Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vietnam: The Experience - final alpha

It's a shame to hear that it can't be easily fixed because it's a real immersion killer crawling up a river bank only to see folliage climb into the sky as you get closer. Are there any plans to re-populate the MeeKong map with single tree/bush objects? If so I'll probably wait before starting work on my campaign.

Cheers

Staff Sergeant
    C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

Smile

Alpha delta,

With ARMA2 around the corner ,i would say there wont be anymore VTE releases for ARMA1.

The 4 islands that i have converted to single trees and that are in the Alpha Release i was hoping would keep us going untill ARMA2 or someone releases a hi-quality NAM style island for ARMA1.

MDSZ (test) has a Meekong "swampy" feel.I hope that will suffice for now.

Are most people enjoying the AI M60 bursts? I have spent prolly around 50 hours all up editing and splicing them and then getting the ai to match the human behaviour....I hope most people like as much as i do.But iam prolly a bit biased considering the time i spent on em.

Steve.

@snakeman
    hmm somehow the warfare mission doesnt work on pmt server when i try to start it, it says "no entry´bin/config.bin/cfg.vehicles.claymoresammobox´."

so it seems to be broken,while hosting and starting on my system works fine.
    seems to need some rework i will try to find out wich addons cause that problem

on topic:

i have played vte final alpha now for more than 40hours and i would like to give some feedback about it and a few suggestions too.

1.) the glass in the planes and choppers seems to be white, i cannot see properly through the windshields of f4 and f5 i also have problems with the huey windshields.
    i dont know if this is a feature but i think a pilot should have the best posible visibility so i suggest to rework the windshields.

2.) the empty us jeeps dont seem to be drivable,the actiomenu dont show up
    3.) in the huey gunship the feet of the passengers stick outside
    4.)the shadows of the rifles are displaced.
    5.)tanks cannot drive through high grass
    6.)ai soldiers cannot go over the ricepaddys barriers

i have a few suggestions regarding the server name and the lack of players.

1.i can only talk for myself and how i go for a arma match when i like to play arma.
    i allways filter out pwed server, bcause iam aware that i need a pw wich i dont have most of the time
    so its useless to see pwed server unless i get somehow the pw.
    in the pmt case its easy to get but i fear most of the ppl dont even bother to visit the site so they wouldnt even know, like i didnt knew , that the pw is on the site.
    this limits alot players.
    as i saw yesterday the pw was removed and i think this is a good way.

2.the pmt server is the vte-mod server but i think it should be CLEAR in the servername what kind of server it is.
    vte-mod is only known as vietnam mod by interested arma players, but alot players dont have a clue what vte means , there fore they try to connect and they get kicked because they have not the mod and they have no idea what is needed to play here AND they dont know that this is an vietnam war mod wich would makes them curious in some way to try to get the mod.
    most dont bother because arma is full of addon servers and many ppl dont bother to get every needed addon just to play a mission.
    so it should be clear in the server name for every interested in vietnam warfare that this server is dedicated to VIETNAM VTE-mod only.
    in the server description it should state clear WHERE to dl the mod and that ONLY this mod is needed to play so ppl dont get lazy as i do when i see i need 20 addons to play on a server
    i would type it with capitals so everyone can see it and try to get the mod.
    something like this : PMT´s VIETNAM Mod Dedicated Server @Vte-mod

just a suggestion, bcause i know how hard it can be to have a mod loaded but i cant find a server with this mod and every other server kicks me bcause i have this mod loaded, so next time i dont even bother to load the mod

3.and please get back the radiostations in the sounds, i miss radio saigon alot
    cheers and see u in nam
    Last edited by horror1; May 13 2009 at 14:30.

I tried out MDSZ test. It's a nice map, but it's a bit linear and there's no villages or clearings along the river bank. Parrots beak and Quan binh son are good, but the rivers are just too narrow to trust the AI to navigate down.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ANZACSAS Steve View Post
    Alpha delta,

With ARMA2 around the corner ,i would say there wont be anymore VTE releases for ARMA1.

The 4 islands that i have converted to single trees and that are in the Alpha Release i was hoping would keep us going untill ARMA2 or someone releases a hi-quality NAM style island for ARMA1.

MDSZ (test) has a Meekong "swampy" feel.I hope that will suffice for now.

Are most people enjoying the AI M60 bursts? I have spent prolly around 50 hours all up editing and splicing them and then getting the ai to match the human behaviour....I hope most people like as much as i do.But iam prolly a bit biased considering the time i spent on em.

Steve.

hi guys, yep its been fun online these last days, and the mod have been improved again but still here and there some bugs,it came a long way sinds beginning,
    Steve when can we see you or you brother online? cant wait to play a bit with you aussies.
    Cya later.
    Last edited by Sgt.Spoetnik; May 13 2009 at 16:41.

Bridge prob on map vte MDSZ single tree hope this helps

Map with location

Can't drive on bridge some parts aren't at same high

Last edited by 70gunner; May 13 2009 at 19:04.

Staff Sergeant
    Sgt.spoetnik,

Ienjoyed last night's game session immensly.I hope we can do it again soon m8.

70gunner,

Thanks for your feedback and bug pictures.

The bridge is noted as needing a fix.

Steve.

i made a first beta of a revive mission on the parrots beak single trees map.
    no respawns, only revive possible so ppl have to stick together as a squad like it was in real life in nam.
    if all unconscious mission is over.
    you start at dawn in the dark and u have bad weather, visibility very limited by fog and rain.
    the mission is to clear the area from vietnamese sams and zsus and destroy the radar station and to liberate 3 vietnamese villages.
    choppers respawn after 2 minutes when destroyed, but you have to make ur way on foot back to a chopper or rejoin the server if u are too lazy
    perhaps i will try to implement a repair script in it, to make it possible for engis to repair the vehicles.
    if some1 could give me a hint for a good engi script it will be much apreciated
    i will name this mission : the longest day in vietnam 1.0 beta.

@anzasas
    i saw your new missions and i like them,
    perhaps im allowed to implement the revive option in ur missions, so players can choose in the beginning if they want to play on their own with recruting ai or without recruting ai just with a few fellows in a tour of duty style mission without respawn?

i really like this mod good work...i did a little video

(sorry for my english )

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcxo2N845A4

Staff Sergeant
    Horror1,

If anyone wants to edit my missions just write Horror1 Edit or add Revive at the end off the name so people can see it is different to the normal mission.

Also, have a look thru OFPEC.com for an engi script.

I have fixed a cupple of bugs in the V2 aircav mission and am doing some more work on it tonight and will post up a version 2.2 this weekend at some point.

niQ®,

Cool video m8.Good stuff.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast