Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Special Air Service Pack

Ravishingly nice figures, but it's S.A.S. troopers, not "operators". :)

We understand that and had a bit of a debate about what to call them in the editor and readme, but we wanted to keep the addon in line with other SF addons, such as Jonnys SF. As sabelzahntiger mentioned we also regarded "Trooper" as a rank within the SAS, and considering ArmA has its own rank system built into the editor it would look a little strange if there was a "Sergeant Trooper" for example. This way it's also easier for mission makers to know what's what in the editor, especially if they're making a mission with joint ops of UK and US SF.

All "operator" implies is that they are on "operations" with UKSF, SAS, SBS, SRR, etc. The word has been applied in recruitment information for the UKSF and is entirely applicable to all personnel of the UKSF.

Just thought I'd clear that one up, it is a deliberate choice. :)

Edited by SafetyCatch

I'm currently working on a new version, with a few bugs fixed (they're only minor issues, shadow issues mainly). If anyone has spotted any issues, please feel free to post them, as they may not yet have been reported.

Also, thanks to da12thmonkey for the new avatar ;)

Didn´t notice any bugs during a short testplay, but one thing ..

muddyshemagh.jpg

is making my custom face look rather strange :D

I noticed you guys are not using model.cfg, its something you really should do. All it takes is to cut paste the cfgSkeletons and cfgModels into the model.cfg file.

Otherwise filewise the addon looks like solid work. Good job.

If only I had time to test them ingame :)

Hi, I've been using these a lot since release and I'm really impressed.

Not a bug exactly but I was wondering if there is anyway to include the backpacks from your mod as seperate models so that they can be assigned as backpacks in ACE?

That way you could use the ACE variant of the units without backpacks and use the properly matching backpacks from your mod as functioning ACE backpacks instead of having to use the default ACE ones. Hope that makes sense!

Maybe this is already possible? I'm not a modder so I'm not exactly sure how it works.

@Mr Burns: Indeed, thats an unfortunate side-effect of adding the facial-fur.

@Snake Man: Its working as it stands, I don't intend on changing it and potentially breaking the config and/or units.

@Goldblock: We will not be including the backpacks in such a way, mainly because of all the coding involved, plus the fact it would require modifying ACE files to include the new classes to support the simulated backpack carrying thing. If ACE want to include the backpack textures in a future update, thats fine by us, but I doubt they'd like us releasing modified versions of their files, which I completely understand.

Edited by Jackal326

Just wanted to point out how its done right and told you the method how to change/fix it. If you think that will break your addon, then I can't think of anything to say.

I know, I appreciate the suggestion, and I've since implemented it into the pack.

Hey Jackal. Don't worry it won't break your unit cutting and pasting that info into a model.cfg file. My mod needs to do the same thing for alot of our addons...we're just too lazy to do it. lol. But its really easy to do and is one of the things you need to do in order to make it compatible with ArmA II. But anyhoo... not a big deal. It can be done at that point in time later.

Overall these are fantastic units!!! Excellent job on them!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nice mod can someone tell me how to get it to run on a server ive got it on the server and was wonder how it would go on the command line for example:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe" -netlog -port=2303 -mod=@ACE;@aceip;@opx;@sas;beta -config=arma.cfg -config=server.cfg

would the @sas come before the ace mod or after as i cant get it to show the units in game on the server but all the people who access the server have the mod and can see them in the armoury.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe" -netlog -port=2303 -mod=@ACE;@aceip;@opx;@sas;beta -config=arma.cfg -config=server.cfg

One of these should be -cfg=xxx.cfg not both -config=xxx.cfg

also I think beta as a mod should go first. so..

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe" -netlog -port=2303 -cfg=arma.cfg -config=server.cfg -mod=beta;@ACE;@aceip;@opx;@sas

Should be the correct shortcut I think.

If you're having trouble seeing the units in game I believe that may be to do with ACE mod hiding default BIS units or something. There's a line in the ace config in your /dta folder you need to alter.

Change

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS __hidden 

to

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS __visible

I think that should fix it.

One of these should be -cfg=xxx.cfg not both -config=xxx.cfg

also I think beta as a mod should go first. so..

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe" -netlog -port=2303 -cfg=arma.cfg -config=server.cfg -mod=beta;@ACE;@aceip;@opx;@sas

Should be the correct shortcut I think.

If you're having trouble seeing the units in game I believe that may be to do with ACE mod hiding default BIS units or something. There's a line in the ace config in your /dta folder you need to alter.

Change

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS __hidden 

to

#define ACE_SCOPE_SHOW_BIS __visible

I think that should fix it.

Cheers fro the quick reply Goldblock ill give it a go and report back.

Just tried them out, top notch work guys, as always. :)

The adjusted point of view for some reason makes the game feel very different for me, on the good side tho.

Just tried them out, top notch work guys, as always. :)

The adjusted point of view for some reason makes the game feel very different for me, on the good side tho.

Thats odd, because we didn't adjust the point of view :confused:

Congrats Guys, Awesome job !

Love the look of the units, love the ACE 'ruckless' units and love the cool little ammo crates...You've made me very happy, now we just need some of your weapons.

Thankyou Very much :)

Hmm, strange, this is what I get, left is SJB SAS, on the right is default BI units:

sjb1.th.jpgsjb2.th.jpg

sjb4.th.jpgsjb3.th.jpg

Yep I get a different POV as well. Which I also like, looks great while using the Jackals fixed guns.

Though it is a bit of a problem when using the machine guns, as it does obstruct a fair bit of the screen.

Good looking units btw.

Cheers

Jonny did it within the SF models you derived these from.

This is also in CMCD's models as well as mine, the fix is in the memory LOD. Adjusting that to a BIS memory LOD should fix the problem.

Jonny did it within the SF models you derived these from.

That would explain it mate, had no idea Jonny had done that. Thanks for clarifying.

As to the 'fix', I'm not sure I'd want to fix it to be honest, as I kind of like it in all honesty. If people see it as a major issue, I'll probably change it, but if not I think we'll keep it as-is.

Edited by Jackal326
Added "As to the fix..."