Sign in to follow this  
BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases two new SP missions

Good evening!

I am very glad having finished - well quite - two SP missions right in time.

Story:

Breaking existing contracts with an american oil company RACS has occupied the oilfield in the south of Sahrani. Furthermore they have captured and deported the civilian workers of United Oil.

In the first mission "Brick Wall" you lead two Special Forces teams that are to rescue the civilians. Coming from the sea you have to deeply infiltrate enemy territory since the prisoners are reported to be held in the village of Gulan. A village sourrounded by RACS bases ...

The second mission "Burning Sand" is a big scale infantry assault to regain control over the oilfield. You are the leader of a USMC company landing south of Tiberia. As recon reports RACS troops are pretty well entrenched and not willing to let go of the oil easily ...

BS_2k.jpgBS_3k.jpg

Features:

- multiple unit control with the CoC Command Engine X

- Dynamic AI Creator

- intense atmosphere

- comprehensive briefings

- artillery support

- excessive use of custom sounds

- enemy forces use their radios as well

- enemy forces call for back up

- enemy forces surrender

- house patrols

- plenty of usefull stuff to discover

- hidden bonus objective

- plenty of usefull stuff to discover

- config addon für additional units and groups

- new ingame user interface

Read more at: http://www.mapfact-archiv.net/include.php?path=content/newseng.php

Download: http://www.mapfact-archiv.net/include.php?path=content/download_eng.php

A big thank you goes out to my beta testers: Chneemann, Mr-Murray, Onkel Bo, Unterfeld!

Most importantly: have as much fun as I had creating those missions! Enjoy! :)

Edited by BadAss [Mapfact.net]

thanks , if they have the seal Mapfact.net they must be good, downloading :)

edit : addon rae_sandbagfix.pbo is needed ? i thought it was obsolete

Edited by william1

Really? I didn't know that. :oh: It was in my mapfact modfolder so I put it in here. But it shouldn't cause any issues, though. But if that's fixed the fix can be left out for sure. ;)

You´ll need to remove the "RAE_sandbagFix" from your mission.sqm´s manually then. Otherwise the mission (Brick Wall in that case, since it´s the only one i´ve checked) will force players to use that otherwise outdated addon. The same goes for "CoC_CommandEngineX", seeing that it´s not listed as required addon on the mapfact homepage.

*hint: While making missions, be sure only to load the addons that are really necessary for the particular mission you´re working on. Strange things may happen if you dont :D ;)

BadAss , i've got a problem here. this is the equipment i have for the missions training and brickwall, don't tried burningsands yet but i think it will be the same. as you see there is no laserdesignator or batteries available, very extrange thing . only addons running Queen's Gambit and patch 1.16.

is this correct?

training camp mission equipment :

th_18493_ScreenShot003_122_256lo.jpg

brickwall mission equiment :

th_18478_ScreenShot001_122_17lo.jpg

and besides that , this error message when playing training camp :

th_18486_ScreenShot002_122_121lo.jpg

Edited by william1

I'm very sorry for that bugs! :j:

Of course I did my best and fastest to fix this, the new version 0.91 is up, by monday, May 25th 1120 CET.

- while editing I had just the modfolder with all required addons loaded, of course! But due to my fault, rae_sandbag fix was in there...

- all Chain of Command stuff is included in the modfolder available for download

- training camp equipment: yes you're right there's the Laser stuff missing. Strangely enough, I had it in my mission! Just to make sure I added some crates with the required equipment. Are you sure you had the modfolder active? Most likely, because there was no error messsage. Strange. But hopefully it works by now.

- Missing pic deleted. There is no picture. Just had forgotten to edit the english source code...

- Brick Wall equipment is correct. There's no arty in there to prevent the civilians from being hit. Next the zodiacs there are some crates, too. So you can choose what you like the most for your own playing.

- Burning Sand: there are crates, too, including all the laser stuff, just in case it disappears for some reason there too.

- ArmA Version: just played and tested with version 1.14. Don't know about the betatesters. Hopefully that doesn't cause any issues?

Seems like I've been away far too long time, to keep up with all stuff...:confused:

Once again, sorry for the problems! Without the release of ArmA 2 next friday (german version) we surely would have tested the missions much longer. But so I was worrying if any one would play it when there's the new game. So we just decided to release it as it was. Hopefully there are no more bugs and you have some fun playing it.:)

In Brick Wall there is much interesting stuff to discover. So if you like to take the risk and are curious you might want to have a look at the RACS areas. Burning Sand is rather about keeping low and trying to survive and maybe not to get all your squads smoked up by the enemy... :D

thanks BadAss , Rome wasn't built in one day and these missions are complex and quality enough so one little bug here and there can be unseen, the artillery is very fun :D

I get following error

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.91'.

The only odd thing I did, was mixing my already existing @map directory with the ones from the @MAP_BurningSand, to avoid double addons.

Has someone an idea, what can cause this error?

Thanks

maybe one of your mapfact addons is an older version and causes conflict :j:

Hi Blaunarwal, did you already try to play the missions just with the @MAP_BurningSand? If not, please try that. To be honest, i don't know what causes that error. :confused:

william1, glad to hear it runs now! And yes the artillery is supposed to be rather fun than rocketscience. ;)

A few things I forgot to mention in the readme, though. Clicking send without having selected a fire mission will cause an error. The same goes for selecting a firemission with 0 shots left. Pretty obvious, I guess.

I wasn't sure about the ammunition count. I didn't wanted it too much because it would be to easy, hopefully it is not too less so it gets useless?

I'ld be glad to hear about your tactics and success! :)

Hi BadAss and William1

Yes I tried, even with clean Arma, just the "clean" @MAP_BurningSand Addon. Same error, also with version 1.14

William I mixed the the folders overwriting the old with the new files. So it should be actual.

I also have no further idea ... maybe the german language version???.

Do you have Queen's Gambit installed ? the missions are designed for Sahrani DBE1 (the one that comes with the expansion)

Thanks BadAss!

Training mission doesnt work for me - after "submit target pos" an error message appears and no shells were fired.

Add subtitles in english versions too.

Would be much better if you could implement speech and voices. Those intros imho are a bit too silent. Maybe add some good background music as "placeholder" or make the intros/outros like in QG. ;)

Arma.rpt fills up with easy to fix "Missing ;"

File map_characters\config.cpp, line 913: '/CfgVehicles/SoldierPAA_G.displayName': Missing ';' at the end of line

File map_characters\config.cpp, line 914: '/CfgVehicles/SoldierPAA_C.displayName': Missing ';' at the end of line

and many of them:

String STR_hinf not found

String STR_hline not found

String STR_hinfmech not found

String STR_lightinfcomp not found

String STR_lightinfsquad not found

String STR_vehiclesquad not found

String STR_lightinfcomp not found

String STR_lightinfsquad not found

String STR_vehiclesquad not found

and some of:

Cannot create non-ai vehicle Blood_Splash4,

Cannot create non-ai vehicle Blood_Splash2,

Cannot create non-ai vehicle Blood_Splash3,

Cannot create non-ai vehicle Blood_Splash1,

I played with beta, QG, @MAP_BurningSand and XEH

Just curious - did you test/play the missions only with those addons?

AI seems to be too short on breath - in Chantico they're starting to moan that they want to rest and take a break. :D

Hope you will fix some issues and dont disappear to Chernarus.

Do you have Queen's Gambit installed ? the missions are designed for Sahrani DBE1 (the one that comes with the expansion)

sure, got ArmA with Queen's Gambit. I started ArmA with "goArmA", just the mods dbe1, beta and @MAP_BurningSand

So there's no other mod influencing it, also tried without beta, plain 1.14. Same error. It's strange.

The @MAP_BurningSand gives no error, only the missions

Here's my ArmA.rpt

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Fri Apr 24 20:17:51 2009

build 1.16.5277

Item STR_03s01 listed twice

Unsupported language German in stringtable

Item STR_LIB_HILUX listed twice

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/

Updating base class RscLoadingText->RscText, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/LoadingOne/controls/CA_TextLoad/

Updating base class RscLoadingText->RscText, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoadMission/controls/Title1/

Updating base class RscLoadingText->RscText, by DBE1\Models_DBE1\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/controls/CA_Text/

Updating base class SoldierEB->SoldierE, by ca\hotfix\qg\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierPTeamLeader/

Warning: no idc entry inside class RscDisplayStart/controls/Progress2

Bad expression in bin\config.bin/CfgEnvSounds/extraSFX_presence.volume

Bad expression in bin\config.bin/CfgEnvSounds/extraSFX_gunfire.volume

Bad expression in bin\config.bin/CfgEnvSounds/extraSFX_urban.volume

Bad expression in bin\config.bin/CfgEnvSounds/extraSFX_attack.volume

Bad expression in bin\config.bin/CfgEnvSounds/extraSFX_presence.volume

Bad expression in bin\config.bin/CfgEnvSounds/extraSFX_gunfire.volume

Bad expression in bin\config.bin/CfgEnvSounds/extraSFX_urban.volume

Bad expression in bin\config.bin/CfgEnvSounds/extraSFX_attack.volume

File common.hpp, line 190: '/RscEdit.font': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 1: '.OnLoadMission': Missing ';' at the end of line

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.91'.

Warning Message: No entry '.cutscenes'.

Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

File common.hpp, line 190: '/RscEdit.font': Missing ';' at the end of line

Hey guys, once again, I'm very sorry for that problems. Seems to be much more beta than I expected.

I'm trying to fix as much as I can. But still got no clue about that world problem.

Hopefully I can manage to post an update within the next two or three days.

Good evening everybody, due to a visit to Chernarus it took far more time than expected to update this one.

The blood splash issue remains unsolved, unfortunately, but the stringtable thingys are okay by now.

I also changed some things in the training mission: you are now free to choose and complete of the two objectives and I added small help texts in the radio menu.

In Burning Sand there's a bit more artillery ammunition and the squads have now ammo bearers. (Not sure if they were there in version 0.91).

Here you go:

http://mapfact-archiv.net/include.php?path=content/download_eng.php&contentid=669

Or direct links:

Addons: http://mapfact-archiv.net/Material/ArmA/Missions/sp/BurningSand/@MAP_BurningSand.rar

Missions: http://mapfact-archiv.net/Material/ArmA/Missions/sp/BurningSand/BurningSand_0.92.rar

Have fun! :)

Please download the addons again, too just to make sure everything's fine.

I noticed you're using CEX and DAC together. I've had no luck getting my side to report (via radio or map updates) the location of DAC-generated enemy units; only editor-placed units. Have you been able to get that to work?

Edited by stridev

Hi stridev, I didn't even notice this as a problem I've got to admit! Since ArmA is out I didn't even start ArmA1 again. Sorry.

Hopefully you have some fun playing the missions, nevertheless!