Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

cwr_header.jpg

*** Important message to the community and the fans of CWR ***

After more than two years of hard work, several setbacks and people coming and going, a lot of great donations from very talented and kind people, and with a lot of support from many sources I need to make the following announcement:

Cold War Rearmed has been released

Some months back it seemed that we cannot make it in time, that a release for ArmA is not possible. But with the help of many people who spent a lot of their free time and their models an impossible task has been done. Without our donators and the hard and dedicated work from the team this would not have been possible. A huge thank you to all the people at BIS for all their support, assistance and input in the past two years.

I am grateful to these kind people and the whole CWR Mod team.

However, not all tasks has been completed. There are models which don't match the quality of others. There might be bugs in the missions and campaigns. There might be translation errors and yes there are even some placeholders still in use we were not able to replace with finished models, we used a lot of sticky-tape and welding to make it happen. :)

We had then to decide: Release what we have, or abandon all the work and donations and wait for ArmA2. We decided to release CWR as a public beta and hope that you enjoy what we have done in the past two years.

Detailed Bugreports and constructive feedback are highly appreciated and we do our best to fix what we can. Depending on how many people are still interested in our Mod even after ArmA2 has been released, we might provide further bugfixes and patches. If you have an addon you think it would replace our existing ones we're more than happy to include it.

There are certain people out there we asked for help or cooperation several times but they simply ignored us, there are also a bunch of people which joined and promised us the moon on a stick but never did anything. I do not want hear any complaints from these people, not a single word - you know who you are.

Last but not least, please check the included credits scene for a list of all involved people. Please check also the readme for some important details.

Thanks for your interest in our work and have fun with Berghoff, Gastovski, Armstrong, Kozlowski, Fowley, Guba, Angelina and all the others. :)

Installation

1) Download the "all in one package" from Armaholic.

2) Extract the content from the CWR_20-05-2010.7z archive into your ArmA installation folder.

3) Create a new ArmA shortcut on your desktop and add -mod=@CWR to the end of the target line - or

Create a new shortcut to the "cwr.bat" file in your ArmA installation folder - or

Add the Mod to your favorite ArmA launcher application.

4) Play!

Please report any bugs you encounter here - Thanks to dev-heaven for the support :)

Huge thanks also to Armaholic for the reliable and fast hosting in the past two years.

Edited by W0lle
removed dead mirrors
  • Like 1

Super, oh very nice im downloading asap :d

Congratulations to this release, I'm glad to see this one out!:yay:

Big thx for this. I cant wait to play the orginal campaign again (or campaigns?) for a long time.

Thats fantastic! Think that CWR is a must-have in ArmA and hopefully in Arma2 too!! :cancan:

Lets hear if Papabear is still in service and on air.

please tell me the campaign has fowley going gun for the i spy game XD

either way fantasic news guys

Let me just say its been a long road. Besides the people who contributed content, the team spent hundreds of man hours making sure that as many errors could be resolved as possible. I'm sure some will crop up, the mod itself is huge (over 2.7 gig installed minus the missions and campaigns) They also worked hard on the compatibility of old missions so that they were capable of running without as little changes as possible. However there is still some tinkering needed.

I hope you all enjoy it, I know I have enjoyed working closely with the team over the last 2 years.

:couch:

Emocional day! :o

Thank you all for your work.

Yeah this is an great step.. !! Installing the mod now, even the Installation is like OFPs Great!! looking forward to playing the campaign!

Nice surprise!

Thanks to the CWR team and all contributors for their hard work.

:yay::yay::yay:

Downloading just now and congrats to the cwr team!!

Hey, nice. I almost forgot about this. Downloading now.

wow... :eek:

Congratz and many thanks to everybody involved, it's a great day for ArmA. :yay:

Edited by GI-JOE

very very nice surprise.. congrats for the huge mega release...downloading asap..:yay::yay:

Now I'm Happy. Very Happy! :yay::yay:

I'll just spread the world. :bounce3::bounce3:

Congratulations to all the team members.

Thank a lot! :)

Enjoy guys! I'm glad we finally got this released.

My download speed is changing like a schizophrenic teenager's mood. I can't wait to play this!

:yay::yay::yay:

Thanks for this release and congrats to all team!

Thanks so much. This is AWESOME!

I really hope you continue your work. What can we do to encourage this?

Some early bugs:

- Desktop shortcut does not install even though selected in installation UI.

- File cwr.ico does not exist?

- Sun disk visible through terrain

- no footstep sounds on concrete apron in opening sequence (when running to and from truck)

System specs:

Intel C2D E6850 @ 3.00GHz

Asus P5Q Deluxe

On-Board SoundMAX HD Audio (v6.10.2.6480 drivers, Acceleration disabled, EAX enabled)

Vistax64 SP2

Nvidia Geforce 8800 Ultra (v185.85 drivers)

4 GB RAM

ArmA v1.14

Nothing overclocked (except 8800 Ultra default overclock)

Edited by KaBoNG

Resistance campaign is broken.... missing (because no more available) addon. We provide a fixed campaign file soon.

Sorry :confused: