
- symbols: hills (look for example on the Blunt Rocks in north-east)
- some buildings are labeled: "factory", "power plant"
The interactive map is precise and clean. Great work! Although I would love to see some modifications:
- Use symbols for things like: churches, transmitting stations, factories, power plants, ruins, monuments, etc.
- words only for proper names of Cities, villages, mountains, passes etc.
- include a legend
- include a UTM Grid System using (labeled) meridian stripes
- give us the map in a higher resolution since the intended scale is 1 : 25 000
I hope others will share their thoughts on the chernarus map and many thanks to BI for their great attention to detail!