Sign in to follow this  
Landstalker

Arma 2 hackers / cheaters !!

Hello guys im new to this forum i was a regular year and half battlefield2 player till the obvious occured - Hackers- ingame Hacking.

Whilst this is a touchy subject due to the game not even out to buy yet. what pre-cautions does the company take to try defend against hackers what is set it place to try to prevent them please.

as bf2 has punkbuster, ive just come from the battlefield heroes forum whilst that is not my kind of game but willing to nose around, till arma 2 smashes the shelves :) i found something very intresting.

that even in the beta test of battlefield heroes hack sites have made hacks, aimbiots , cams ,see through walls, etc....im sure people dont need introduction to the hacking community.I just hope that with the time and effort put into constructing this game they have really thought about the games present defense system whilst online as its been known to cripple a games infrastructure and community down to nothing ie BF2 + others.

so my main question directly asks what protection is used to ensure the saftey of genuine gamers who want to buy into the brand and keep buying hopefully for a long long time?

kind regards

spellcast uk

Edited by Landstalker

I dunno but thats why I dont play PvP in ArmA 1 anymore. Lol, I remember one dude coming on few servers that made your character say that you are a cheater and he was spaming "White Power" all the time. In evo blue he put all players in jail and you couldnt disconnect or do anything. It was kinda funny but got annoying quickly.

ive been without a decent FPS for way too long now i was a battlefield 2 player , and played thousands of hours for what seems now useless.

did i enjoy the game..yes till hackers came in the masses,

and all as it would be is people arguing on servers saying ''your hacking''

ive not yet played arma ive seen it on the shelves in my games store and looked nice from the back of the box ie the pics, but after going through hell in BF2 with cheaters i decided to quit for a while i bought a ps3 to fill in the gap i had with battlefield.

i hope ARMA 2 , is reasonably secure as i can see the detail to vehicle and weopons is very very good i see they just added water and the pics look amazing very very nice and i love the whole codemasters thing with bohemia good they are releasing there own game.

theres no question in my mind , im buying this game the day it comes out i just want to be able to enjoy it, ie host/play/pay for servers and possible start a clan which will come to me over time i just dont want a repeat of history sadly i dont think it can be stopped but mearley prevented.

Edited by Landstalker

every game will atleast have some cheats and hacks, im surprised punkbuster is managing to keep track of all the hacks these days, and as more and more people like to ruin other poeples gameplay i hope BIS have thought about this, as my unhappy face isnt something they want to see ;)

and spellcast, if you do make a clan, im joining, i used to have a BF2 and COD4 clan called =BFW= (britains finest warriors), we had a few members but in the end i just wasnt getting enough donations as i live with the missus and she requires money for handbags and shoes XD

Edited by BEEJ24
spellcasts last post

yeh i feel so enthusiastic for this game i mean the depth of the map and detail is awsome i know what you mean about punkbuster they did try, but eventually they where trying so much they where affecting legit gamers by giving random kicks from servers with all kinds of punkbuster errors after people had updated correctly i played bf2 from start and it was never like that its was lag free and clean to play without kicks unless from server admins lol.

im willing to put allot of time and money into this game i hope the hack sites dont affect this game too much, does anybody know what protection the game has online?

re clan: yeh no problem mate that would be cool when a game like this comes along in times when theres slim picking to say the least then you want to build the community by making clans and buying /renting servers for months on end im 27 years old so im a wise dog :)

but yeh no problem when game comes out def hook up ill get something started after launch about getting a server.

Edited by Landstalker

How can one be without MP in ARMA? Cant understand that one but to each and own i guess. Servers can use sign check and all the rest and i havent seen any hacking since a long time. However the best thing you can do is to play with a team on a closed server. Always awesome games cause everyone is on the same "page". And also ofcourse no hackers get in. This is definatelly the way ARMA plays best instead of open to everyone where there often are some twat disregarding the mission objectives etc.

Anyway, those times ive been on pubs i havent seen any hacking. Especially with addon sign checks. long time ago bombs started dropping over the base etc telling in the chat it was ME! LOL. Oh my... So much retarded people out there.

Alex

If you are looking for a new game to play in player vs player combat, i'd like to suggest Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45.

It's a ww2 multiplayer only game, focussing on the eastern front, and plays out a bit similar to Battlefield in the fact that you have to capture objectives.

Not stupid flags in the middle of a field, but a capzone can be anything from an entire building to a basement etc.

I have played that game for over 400 hours and to be perfectly honest i have never noticed anyone ever cheating.

It has been out for 3 years now, so pricing is really reasonable: about 15$.

It is the best money i have ever spent, considering the developers kept adding on to the game for 2 years, adding new weapons, maps, tanks, and new features like smoke grenades.

If you are in to realism and player vs player combat, RO is definitely a game you just have to play.

Just like in ArmA, 1 shot kills you, either with a pistol or any other weapon, a legshot disables you (though for a short while), armshots make your aim wobbly, and if you get shot in the hands you will drop your weapon.

There are also bullet trajectories to keep in mind, especially if you aim at a running person hundreds of yards away.

Tank battles can take place over kilometres distances, and rounds can actually bounce and deflect off your tank if you angle it well.

Maps range from infantry only, to tank only, and combined arms where infantry and tanks have to co-operate to succeed.

I highly suggest you take a look.

My personal opinion of ArmA's player vs player gameplay isnt all that great. Quite frankly, i got annoyed with it immensely, with players using stupid stuff to dodge bullets (like constantly leaning from left to right) and i only play ArmA in co-op these days.

Red Orchestra is the game i return to every single time for player vs player though, and even though RO's learning curve can be harsh for new players it is extremely rewarding.

Just don't expect any Call of Duty or Battlefield skills and tactics to come in handy because you'll most likely get your arse handed to you on a plate :D

If your interested just look at: www.redorchestragame.com

Hi all

Three main methods of beating Griefers and the like in ArmA.

BattlEye

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=66609

Many stable public servers also run DOACs.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=63208

There is also a banning facility in ArmA that was recently improved.

Most major clans use private and hidden servers for big clan matches. They run public servers to train players to their ethos and to recruit from.

Because ArmA is not a points based ego shooter cheating has little advantage for those playing ArmA.

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

every game will atleast have some cheats and hacks, im surprised punkbuster is managing to keep track of all the hacks these days

lol.. It's not. Punkbuster is so easy to circumvent :o

I actually upgraded my system a while back because there was speak of battlefield 3 and still no sign of life from Dice or EA so my money and time has turnt to ARMA2 , thankyou for the post SiC-Disaster unfortunatly im not a big fan of world war 2 games i sincerley appriciate the post tho im sure others will love it looks ok who knows may have a little go :) im feeling just from looking around the forums that the community is going to be wicked once the games out.As regards to pvp thats the best thing about online the really good thing is to start a clan or join one if your genuinley legit you'll have no worries as your clan memebers would spot you hacking a mile off and you would eventually get kicked and reported so to be in a clan would get benifits as you can build an online war type relationship so to speak and know your team.

thats the very thing i would'nt want to try steer away from is open hosting i love hosting servers with genuine good fps players who just want endless hours of top notch battles ranging from sniper fights, elite flag capping squads ,

might i add too that you can play without joining clans and that you wouldnt im sure be looked upon as a hacker i was just trying to point out if you joined a clan once the game came out it would make our community stronger therefore identifying hackers early on as best we can.

ps: walker nice post i see what you say about the points system if theres nothing to achieve bar unlocks the hackers wouldnt make money lol you have put a smile on my face im somewhat happy you bring releaving word thankyou -

Edited by Landstalker

battlEye looks very good just been on the site via the link you provided seems very good. Im little rusty having been off pc gaming for ages - i got a ps3 with gta4 etc lol i want pc gaming back seriously miss it.

Edited by Landstalker

You might want to put your system rig in your forum signature so that you don't need to copy & paste it in every post you make.

Go to User CP at the top of the forum > then on the left column, select Edit Signature.

yeh must say its a pain ;) glad you came to my rescue ill do it now cheers

72;1285962']How can one be without MP in ARMA? Cant understand that one but to each and own i guess. Servers can use sign check and all the rest and i havent seen any hacking since a long time. However the best thing you can do is to play with a team on a closed server. Always awesome games cause everyone is on the same "page". And also ofcourse no hackers get in. This is definatelly the way ARMA plays best instead of open to everyone where there often are some twat disregarding the mission objectives etc.

Anyway' date=' those times ive been on pubs i havent seen any hacking. Especially with addon sign checks. long time ago bombs started dropping over the base etc telling in the chat it was ME! LOL. Oh my... So much retarded people out there.

Alex[/quote']

Yeah, last year or so I am only playing with few friends on closed servers without anyone bothering us. BattleEye is nothing for those guys man. They fuck up the game anyway.

yeh the hack sites will be waiting for this game... that im sure of.

if people report the first game being hacked then will be matter of days before they get a working aimbot hooked up absolutly angers me.

lets all stay up and keep together.

Hacking is the reason we have squads/clans and locked servers. C/Os and X/Os can easily organize events between two or more squads and share server passwords for each event. Each serious team leader is also keeping an eye on his players when in PvP events. In my team we play Coop in more than 90% of events and 100% on locked servers.

Idea: for A2 it would be nice for BIS to unite all C/Os and X/Os in a locked part of forum where they could arrange joint operation events and share mission ideas.

Well the best thing that ArmA have against cheats (and the best "method" that I've ever seen) is in fact the use of Signed Addon keys.

A friend of mine runs a public dedicated server which I admin and from the moment that I set the server limited to run Signed Addons only I never saw someone cheating on this server again (and before cheaters where unfortunally very, very frequent).

I'm not saying that the Signed Addon Key method is 100% cheat proof but it's definitly the most effective that I know of (way more effective than Punkbuster, Battleye, etc...) since it uses very complex encryption algorithms which are extremelly dificult to hack....

Hacks in ArmA are usually limited to griefing, as it's not as competitive as other games. That includes teamkilling, VON spamming, custom sound spamming and script kiddies doing all kinds of weird stuff.

Playing with closed communities is usually your best bet for a grief free game. Some public servers also don't allow 3rd party addons or custom files, which can also help. Generally griefers tend to turn the openness of the engine into their weapon, creating scripts to do some rather creative things. Mostly it's just griefer joins - drops a couple of bombs to ruin the game - laughs - leaves - *fap fap fap* - rinse, repeat.

It remains to be seen how BIS has improved the situation in Arma2.

The impact of cheating is exaggerated through the roof by some individuals. Personally I don't remember a single case of cheating if you don't count mod users with silent weapons or different ammo counts caused by a replacement addon. Then again I don't play Evolution so I don't know how bad it is there.

@Spellcast

As with BF2 I found the best way to avoid the kidiots was organised tournaments I played many undisturbed games over at BF2Combat.net on BF2 and if you look you'll find similar mulitplayer tournaments for Arma advertised on these forums check them out.

50+ players on a server, organised command structure, so you team mates act in team as oppose to just having the same uniform on...

ICArma and TheatreOfWar immediately come to mind, and there are others.

Most are planning to support Arma2 on release as well as Arma.

BA

thankyou all to have posted so far.

i will be hosting my own server i would like it to be a public server and it will be for a period just to see how things go ill follow some suggestions you guys have posted i want nothing more than to be able to play publically and limit the potential threat, its more of spoiling my games when im in serious sniper mode or something its very irratating and childish as a few members have pointed out when hackers come in.

but theres been some awsome suggestions made thats making me feel like i can actually possibly play in peace.

I dont want to make out every games going to have a hacker in, im sure its not that sort of thing, i just want people who read this thread to understand the potential threat and how as a community we can prevent these children from spoiling our fun and trying to destroy our gaming community.

With this game we have a chance to build something special and the only people that can stop us is the obvious.

so like i say keep your heads high stay together well be prepared this time !

thats for sure!

kind regards to you all.

To avoid cheaters & hackers and all the annoying custom sounds..play in servers that enable;

1) Signature Varification - makes sure noone can join with cheat addons/mods

2) Battleye - stops exe and dll hook hacking

3) CustomFile=0 - disconnects players with custom sounds

have fun playing MP ArmA....the way it was meant to be played not SP ;)

To avoid cheaters & hackers and all the annoying custom sounds..play in servers that enable;

1) Signature Varification - makes sure noone can join with cheat addons/mods

2) Battleye - stops exe and dll hook hacking

3) CustomFile=0 - disconnects players with custom sounds

have fun playing MP ArmA....the way it was meant to be played not SP ;)

Yup. Many servers follow these guidelines (perhaps with an exception to number 3 in some cases) and 99% of my MP games run smoothly. I hope the small list of trust worthy servers make it over to Arma2 so we can have years of continued fun without worries of others ruining it.

yup im new to the ARMA series, the posts above are awsome it really makes me feel like i can play and host with allmost minimal trouble, ive never hosted ARMA servers but i hosted battlefield2 for months on end which was awsome. can i ask someone please without hijacking my own thread :yay:

what do you get with the current servers in ARMA, bf2 had a program called bf2cc that came with most rented servers does ARMA have the same style of program if so could someone please elaborate and tell me a little more on it thankyou-

allso guys - ive been looking for a server host and none seem to be hosting ARMA2 at this point maybe next few weeks well see some sites start it going but has anyone got any sites that are offering rental, ive looked round google cant find any? i have checked the forums and all the threads i went on have dead links or dont work ive mailed www.gameservers.com as they have teamspeak and ventrillo too, aswell as free webspace for new clans , ive mailed them lets see what they say.(fingers crossed)

Edited by Landstalker