Sign in to follow this  
celery

CLY PVP missions (beta)

Isn't that a bit far fetched???

No. Bring ´em on! :dance1:

Saw that vid in another thread and I kind of liked the concept. The game mode might not work that well as-is in A2 because many suitable objects might be missing a classname or they don't have physics. The "transformation" technique however is possible by teleporting the player character away and spawning another object in its place. It could be a cool feature for some kickass stealth missions. "Was that barrel here before?"

In other news, the new DM template is progressing slowly but surely. It will have a comprehensive tutorial to help other users make their own full fledged deathmatches with little trouble.

Edited by Celery

Saw that vid in another thread and I kind of liked the concept. The game mode might not work that well as-is in A2 because many suitable objects might be missing a classname or they don't have physics. The "transformation" technique however is possible by teleporting the player character away and spawning another object in its place. It could be a cool feature for some kickass stealth missions. "Was that barrel here before?"

I like this idea too but I really can't see it in ArmA2. It works in CS because the maps are small and mainly in urban areas with a lot of objects defaultly placed.. and BIS games (with all respect!) didn't really excel in indoor fighting.. you would need to place a lot of objects to the map yourself to gave the players a chance to hide. It would be nice to put like a hundred of objects in the city (a play area) and give every one of them a probability of being there though.. that would put the attacking team into real paranoia :D

And to contribute my idea of a mission: since we will have animals in the game, let's use them in another way then shooting them. My idea is this: Two teams with their bases (much like any CTI) but only with light vehicles and transport choppers to build. They would go individually or in search parties into forests to find animals (randomly generated over time).. once they find some, the animal AI will "join the team" and can be transported back to base (a "farm" :)). If the soldier with the animal in team is killed the animal AI will join the nearest soldier (well, in a certain range, like 15m or so). Since the concept is not realy about combat so far, you could spawn some guerrilas into forests (animal rights activists :rolleyes:) that would engage any soldier in sight, so the search wouldn't be just about blind running. The winning team is the one that will accumulate the most animals in their base (in a certain period of time).

There.. that's my idea of a FArmA mission :cool:

For those who think that this concept is very much like sheep-hunting in Age of Epmires 2 - you are right, that was the inspiration!:p

@Celery:

Did you see my "DM Hostage Cows" idea? (linky)

Would you be willing to make something like that? :)

@Celery:

Did you see my "DM Hostage Cows" idea? (linky)

Would you be willing to make something like that? :)

I saw it, could be a nice optional feature for DM Farm where you'd use the cows for cover anyway.

The shit is on.

The first beta mission will be DM Vodka Fest.

Unfortunately there have been some complications. My PC starts overheating after running A2 for a few minutes and some editing functions that were in previous games are not available anymore, most irritatingly custom voices so Vodka is impossible. I'm selling my game very soon and I can only hope to leave something for the community to play with before that happens. Getting a new computer doesn't seem possible in the imminent future but if nothing else, I might install the EU version of A2 on my cousin's newer PC and visit him more frequently to get some editing done.

Come on, theres gotta be some bros in MCY or this community with a spare part you could use to get ArmA2 running.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

My mission making is indefinitely delayed until I get money for better hardware and the game's editing capabilities improve to include features present in the previous games. Sorry if I got anyone hyped.

My mission making is indefinitely delayed until I get money for better hardware and the game's editing capabilities improve to include features present in the previous games. Sorry if I got anyone hyped.

What is missing, Celery?

What is missing, Celery?

PC that can run the game... and I can't add custom sounds properly.

and I can't add custom sounds properly.

It's the same like in A1 :)

To bad, so we will not see Camel Rage, Road Rage, and so on, for a long time :(

Xeno

-Ziggy-;1321489']you got me hyped then' date=' and now again with this thread bumped! :Oo:[/quote']

Me too!

Hope you get your PC issues resolved and the editing stuff too...

It just won't be the same without your maps to look forward to. :(

It's the same like in A1 :)

To bad, so we will not see Camel Rage, Road Rage, and so on, for a long time :(

Xeno

I was not aware of this. What is the exact issue?

Hi Celery

I hope you get an updated PC soon. The community will not be the same with out you.

Perhaps you can get together with one of your colleagues who can update the missions for you.

Kind Regards walker

yeah...sad news...have a nice one Celery and maybe we will see you in the future with a nice and shiny new pc!

Good luck Celery!!! :)

I will be waiting for you on Chernarus or Skira! ;)

Me too!

Hope you get your PC issues resolved and the editing stuff too...

It just won't be the same without your maps to look forward to. :(

+1. Waiting for your invaluable contributions to PVP.

I offered him an e6600 cpu, but his current motherboard is amd...

perhaps the community can help us to get him a working computer.

I imagine with all the upgrading the community is doing there must be some spare parts lying around...:j:

a2_sneakpeak.jpg

Sneak peak of one of my more predictable ideas. If I succeed in scripting it somehow, it will drive like a vehicle without addons.

I've resumed work on the DM script framework and to my surprise I can run A2 at 640x480 without overheating thanks to the 1.04 patch! Thanks BIS! :icon_hug:

Sadly the secret cow project had to be dumped because the animal walked through everything. :(

On a lighter note my DM template is looking pretty good at least in the editor, won't be long (few days) until it's ready for beta. I also invented a crude body armor script that may see some action in my missions if it gets developed further.

The DM template is ready for MP testing, only thing I need now is a proper public server to carry out the testing. Help anyone? :)

In theory once the template is finished and bug-free, I could release a new working deathmatch every day. And I have pre-made the editor part of some of them. :cool: